test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command Defense Platforms

szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
I'm not sure if this is the best place to inquire, but the blog doesn't really say what damage types the Defense Platforms use for their energy beams and mines. Furthermore, will/do they stack with damage consoles?

The reason I bring this up is that it can be a factor when building a ship. Energy Lances, Disruptor Auto/Nose Cannons, Quantum Field Focus Controller, Energy Lotus, etc. are all boosted by sticking to their corresponding energy weapon type.

If the mines can be boosted, that could open the door for hybrid torpedo builds on these new Command FDBCs(Gravity Well/Inverted Tractor Repulsors + Ambush/Call Emergency Artillery + Torp Spreads + Defense Platform Mines).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    There are a lot of questions about these platforms and their usefulness. Historically these 'vanity' consoles have been for the most part absolute junk which people drop shortly after trying the ship. Very few remain in viable builds.

The also likely share a cool down, not unlike the sets for the Odyssey, or worse are restricted to having 1 in use at any time if you have all three on your ship.

Having said that - I am very curious.

On first look the command abilities seem to be entirely situational. Having now tried the Samsar with an Engineering Command seat, I actually like them. They are situational, but they are more useful than I initially thought.

So in concert with their group bonus for the platforms, I think they will be very interesting to say the least.

The real question is will I buy the full set?
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Followup:
    Fed get Phaser/Photon; KDF get Disruptor/Photon; don't know about Romulan.

All platforms have health and can be targeted, but they appear to have a substantial amount of health that doesn't make them complete cannon-fodder.

They do appear to be boosted by your gear/traits/abilities.
  • Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Romulan are Plasma Beams/Plasma Mines.