test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holding back RL money.

roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
I put at least €44 a month into this game, more over Christmas and holidays, but it is time to take a stand.

You have been nerfing the game rewards for months, but now you are even nerfing the rewards of all the grinding in this game by taking away the 50% bonus on the marks submissions.

You want to make things right? Make the Di Weekend the way it has always been.

I understand you have to make money, but this is just pure greed. If you were hoping this would make me spend more RL money, it has just backfired.

Anyone else want to take this stand, or has decided to hold back RL money already, please reply below and let Cryptic know.
Post edited by roamerza on

Comments

• Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    roamerza wrote: »
    I put at least €44 a month into this game, more over Christmas and holidays, but it is time to take a stand.

You have been nerfing the game rewards for months, but now you are even nerfing the rewards of all the grinding in this game by taking away the 50% bonus on the marks submissions.

I understand you have to make money, but this is just pure greed. If you were hoping this would make me spend more RL money, it has just backfired.

Anyone else want to take this stand, or has decided to hold back RL money already, please reply below and let Cryptic know.

+1 Ain't buying no T6 ship now. Or playing.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Patch notes (5-2-2015):
    - Reduced amount of cash flowing from the wallet to the game
    - This is now correctly 0 euro per year
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here.

I've started my third account a bit over a month ago and I didn't have any problem paying around €90 to donate to my fleet and get fleet credits for gear, buy a Vesta around December the 31st and some extra services.

On all my three accounts, I've spent a few thousands euros in the past two years. Every time there was a new lock box, I would buy zen for €50 worth. Not going to do that anymore.

It ends now. After all the lies with difficulties, scaling and now the dilithium event, this is where I draw the line. You won't get another eurocent from me, ever, if this isn't changed back the way it was during the last dilithium weekend.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We supported them when they said they had no cups or plates in the cupboard to eat from (their own words).

They are now very rich.

They repay us by crapping into the hands that feed them.

Thanks.
  • Options
    keepitnastykeepitnasty Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    Keep up the great work Cryptic! Your missteps never upset me...they only amuse me....and they seem to be getting better!

On the heels of another recent failed update...in which the forums lit up like a Christmas tree...you manage to make the most ill timed decision you could make...the mark to dilithium nerf...

Not only do members of your development and technology team seem to consistently upset players ...but now...your marketing team? Could this decision have been made at a worse time!?

WTF are you guys thinking!?

This level of marketing ineptitude is remarkable!

Again ...keep it up guys! Because just when you think things couldn't get any worse...
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Count me in - enough is enough - i won't pay any more money.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic can take their nerfs, turn them sideways.. shine them up real nice.. and cram them straight up their...

Anyway.. yeah, I'm not paying for gross incompetence. It will be an icy day in the pits of hell before this second rate TRIBBLE company gets another dime from me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    paying these guys for producing bugs and lying to the players? never again!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What makes this nerf so lame is that it's just petty. The BIG T5 turn in? I get it, even though it sucks. But nerfing the rewards for tuning in Rep marks and items? That's just plain petty.

Why does everything have to be a fight? Why do I feel like we are always losing something?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh no...44 euro a month...what will they ever do. There are people who spend 10+x that amount. Yeah, these folks are crazy...but they are the ones who dictate how this game goes because they are the one that make money for cryptic. Neither you or me will have that kind of a pull. You want the game to change? Then change the whales. Good luck with that however...remember there are some things even duct tape can't fix.

Economies of scale ... tick off enough payers with their €5 or €400 per month and hopefully someone will get the message.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh no...44 euro a month...what will they ever do. There are people who spend 10+x that amount. Yeah, these folks are crazy...but they are the ones who dictate how this game goes because they are the one that make money for cryptic. Neither you or me will have that kind of a pull. You want the game to change? Then change the whales. Good luck with that however...remember there are some things even duct tape can't fix.

Oh no.... 1 more hateful and dumb post.... what will we ever do.

Ow thats right, ignore you and your pointless attack.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Signed, I'll make do with earning any zen by grinding dil until its only available by buying zen to convert to dil.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. The nerf on the Rep projects is totally uncalled for. We play hours in STF's and then patiently wait for the very few Dil events there are in the first place to get a little more out of our play time and now they took that away from us.

So many things now require DILITHIUM, more then ever before I mean come on...and please don't tell us you upped the rewards for like one or two ground mission STF's or something. At least have the gaul to tell how it is..."we are nerfing Dil because we want to frustrate you into opening your wallets for it."

I think it's having the opposite affect. I too have stopped spending the whaling amount of cash I used to before. :/

Come on release the the chokehold on Dil a little.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More than just a nerf to any dil weekends. I noticed last night there are complete missions that used to have decent dil rewards gone.

1 I found was kill 100 tholians, not there anylonger. I'm pretty sure there are others.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Most of us don't pay at all...so ticking us off costs them nothing.

As for enough of the small scalers...yeah...but they get new player in each month who spend that before they realize it's a trap (or get smart and play for free).

No really, this game is run by and for the whales...and that's not a bad thing if you know how to take advantage of that for you to play for free.

And what if the whales stop paying?

You could consider me a whale. Judging from his post, the OP as well.

You know what happens to a F2P game that looses ingame spending?
    Either become pay2play or shut down.
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It seems that every time I buy zen, insta-regret is popping up the moment after I pressed the purchase button. I am a long time Star Trek fan. I said it before: STO is the closest thing we have to an MMO representing the Star Trek universe. Cryptic/PWE is taking advantage of that love in a very abusive way.

"You love the game? Let's nerf the things you're having fun with. Still want to do it like it was before? Zen is the answer!"

"You love these events? Let's nerf that too then. Still want to do it faster? *Points at C-Store*."

The game is being destroyed by a company that is only interested in filling their own pockets. And they're taking every step necessary to achieve that one goal. You should be ashamed of yourselves Cryptic. I made my comeback to the game 2 months ago and that was the first glimpse I picked up of all the problems in the game. I decided to ignore those and just play the game. But as I progressed futher into the game it became more difficult to do so. The nerf of the Dilithium event is the latest example. Taking away the most rewarding aspect of the event, and then covering it up by telling us it was intended that way in the first place?

I have reached my limit. From now on my wallet stays closed. I'm not spending a penny until I'm convinced the game has shown improvement, which I seriously doubt it ever will.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Signed.

No funding going into PWE's pockets since after my last and biggest purchase of the DR pack.

Already eagerly awaiting the completion of several other MMORPGs, FPSs, and FPS-Z that are already or will be free to play.

It's sad, cause I really like Star Trek, and the game has been a lot of fun with beautiful artwork, character models, ship designs, gameplay dynamics, campaign story lines, among many other things, in addition to a ton of potential, and I'd like to see it succeed, just not in the direction it's been heading.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't been spending money in STO since the Voyager interior and I will continue to not do so.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I applaud you all.

Well, except for the twit, brow-nosed white knight who bleated stupidly... :D
  • Options
    kolarkortarkolarkortar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i have spend over a thousand sense legacy of romulus , buying both packs and many ships inbetween along with services , i have started to cut my spending sense the nerfs after delta rising , this is the last straw , i have played stfs many times a day almost every day sense last dilitium weekend all to build up to this one like i always have done .

This is not a i quit , this is me saying no more money and will spend 50% less time in game.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I stopped spending once Cryptic utterly ignored and refused to fix the broken queues and nerfing everything so much the game became punishing beyond belief for a player. Once they actually DO SOMETHING about this and fix it (and how many months does this take?), I will financially support the game.

Until then, no. This game should be a relationship between Crpytic and the players/consumers. At the moment, its a very one sided and abusive relationship. I wont buy into it.
  • Options
    marcaptain2010marcaptain2010 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually decided to close my wallet a few weeks ago. I can't take this b.s. anymore. I will still play, because it's Star Trek, and I've invested plenty of RL funds into it, but no longer will I pay to be treated so poorly as a customer.
  • Options
    nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    roamerza wrote: »

*Thank you for spending your money and we hope to see you again in the future sometime*
    That is what they will tell you kind sir.

You fell for the already spent money please come back again scam.
  • Options
    fakeseriousfakeserious Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL, now I am not trying to be an ******* or anything... but SERIOUSLY!?

Dilithium is not that hard to get, easily just with "passive play" you can get 8k Dil a day. Whats the point in getting 100k dil if it takes TWO weeks to use it? On my other account, during the winter event, I managed to make literally BILLIONS of EC, I kept buying keys... and ships, but mostly keys. With those keys I opened lock boxes, made more money AND... Dilithium vouchers (150+) <-- Guaranteed 5000 Dil per day, Fleet Dil mine, up to 3000 a day, Asteroid mining missions Another 1000, run 5 STF's... another 2000 -/+, That right there, 2 hours give or take maybe 30 minutes. I mean seriously, wtf is your problem. maybe I just don't understand, but to me, there is no point on sitting on 1 million unrefined Dilithium when you can only refine up to 8000 per day which is so stupid easy to get, and then if you do that on multiple characters a day, you can double, triple, quadruple, so on, the amount you get per day. Some people make 100k+ Dilithium per day so WTF!!!! Cry babies, knock it OFF!! You don't have to spend a dime on this game, If you are willing to spend the time, every single thing in that store is free. You people want a million Dil a day so you can get a T6 ship per day, well GTFO.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    These kinds of threads pop up every time something is changed. Do I agree with the way the dilithium week was presented? Not at all however they are trying to make it right.

That said, again, these threads pop up every time something goes on and it's getting tedious.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.