test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ships in mission play

zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
im trying to use my t6 long range science ship on the mission empress sela (Escape). and I cant get past the d'deridex ship. it can wipe me out with one volley spread. so is this Long range scince ship t6 any good. am I doing something rong. Im a lv60 human science captain. :(
I cant brain I have the dumb
Post edited by zzzspina01 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    D'deridex is known for playing dirty if you're not ready for it. I'm guessing its doing that combo where it hits you with viral matrix, tractor beam, and 3 plasma torpdoes? If thats the case, engineering team or some points in Subsystem Repair (or some human boffs) will get rid of the virus, polarize hull or staying beyond 5km keeps you out of the tractor, and the torpedoes can be taken out easily with AOE sci abilities like Gravity Well, Tyken's Rift, Tractor Beam Repulsors, or the fairly cheap Aceton Assimilator console off the Exchange, or just plain FAW or Scatter Volley.

As for your ship choice, the ship is fine, you probably just need to fine-tune your layout and get more used to using it.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did the Revamped missions in my T5-U sovereign,
    Reverse shield polarity and brace for impact dealt with the tractor beam issue and plasma torp volley, Engineering team clears the viral matrix without issue

Reverse Shield Polarity turns the tractor beam to your advantage, let's say your shields are draining fast with the tractor beam, reverse shield polarity in effects uses the energy from the tractor beam to recharge your shields.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      I use grav well and or tykens rift.
      I had my pirate call, photonic fleet and fleet support all active at once, .
      I was using point defense, spatial chargers, photonic shockwave torpedoes, antiproton sweep and my aero shuttle. all while d'deridex was in grav well. it bearly got any shield damage and a little hull bleed thought damage before all my support ships left. then it killed me again. all my personal triats are shield and hull damage baffs. I cant get past it with this ship. all my weapons are mk xii - xiv. very rare or above.
    • Options
      mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      Oh, you want to obliterate me with those four heavy plasmas?

I don't think so.

*pops Kinetic Magnet*

I love Intel powers.
      2bnb7apx.jpg
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      I've changed my weapons form standed fed phasers to plasma based weapons. and still no change, I still get wiped out in sec's for the most part. what build would you recommend. all the you tube vlogs I find don't use a LRSV. also are the resqued vessel just there for show or should they be helping. when I play they just sit there getting blasted by the romulans.
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      im not good with computers. and don't realy no how to add pic's and such but all plasma build for now

fore - 1 mk XII VR plasma torp - 1 mk XIV UR corrosive, 1 mk XII VR plasma beam array
      aft - 3 x mk XII VR plasma turrets
      mk XIV UR jem'hadar space set - deflector, impulse and shields
      mk X standed 2nd deflctor
      mk XIII VR Obelisk warp (from set)
      EC - UC-spatial charge - UC-point defense - mk XII VR tetraburnium hull armor
      SC - The Long Range Seince Vessel set. 2 x shield refrequencer mk XII VR
      TC - plasma infuser mk XII R and XIV VR,

ok and I now know im doing something majorly wrong, because I found a you tube video where someone was using a LRSV and wiped out the smaller crafts in seconds and it takes me well over a minute. I think I just suck at this. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbg7CaGs0Vw
    • Options
      ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
      edited February 2015
      zzzspina01 wrote: »
      ok and I now know im doing something majorly wrong, because I found a you tube video where someone was using a LRSV and wiped out the smaller crafts in seconds and it takes me well over a minute. I think I just suck at this. :(

Are you sure you're not playing at a higher difficulty than you're used to? The rescue part is actually supposed to be the easy part of the space portion of that mission. Just wait until you warp to Vulcan and actually start taking on multiple D'deridex and Mogai warbirds. :eek:
      After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
      wbur87.jpg
      U.S.S. Tempest
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      ironcaniac wrote: »
      Are you sure you're not playing at a higher difficulty than you're used to? The rescue part is actually supposed to be the easy part of the space portion of that mission. Just wait until you warp to Vulcan and actually start taking on multiple D'deridex and Mogai warbirds. :eek:

please NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      LOL :eek:
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      westmetals wrote: »
      Well, hmm. Without being able to see the captain training or what boff skills you are using...

- You should not use both beams and cannons (turrets are cannons) on the same ship. This is because it means your BOFF skills only benefit some of your energy weapons.
      - The Jem'Hadar set gives bonuses to polaron weapons, so you might see a slight benefit from switching to those. But it shouldn't be gamebreaking one way or the other.
      - For a horde of small craft, with THAT ship? You should be using a combination of Beam Fire at Will (for beam weapons; replace with Cannon Scatter Volley if you are using cannons) and Gravity Well.
      - The secondary deflector should be replaced with an Inhibiting Deflector (which boosts gravity well).
      - You could replace one or both of your universal consoles with Neutronium Alloy armors for better survivability.
      - Shield Refrequencers aren't a very good choice for science consoles; I would go with Emitter Arrays or Field Generators or, even better, something with offensive boosts (like gravity and/or particle generators)

THX i'll try using polaron again its what I've stuck with for most of the time. I only use my jem ships because i just like it, at this point im only using all my t6 ships to get bonuses. then I'll go back to jem ship. thx for the help.
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      ironcaniac wrote: »

I always play at III elite level. but I did drop it to I normal. and was able to get the mission dun. thx for the heads up. guess i'll play norm for a while until I can get higher level items. :)
    • Options
      kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      im not good with computers. and don't realy no how to add pic's and such but all plasma build for now

fore - 1 mk XII VR plasma torp - 1 mk XIV UR corrosive, 1 mk XII VR plasma beam array

This looks to be part of your build, which someone else already covered. Another thing to consider when fighting the big D is that you have to think a bit more about your positioning. Try to stay on it's aft quarter and it can't hit you with anything worth worrying about. IT will take awhile. it is a big ship, but eventually, you can chew through.
      Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      edited March 2015

Also try and stay 6-7km away to avoid the tractor beam
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius