test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Organize

2»

Comments

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My sincere thanks to the usual suspects for illustrating my points. Also to the few of you who made more thoughtful remarks, pro or con.

Cheers
    You know that those kinds of statements (ie avoiding direct answers) doesn't help your case right? Or make it any more right/illustrated

So come on, give us a detailed reason
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • delilahwilddelilahwild Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trek21 wrote: »
    You know that those kinds of statements (ie avoiding direct answers) doesn't help your case right? Or make it any more right/illustrated

So come on, give us a detailed reason

Oh my. You don't seem to get it.

I've already made my point about the need to organize. And you and the usual suspects *have* helped me do so. I've no interest in re-litigating established problems in STO. That is a settled issue.

Still I realize you may be paid per post or character count, and this impacts your budget. Sorry about that.

Cheers
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I've already made my point about the need to organize. And you and the usual suspects *have* helped me do so. I've no interest in re-litigating established problems in STO. That is a settled issue.

Still I realize you may be paid per post or character count, and this impacts your budget. Sorry about that.

Cheers

:rolleyes: The conspiracy is strong in this one.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Cheers
    The need to organize? That's your right as far as your opinion, but it doesn't mean it's a fact that it needs to be done, or that the problems you've illustrated actually are problems for others (either period, worse than you claim, or less than you've claimed)

And don't be insulting; I don't get paid to do this, or anything of the sort, or get paid period in that regard. Plus, nothing I've said defended Cryptic or even said I liked them, or that they can do no wrong. Your logic that I'm one of those asskissers doesn't hold up as a result
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Completely agree. I'm on board I'll definitely help I've spent quite a number of years in multiple MMOs analyzing their structures and standards and I've watched as this industry has turned into a chinese gold farming market, except this time it's the game developers who are the gold farmers and it's just as wrong now as when the chinese farmers were doing it.

I also enjoy spending time debunking the apologists in their ongoing quest to just let things like this happen to games and think nothing of it or make it seem like the people who actually care about things like this are the badguys somehow. We're not the ones duping you into spending your hard earned money on things that should be free after you get the basics in game, like progression!
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    posted by delilahwild

Congratulations on your moot point. I think your remark establishes that couldn't be bothered with reviewing the feedback you received or substantiating any of your ramblings with anything at all; Not even the ludicrous spew I might have expected. I haven't helped you do anything; You are quite capable of demonstrating your pitiful lack of motivation.

The other night there was a big sit in on ESD. I think 4 whole people showed up to be rebellious dissidents against tyranny. You would have loved it. It was probably right up your alley. Show your "convictions" by having your avatar emulate the laziest form of civil disobedience then afk and watch Youtube to stay suitably inspired. Keep fighting the the good fight. I'd wish you well and tell you to keep pounding the pavement but it doesn't seem appropriate. Don't get piles.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still I realize you may be paid per post or character count...

That would be so cool...

;)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Interesting. Two fanboys in first. "Me thinks you protest too much".

Based upon your lightning quick response to two of the more respected members of this forum, and, the low post count attributed to your username, and, your easy familiarity with the whole sock puppet concept, I'm thinking you are probably one of those marketing people who is masquerading as a regular player.

So go on, prove me incorrect. I seriously doubt your ability to do so. I am also equally certain you will resort to attempting to label me a 'fanboy' or 'white knight' or 'cryptic defender' as a way to deflect attention from yourself and your nefarious machinations.

If your attempt was indeed an honest one, I am more than willing to be proven wrong. I have been wrong before. Lots of times. About lots of things far more important than a not very good video game. It happens despite my best efforts to prevent it. C'est la vie.

By the way if you are shilling for pwe/cryptic, you really ought to do a better job of covering your tracks. Wouldn't want to be too obvious would you? You see, like most corporate suits, you have incorrectly assumed we are not nearly as intelligent as you are. Without a single piece of corroborating evidence to back up your assumption.

TL;DR Version - Obvious troll is soo obvious. :rolleyes: But I'm really bored tonight so I'll play.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who think there are paid PWE/Cryptic shills when we can't even get Smirk to comment as much on downtime as they do in Neverwinter.

But hey, I guess the tinfoil companies need to eat too.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wow, talk about needing needing haz-mat gear..........if you really want to change this game and the way ppl precieve it , get out your checkbook and buy a controlling interest in PWE/cryptic, then you can change it all you want.............
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who think there are paid PWE/Cryptic shills when we can't even get Smirk to comment as much on downtime as they do in Neverwinter.

