test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Darn it Crypic...

supremeadmiralzsupremeadmiralz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Yesterday I threw in $10 worth of ZEN to buy some services, and now today they are having a 20% off sale?! Why can't you guys say this ahead of time! This also happened when I purchased a ton of master keys, and two days from that they went on sale! :mad: Can you maybe put it in the calender or something?
Post edited by supremeadmiralz on

Comments

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bad timing dude, it happens. Its happened to most of us at one time or another.
    It would be nice to see these sales clearly advertised in advance to prevent this happening.
    But I suspect that's par for the course with such things and widely advertising the issue would make people like yourself who would have otherwise saved their cash for the reward buy them at the usual cost up to the last minute without knowing.
    More of an impulse buy thing, whereby people who haven't spent for a while on that one thing or another might just do so with Dil or whatever now its reduced, (I did this last time for bank slots, boring but necessary).
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yesterday I threw in $10 worth of ZEN to buy some services, and now today they are having a 20% off sale?! Why can't you guys say this ahead of time! This also happened when I purchased a ton of master keys, and two days from that they went on sale! :mad: Can you maybe put it in the calender or something?

Welcome to STO! hope you enjoy your stay!
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You guys are still spending cash on this game :confused:

Why?
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »

Why?

I assume because some people like playing the game and are willing to spend money on it.

Are you advocating a boycott?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    I assume because some people like playing the game and are willing to spend money on it.

Naw these are people who just don't understand STO yet.

hence "Welcome to STO! Hope you enjoy your stay!
  • inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Are you endorsing everything that Cryptic does?

I too can ask questions that don't add anything to a discussion.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nategamers wrote: »
    Naw these are people who just don't understand STO yet.

hence "Welcome to STO! Hope you enjoy your stay!
    Naw, they're probably just as likely to be spending money because they want to, liking the game, as much as not understanding it.

I like the game (have since Open Beta + LTS), and could continue spending if I wanted to :) But I know it's not worth it in the end, being a game, so I have to restrain myself
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited February 2015
    trek21 wrote: »
    Naw, they're probably just as likely to be spending money because they want to, liking the game, as much as not understanding it.

I like the game (have since Open Beta + LTS), and could continue spending if I wanted to :) But I know it's not worth it in the end, being a game, so I have to restrain myself

Ya but I never seen a game hub like this put news up at the last min and make some kind of a change that makes the whole event/patch pointless really.

I have seen game hubs at least tell the truth of why they do it, but rarely have I seen a hub do it as a sneaky tactic and thinking they get away with it like some kind of a thief.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ya but I never seen a game hub like this put news up at the last min and make some kind of a change that makes the whole event/patch pointless really.

I have seen game hubs at least tell the truth of why they do it, but rarely have I seen a hub do it as a sneaky tactic and thinking they get away with it like some kind of a thief.

Theft does not equal mistake. Please show me your proof of malicious intent.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Like cidjack is wondering, I'm curious as to how you see that as sneaky in the first place; that implies intentional intent to scam us. Is there any proof (other than the forum's reactions) to prove so?
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel your pain. A couple days ago I spent 725 zen to buy a set of 100 doff roster slots for a character and today it's on sale for 580 zen.

Thems the breaks I guess. Oh well. :(
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Do you not know the first rule of sales?

"As soon as you pay full price for something, it will be on sale the very next day!"

It's a law of the universe. Birds fly, grass grows and full priced items go on sale after you buy them wholesale.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2015
    Theft does not equal mistake. Please show me your proof of malicious intent.

There was no mistake that is the point. We are not talking about some game glitch or Bug here now. If everyone was honest about their intents then we wouldn't have rich people.

Just like Cutler Beckett said "It's just good business"
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I stock up on Zen when I can and wait for sales/buy keys as needed. Nothing in between unless it's too good to pass up. That's how I roll in this game. :cool:
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
    edited February 2015
    I stock up on Zen when I can and wait for sales/buy keys as needed. Nothing in between unless it's too good to pass up. That's how I roll in this game. :cool:

+1337 karma for being smarter than the few.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Blind Fanbois will be blind fanbois. Same kind of people that were still investing in Enron in 2002 or would still trust Mr. Madoff with their life savings...
  • xxivan73xxxxivan73xx Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As ever i'm doing instance to take ship with the particles ,however i erased all the medals as i can recover?
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015

always wait for the weekend, never buy anything before it.

works like a charm in any game.
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »

Why?

I am aware of the fact, that there are some wired people out there .... lets say ... they like pain and they pay $$$ for it.