test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Kobali ships 'registration' designations

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hi Dev Team!

Hey, loving the new T6 Kobali ship. :)

My only complaint is that there is no 'K.D.C.' registration designation available for it. On the Fed side all we have as an option is 'U.S.S.' or 'None'. Any chance we could get that designator added to the option list? (and maybe something other than NCC or NX for the ship number?). I'm sure the Klingons would like this option too. :P

Thanks! And keep up the great work! :)
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• teck6teck6 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't forget you can always just key in your own prefix if you use the none option! I fly a Voth ship, and I figured for fun I would put an I.S.S. in front of it, and it displays the same as if it were an actual prefix.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teck6 wrote: »
    Don't forget you can always just key in your own prefix if you use the none option! I fly a Voth ship, and I figured for fun I would put an I.S.S. in front of it, and it displays the same as if it were an actual prefix.

Ah! An excellent workaround until it's fixed!

It worked on two of my Samsars (the names were short enough), but not on the rest. I guess using ship names like 'Corpse Collector' kind of pushes the max text limit - lol :P
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I use the same technique on my to get a HMS prefix.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah that's a good workaround for now but it's still preferable if they add the actual prefix, since you're down 7 characters if you add it in after "none"