test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My first experience with the new Command Cruiser and a little customization request

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
I took the plunge and bought the Federation 3 pack.
So far i played one Fleet Alert and a 1v1 PvP with a fleet mate in a Romulan Command Cruiser.

I am still getting used to it and trying to figure out the differences to my old Fleet Sovereign.

During the first PvP round I was surprised how strong the Romulan ship was, at it was tearing through my shields and hull like nothing and I died a few times before getting the hang of the new ship and managed a few kills of my own.
I haven't yet really mastered the benefits of the special consoles and forget most of the time to relaunch my shuttles or even use the new inspiration abilities.
There is a point where micromanaging to many abilities and I think I just reached my limit.

After the match I noticed that almost all my traits had been deactivated which explained my underperformance a little.
I also noticed that while I replaced the stock weapons I forgot to replace the the common white shields/engines/deflector/warpcore. Once I put my rep and fleet gear in there it made all the difference in the world.
I rechallenged my fleet mate and what di you know, i was back to my old tanky self, able to actually go on the offensive against that pesky Romulan cloaking alpha striker without worrying too much about survival. :)
I could tank indefinitely and take himout with ease.

During the Fleet Alert I could collect my first starship experience which shouldn't take to long to max if I put my mind to it.

I think I really like the ship and will try out the engi and sci versions when I'm done leveling the tac.
I won't put it into mothballs after getting the traits and give my Sovereign a bit of a rest for a change. It fits my playstyle just as well.

The design is ok, better than the prerelease pictures let on. Though my prefered look required a mix of all 3.

I would certainly put it among my top 5 original Cryptic designs, if not among the top 3.
Mostly because the ship draws heavly from canon inspirations like the Excelsiorish secondary hull which is blended well with a Sovereignish saucer.
I decided on the straight pylons and picked the most conservative looking nacelles with the least exaggerated glowy bits.

Which brings me to my request, in case a ship artist reads this.

Would it be possible to give us the option to remove the lower set of nacelles to make it a classic dual nacelle ship?
There are other precedences where you let us remove parts of a ship later on, like the extra sensor pod on that Trident class science ship or the double wing of the dhael(?) warbird?

I think the quad nacelles on this boat is a bit much and unnecessary.For me the ship would look much more elegant with just 2 nacelles.

Removing them should just be an option of course, so everyone who likes the quad design can keep them.

All in all, job, well done, thank you.
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg