test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot alter quantity of Omega projects

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Before today's patch, I'd been able to craft more than one Omega material per slotted project (up to five, provided I've enough resources). The option to choose a higher quantity is still there, but it doesn't take after I've made my selection.
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    predcon wrote: »
    Before today's patch, I'd been able to craft more than one Omega material per slotted project (up to five, provided I've enough resources). The option to choose a higher quantity is still there, but it doesn't take after I've made my selection.

It is not letting me do this with anything I try to craft. Have you tried it with other things in your R&D schools? Or is your problem just with the Omega stuff?
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All my slots are full at the moment, but I'll try with something else in a couple hours when one clears up.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can get it to let me craft a few things of more than one quantity. However, others that you should be able to change it, it doesn't let me. Still, the other fixes that they did were awesome. Even though it took 7 days before they did them.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    As I've mentioned in a few other threads on the topic: This was not an intentional change, and we're investigating why it occurred.

As far as we've found, it only seems to affect Omega refinement projects, and PADD component creating projects. All other component crafting allows quantity selection as before.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So all projects you no longer can use catalysts on?

Please consider reverting this change in an emergency patch - putting catalysts in those projects doesn't benefit the players (so usually would be defined as "working as intended" and left alone).

If players want to waste catalysts on projects without any benefit - no problem. So why waste ressources on it and break stuff in the process?

If you are unable to fix this "right now" (or at least quicker than next week) please at least decide "right now" to keep the omega projects after the event is over. That way we could at least keep collecting the particles and refine them later/as needed.
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is pretty disappointing.

Normally I wouldn't care, as slotting multiple R&D projects isn't something I use on a regular basis.

It just sucks that now that I am making use of it for converting omega particles, it's unavailable, (for at least a week), during a time sensitive event.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As I've mentioned in a few other threads on the topic: This was not an intentional change, and we're investigating why it occurred.

As far as we've found, it only seems to affect Omega refinement projects, and PADD component creating projects. All other component crafting allows quantity selection as before.

For me, I haven't tried the Omega Refinements. But I did run into the issue when trying to craft PADDs or craft Training Manuals. No matter how many of the correct materials, dilithium, available DOFF to do it with, I cannot select it to 5. It stays at 1.

This affects some people and not others. Fleetmates can do the 5 as normal and a few like me couldn't.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    froesch2froesch2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes i got the same problem and posted already a bug report for it a while ago. pretty bad i am sitting now on hundreds of particles and can do nothing with them. i tried converting them with 5 characters and 15 r&d slots. still not enough if you can only start a single one.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Does nobody ever listen when there's a dev post?

YEAH. THEY KNOW. THEY'RE WORKING ON IT.

Leave it be.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does nobody ever listen when there's a dev post?

YEAH. THEY KNOW. THEY'RE WORKING ON IT.

Leave it be.

From what I have read of the tribble notes the fix seems to be live on there already. Hopefully it will go live this Thursday.