test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Diggers have got to go

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
you know em you hate em. the spammers. im not going to mention the name because im not going to advertise. how come cryptic cant just write an algorithm to block them. they post the same message the same way every time. heck include their website name in the chat filter. shut them down.

here's the format: they log in, post 3 times, and log off. the account is by this time reported a thousand times and they'll never use it again. sometimes it looks legitimate other times the account is @ganoehoanfieoihfaioe or something like that.

please get rid of them once and for all.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    honestly they are the only reason i even have people on my ignore list, which keeps growing. Its the same message word for word every time in my inbox just from a new sender.
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They did have an auto ban feature that would ban people for saying certain things.
    The problem is that it can't differentiate from people innocently using those key words and the gold sellers.
    Anyone know if this is still going on?
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    These types of threads continue to pop up every month. No MMO is 100% clean of spammers. It's not a simple "lets get rid of them" and poof they're gone. Cryptic and PWE both know it's annoying and they do try to get rid of them. Your best option is to report spam on them when you see them.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.