test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what is the point of having timed optionals in stfs

proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
if by the time the sever lets you into stf half the time for the optional is goine . i was playing borg disconected and by the time we got to the maop we had 1minute 30 seconds to free 15 borg mission failed . in cc when i logged into that there was only 2minutes left on optional to kill entity
Post edited by proteus22 on

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The point is that a certain percentage of the mission needs to be failed.

Strange, isn't it? I don't remember which post it was, but there was a post made by a dev that basically said that there were too many succesfully completed missions.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    proteus22 wrote: »
    if by the time the sever lets you into stf half the time for the optional is goine . i was playing borg disconected and by the time we got to the maop we had 1minute 30 seconds to free 15 borg mission failed . in cc when i logged into that there was only 2minutes left on optional to kill entity

This is often because someone has quit and you are taking their place.

Crystalline has been bugging out sometimes for me where the entity or tholians don't show up and there are no rewards or mission progress. This often happens when joining one in progress with quitters.

As far as borg disconnected I would say don't bother. They could put 20 minutes on the clock and most pugs wouldn't free a single borg.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    The point is that a certain percentage of the mission needs to be failed.

Strange, isn't it? I don't remember which post it was, but there was a post made by a dev that basically said that there were too many succesfully completed missions.

I remember that post. Largest load of bull ever. Its because we've been doing these SAME missions for YEARS that they're just so unbelievably easy now with the powercreep combined with the release of new STFs being a slow trickle compared to new ships
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]