test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A history of the STO forums' great battles.

2»

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Great Foundry War from last year. All the loot exploits and the story authors getting in each others' faces.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Veteran reward lifer skirmish
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hrmm, I can't remember any great battles...been so long. Whole bunch of slapfights in the sandbox at recess come to mind...
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pro aux2bat vs. anti - aux2bat
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hrmm, I can't remember any great battles...been so long. Whole bunch of slapfights in the sandbox at recess come to mind...

Never forgive! Never forget!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »

But this is Star Trek Online!

Was there ever an actual Star Trek slap fight and not just some slappage?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Was there ever an actual Star Trek slap fight and not just some slappage?

The Maquis comes to mind.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The anti-exploit vs exploits-don't-exist

one of the more interesting phases of that was centered on the changes to tour the Galaxy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    On these forums, anybody having a different opinion can lead to all sorts of battles.

Tom likes cake.
    Jerry likes pie.

One might assume that Tom can accept that Jerry likes pie and that Jerry can accept Tom likes cake...just don't make that assumption here on the forums. Cause around here, Tom will rally up all his friends while Jerry rallies up all his friends, and they will go at it until the mods have to break them up.

There is a funny thing that can happen, mind you.

Tom suggests something. Jerry doesn't like it and states that it is a stupid idea. Now mind you, he hasn't said that Tom is stupid or anything. Yet Tom, here on these forums, is likely to fly off the cuff and go after Jerry as if he had called Tom stupid. But it only be after Tom goes off like that, when we'll have Spike come along and point out that Tom is being stupid.

I think it's damn trippy, personally.

Hrmm, there is also the unfortunate aspect that if somebody's spent a wee bit too much time on the forums over the years, they will inevitably start seeing the same things over and over again (cause nobody ever bothers to search first, they've got some great original idea that nobody could have possibly thought of 9001 times before them)...and...they can end up offering their disagreement with a whole lot more behind it than if it had been the first time the matter had been posted.

Oh well, the STO forums are rarely ever boring...
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's a big one:

The season 7 STF dil fiasco.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feddy bears vs. Klingon warriors vs. Rommys vs. Cross Factioners in everything

The DPS freaks vs. The Cleanies

The Experienced Vetrans vs. The Noobs
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pro T5 conni versus antiT5 conni group.
    Many good deeds in battle were done on that day...

Close related:
    Pro end game bird of prey versus anti end game bird of prey
    The Delta Rising is the best expansion ever people versus the players who love it.

Wait.... The later ones exist? I mean actually? In reality?

Anyway:
    "Kdf needs stuff" versus "it's your fault that you play kdf"
    Lockbox haters against cryptic fanboys
    Kdf/fed war is a good thing against kdf/fed war is a bad thing (solved now)
    Solo only players who don't want any group content to exist versus ppl who do stuff in groups
    T6 is a great idea versus t6 is the worst thing that could ever happen to that game (beeing on the losing side does not mean I was on the wrong side,.. It sucks)
    Related "level cap rise good" versus " bad"...
    To be continued....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Solo only players who don't want any group content to exist versus ppl who do stuff in groups...
    ...vs group players who don't want any solo content to exist. (Yes, I've run into some of them.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png