But hey, I guess the tinfoil companies need to eat too.

There have been some folks of late that have me totally jealous...like they got their tinfoil hat from Crutchfield while I got mine from 7-Eleven.
  • nvrbad37nvrbad37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The duckbill platypus can store as many as six hundred worms in the pouches of its cheeks.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Based upon your lightning quick response to two of the more respected members of this forum, and, the low post count attributed to your username, and, your easy familiarity with the whole sock puppet concept, I'm thinking you are probably one of those marketing people who is masquerading as a regular player.

So go on, prove me incorrect. I seriously doubt your ability to do so.

Erm ... , have you read the first line in the first post ?
    Like most of you I am deeply disappointed with Delta Rising and the emerging state of the Star Trek Online.

... if this is today's version of reversed psychology by Marketing , then I am unfamiliar with it ... :D
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    You mean I could have been getting paid for actually understanding and supporting some of Cryptics' moves?

Dammit Cryptic... Where's my paycheck! I demand money for arguing in your favour!

As for me , I found it mildly fascinating that this good fellow was the second poster .
    (sure seems to have a lot of time to spend / refresh these forums)
    Talk about absolutely baseless tripe...

Not quite .

While I'm not sure if we have other shills here about at this time (other then you and your "understanding of Cryptic" that is) , right after LOR we did have an unusual number of posters (with dubious post counts) that showed up , praised LOR and or argued in it's favor and then poof , disappeared to never to be heard from again .

... I have little doubt that the Global PW would employ "cheerleaders" of this kind ... , ironically , one way that they stand out (write this down Smirk) is that their English is better formed and delivered then the average forum user ... ;)
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    As for me , I found it mildly fascinating that this good fellow was the second poster .
    (sure seems to have a lot of time to spend / refresh these forums)

And I found it mildly facinating you'd stoop to making a crack like this, especially since I don't have alot to do with my time right now anyway, but I understand you wouldn't know that...

I was in a car accident at the end of November, in which my left foot was crushed and I spent nearly a month in hospital before the swelling had subsided enough to undergo reconstruction and have a plate inserted - doctor's were too concerned of further injury or complications to allow me to go home before hand... It'll be months yet before I'm walking unaided (may never walk properly again), in the mean time, I'm virtually house bound...

So, I'm killing time however I can and jumping back to the forums periodically, while browsing the web, waiting for something to load, or cruising through Sector Space, has been one such way to do so...
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Not quite .

While I'm not sure if we have other shills here about at this time (other then you and your "understanding of Cryptic" that is) , right after LOR we did have an unusual number of posters (with dubious post counts) that showed up , praised LOR and or argued in it's favor and then poof , disappeared to never to be heard from again .

... I have little doubt that the Global PW would employ "cheerleaders" of this kind ... , ironically , one way that they stand out (write this down Smirk) is that their English is better formed and delivered then the average forum user ... ;)

Entirely anecdotal, so still absolutely baseless...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's interesting you mention the real world, since to put it frankly most of the time people here don't have a clue how it really works in the 'real world'.

You really think a single website that you expect someone to actually pay for, since it looks like you can't be bothered to do it yourself, will have any effect at all here? The real world has better things to do then listen to the complaints of a few on a generic F2P videogame.

And Cryptic. A design studio owned by a bigger international publisher with several successful titles under their belt and a hella lot better idea of how the business works. Are you an international business? Do you own an MMO? Do you work in marketing? Do you have any idea at all what the wider F2P market looks like?

Has anyone actually attempted to understand why these changes have happened in the first place?

I have a better idea for you. You don't like it, don't play. And let everyone else make up their own minds.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Like most of you I am deeply disappointed with Delta Rising

No, I do like the storyline and I do like the voice acting. The only thing I don't like is the level gap.
    So I'm not deeply disappointed.
    Like many others I now only sign in twice a week to doff and contribute to my fleet. I will wait in the meantime and hope STO will be taken over and improved by another management team.

Well, I'm not one of them. I do log in to do more than just doff and contribution. Granted, there are bugs in the game that disrupt gameplay. But it's still playable.

So in this case OP, you don't speak for me either. You're in error by just assuming that the "most of us" and "many others" share your opinion.
This discussion has been closed.