test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

@Devs: I saw you playing around with the scoreboard.

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited February 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Making a personal display popup that shows a users points, deaths, damage and healing? Yes please. But while you're at it could you add a DPS tracker that shows damage per second? and Healing per second? Possibly as options that can be turned on? Would really appreciate it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Still one thing short of perfect. Show all power drains and shield drains and we're all set.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it takes so little for so huge effect
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Awesome stuff!
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    huh? were was this seen?
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    huh? were was this seen?

I'm curious as well as I don't see anything within the patch notes. Something in a podcast perhaps?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Borticus is working on it, said as much after an embarrassing (for the company) reveal that KDF wasn't even showing up on the scoreboard. SInce they already had to do work on it anyway, it seems reasonable they might see about fiddling with the features it has to make it more useful/exciting/interesting.

The feel I get is that the dev team has a lot of guys who say "Yeah, but we can modify it to do x while fixing the y function."

y'know, tinkerers, and the UI guy's been pretty busy lately...

I don't suppose you have a link to where this was said?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm curious as well as I don't see anything within the patch notes. Something in a podcast perhaps?

In PVP today and last night occasionally a 'personal scoreboard' pops up under the 'scoreboard' button, in bright white text. The three times I've had it happen it hasn't lasted for very long- it seems like something that Bort is actually toggling on, that happens to be showing for all players (probably accidentally). It displays your information that's usually visible only on the full scoreboard. I've only seen it on my feds (I don't pvp on my klink), but if I had to guess he's trying to get klingons to show up, and this toggling on for all players is a byproduct.

It's very obviously not an intended thing because of the bright white text (which is also not in the game font), but if you're reading this Bort we'd really love for it to be an added feature!
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015
    A leaderboard and scoreboard would be great now after all pvp players left.Would really help the 3 people left know when they take the 1st place.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    A leaderboard and scoreboard would be great now after all pvp players left.Would really help the 3 people left know when they take the 1st place.

Three? I think you mean over four hundred people.
  • Options
    ziggydsziggyds Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    illcadia wrote: »

I voted aswell but i'm not pvp'ing. And i'm certainly not the only one.

The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
    John May Lives - Sci - Hobo
  • Options
    edited February 2015

i voted for pvp not for leaderboards.A leaderboard is useless in the current game.

Lemme explain you with more details:
    The game is TRIBBLE.All powers are on global cd ,everything goes through shields ,ships are balanced aslong they are from the latest lockbox ,speed is enough to make 10km weapon range not be enough....yea i want to see who will you put on that leaderboard if no one plays the current TRIBBLE.

revert the game to season 5 and add a leaderboard ...then we can talk about good pvp change.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    it seems like something that Bort is actually toggling on, that happens to be showing for all players (probably accidentally).

Not me. And we don't typically toy with this type of feature in a live environment -- too many options for things to break.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Not me. And we don't typically toy with this type of feature in a live environment -- too many options for things to break.

Well then uh... bug I guess? Next time it happens I'll try and get a screenshot.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well then uh... bug I guess? Next time it happens I'll try and get a screenshot.

Please do.

I know the KDF+Scoreboard issue is on somebody's radar to be addressed. It's possible you're seeing a WIP of some sort.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    here I thought YOU drew that assignment.

It's either a Software/UI issue, or having to do with the Scoreboard settings on the map (Content). Neither are my area of expertise... I wouldn't know how to fix it, even if given the time.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's either a Software/UI issue, or having to do with the Scoreboard settings on the map (Content). Neither are my area of expertise... I wouldn't know how to fix it, even if given the time.

Hope you finally fix the scoreboard and add stats like people in the thread suggested as well.
    Extended stats would be nice.

Also, please check out Enhanced Penetration Space Trait from Delta Reputation.
    It seems that it gives enormous damage boost. Been testing both in PvE and PvP and i'm seeing from 2x to 4x more damage with the trait while the trait says +5 armor penetration. gonna post the video as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    Hope you finally fix the scoreboard and add stats like people in the thread suggested as well.
    Extended stats would be nice.

Also, please check out Enhanced Penetration Space Trait from Delta Reputation.
    It seems that it gives enormous damage boost. Been testing both in PvE and PvP and i'm seeing from 2x to 4x more damage with the trait while the trait says +5 armor penetration. gonna post the video as well.

That's because someone missed a decimal point, so instead of adding +5% armor penetration, it's adding +50%.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That's because someone missed a decimal point, so instead of adding +5% armor penetration, it's adding +50%.

Bingo. And it's been fixed internally.

But... this has nothing to do with scoreboards.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015

oh man, lots of bug fixes coming up :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Finally got it to happen, I was in an Arena match, and it appeared right when the match started, then vanished after a couple minutes.

Here's the relevant screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/Zjic7NG.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015

oh. very nice
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    I logged in yesterday and saw plenty un the queue. I am starting to think all this doom is exaggerated. People are coming back from their grind.

go in the queue to understand.
  • Options
    therealhassanbtherealhassanb Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015

thank you very much for this info, this is a serious issue here.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    thank you very much for this info, this is a serious issue here.
    According to my tests it's one of biggest issues since DR.
    This getting fixed could completely fix damage overkill we are seeing.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i knew there was something wrong with that rep trait when DR was on tribble, and i was testing intel abilities with thissler. his ship was overloaded with intel skills, and had no hull heals, and i had just unlocked that trait and was melting him inside his shields with it.

i also knew then that ionic could not go live the way it was, but of course only the clueless got to test any of that stuff and it got no real pvp feedback, and its been one of the top 3 reasons pvp cant be played anymore since.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I think the scoreboard problem is somehow tied to the thing that KDF players in the Arena Queue are "introduced" to the queue as Fed players. I will take a screenshot when I get into an Arena with my KDF toon
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek: