test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Reputation

rollercoasterrollercoaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
So what can we do with the marks we earn after reaching tier 5 in any reputation besides turn them in for dilithium?

Introducing the Veterans Reputation.

This Reputation will be available only to player characters that have reached level 60.

This will be a bit of a different kind of reputation, using a mix of any reputation marks and BNP's, Ancient Power cells, etc.

There will be two categories to participate in; Experience and Specialization with two types of projects to run, one based on reputation marks, the other would use reputation mats such as BNP, etc.

There will be two project slots in total to run projects on as well as one production slot.

Upon completion of both Tier 5 Experience and Specialization categories the project slots will be converted into additional production slots.

Players can use any marks or mats in any combination for the appropriate projects.

There could also be requirements for other inputs such as EC, Doffs or latinum, etc, but not dilithium.

Projects will take 20 hours to run but will have a dilithium finish now option.

The starting amount of dilithium charged to finish now should be much less than currently used for R&D projects, maybe 4800 or less.

The Rewards:

The Experience Category will reward a permanent 10% bonus to XP earned in everything in the game per tier up to 50% at tier 5.

After Tier 5 you can make XP tokens that reward a temporary XP bonus over a set amount of time, i.e. +50% for 3 hours.

These Token projects could have a finish now dilithium attached to them.

Only one token may be used at a time.

These tokens will be account bound.

The Specialization Category will reward a permanent 10% reduction to the amount of XP needed to earn a Specialization Point per tier to a maximum of 50% reduction.

After Tier 5 you can make a token that upon use would reduce the active Specialization Point being earned by 50% of the total point not just where you have progressed to, i.e. a requirement of 160,000 xp that you had earned 12,000 into would now need another 68,000 xp.

These Token projects could have a finish now dilithium attached to them.

Only one token may be used at a time.

These tokens would be account bound but could only be used by characters that had reached level 60.

The Experience Category would benefit your main and especially your alts as you could even make XP tokens for level 1 characters if you wanted to.

The Specialization Category is more aimed at your main as any alts would have to be 60 to benefit from the tokens and you could therefore be levelling this reputation with your alts from that point.

I leave the amounts of marks and mats as well as the amount earned per project to Cryptic to allow it to make sense for them.

One note, any XP bonus weekend or whatever would over-ride this XP rep bonus for the duration of the event.

Hopefully this could allow players that have finished a reputation and purchased all the gear they ever could want from it to continue playing that particular set of content if they like and not feel as if the marks earned are useless.

The most obvious quality of life improvement from this reputation would be for the levelling of ones characters and reaching specializations that seem out of reach as it stands at the moment.
Post edited by rollercoaster on

Comments

• kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what did you take ? Good stuff , i want some.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think that many players understand that you are *not supposed to* complete your specializations "quickly" or "more easy". It takes a painfully long amount of time *by design*. If you want to accelerate the process you can buy XP boosts in the C-store.

I am not defending that, but this is how it's supposed to work.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I don't think that many players understand that you are *not supposed to* complete your specializations "quickly" or "more easy". It takes a painfully long amount of time *by design*. If you want to accelerate the process you can buy XP boosts in the C-store.

I tend to agree whit you here. Cryptic cannot indefinitely keep adding specializations to the game. you can very easily get to many of them at once. I think 6 major and 6 minor specializations is the sweet spot. you can then have 2 different specializations per class that combine well whit them. it wouldn't be weird if both of the current specializations turn out to be most suitable/like to tactical and newer ones will be more suitable for/like science or engineering.

as long as you earn points slowly cryptic has time to work on them and phase them into the game slowly. constantly giving us new thing to strife for. if they made the process of earning point really fast they would have to add a new specialization each month and they wouldn't be able to do that anymore next summer. right now the can keep adding specializations for at least the next to years....

sure i like to get them fast but I do understand why that doesn't happen.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sumed up - you want for plaayers which take sto as second time job to be even more powerful and get even bigger advantages over causal players ?
    wel go buy cryptic , become chariman and turn it it into asian grind fest as you want.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nimbus ... why not?

Temporal Reputation ... Krenim might be coming...

something related to the Foundry?

something to do with PvP ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

I dunno, whoever made those XP boosters seems to have miscalculated something, because I just can't see how anyone would consider them worth buying considering how little they give. The give very little skill points compared ot how much you need, and the 20 % bonus is not really a notable speed-up. Maybe they'd be justified at a 100 % bonus, or at 20 % with giving a full skill point bar worth of skill points.

Specialization progress is linked to the skill point bar, so there is an automatic association with levelling, and levelling used to be a quick thing in STO.

Anyway. I think some people understand that it's supposed to take long, but don't like it anyway. ;)

I suggest that specializaitons should get the same things reputation got. A "once-per-day" bonus package and a sponsorship kind of system to benefit alts.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They should add a new level onto all the previous reputations to give us a reason to keep playing the missions for them. Could give us a way to get new gear with it (maybe Mk14). I'd like to see new missions linked into it continuing the story of each rep as well.
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I suggest that specializaitons should get the same things reputation got. A "once-per-day" bonus package and a sponsorship kind of system to benefit alts.

what you are saying here is fair this game is getting less alt friendly whit each patch since DR...
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only new rep I want is one that has a Flow Capacitor centric ship set and visuals that are not gunmetal and/or green.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lockbox Reputation where it requires Marks available only from Lockboxes.