test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: February - Submit Yours Now!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Starting February 4th, 2015, we begin our next Screenshot Contest for the month! This thread will remain open until the contest entry phase closes on February 28th, 2015!

This month we have a very special theme to coincide with our 5th Anniversary Event. Our theme will be reward a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner! Each user may submit ONE ENTRY. Users who post multiple entries need to define which image is for the entry and which are simply to show off to other users.

February's Theme: Selfies with Harry Kim!

For our 5th Anniversary Episode, Dust to Dust, you and your crew team up with Captain Harry Kim, to venture into the depths of the Kobali AZ Temple to investigate a mystery that the Kobali don't want you to know of. We want you to take time during your mission, to take some creative snapshots of you and Captain Kim, and submit these for your chance to win. Get creative with your shots, and pick any portion of the mission that you think would make a great photo of you with your newest STO best bud, the one and only Harry Kim. SPOILER: Or is he? Don't forget to wear your best Kobali or Vaadwaur uniform for the photo op! (not required for entry) Let's see what creative imagery you can come up with this month STO Community!

IMPORTANT NOTE

Need help taking a photo? Try using the method described below! ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SIZE 1920x1200 OR LARGER.

Prizes!

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

These screenshots can be your chance to showcase your skills as a designer with custom UI placement, special effects, photography style filters or anything you can produce to wow the team.

All entries should be placed in this thread. Any posts not containing an entry, or not staying within these rules will be removed at the end of the contest to leave only the individual entries.

Basic Rules:
  • All Entries must be 1920x1200 minimum size. This is to maintain the Pixel Aspect Ratio need for our staff to convert these into the 4 wallpaper sizes we upload to the Arc Media Gallery. We can make a special custom size for our winners if your screen resolution is a different size, but this will only be done by the request of the user who submits their image.
  • Images not meeting the minimum size will not qualify for the grand prize wallpaper as we cannot convert your entry if the Pixel Aspect Ratio is not compatible.
  • One entry per month per forum user. If your image doesn't win, you are welcome to resubmit it the following month as your one entry.
  • All entry images must be submitted in JPEG form. Layered PSDs will be accepted if you win the 1st prize place, so that we can create the accompanying wallpaper properly. If you wish to create a custom border or UI interface, etc., you will have to bake it into the image when saving it as JPEG, but save the PSD for us later if needed.
  • All submitted images must be made of only material from Star Trek Online.
    • No images containing visual material from the TV/Movies, outside artwork or any licensed material from any other source will be excepted.
    • No custom 3D models or textures can be used in this contest. The image must contain in-game material.
  • Keep it classy Star Trek fans.

Instructions on How To Create A Screenshot & Insert It Here:

• All images must measure at least 1920x1200 for submission or larger.
  • Images should be of high resolution quality. Recommended method:
    • Type "/renderscale 2" into your chat window before taking your image
    • Type "/screenshot" to take image
    • This will create a large TGA file in the directory listed below that can be converted via Photoshop to 1920x1200.
    • If you wish to utilize another method like "Print Screen" you will want to turn off your HUD visuals by hitting Alt +F12
    • (you will find your images in C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots on most PC computers)

Good luck to everyone who enters!

NOTE:The above rules and conditions are subject to change.

~CaptainSmirk

Post edited by askray on

Comments

• Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Step one: play Dust to Dust
    Step two: wear my admirals unform
    step three: Shoot Vaadwaur alongside him in the trenches or help him open doors
    step four: try to get somewhere with it
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aOxeAAl.jpg?1

He's dead Smirk

Image link: http://i.imgur.com/aOxeAAl.jpg?1
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    jesseshepherdjesseshepherd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sle1989 wrote: »
    aOxeAAl.jpg?1

He's dead Smirk

LoL very nicely done!

~Smirk
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Starting February 4th, 2015, we begin our next Screenshot Contest for the month! This thread will remain open until the contest entry phase closes on February 28th, 2015!

This month we have a very special theme to coincide with our 5th Anniversary Event. Our theme will be reward a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner! Each user may submit ONE ENTRY. Users who post multiple entries need to define which image is for the entry and which are simply to show off to other users.

December's Theme: Selfies with Harry Kim!

For our 5th Anniversary Episode, Dust to Dust, you and your crew team up with Captain Harry Kim, to venture into the depths of the Kobali AZ Temple to investigate a mystery that the Kobali don't want you to know of. We want you to take time during your mission, to take some creative snapshots of you and Captain Kim, and submit these for your chance to win. Get creative with your shots, and pick any portion of the mission that you think would make a great photo of you with your newest STO best bud, the one and only Harry Kim. SPOILER: Or is he? Don't forget to wear your best Kobali or Vaadwaur uniform for the photo op! (not required for entry) Let's see what creative imagery you can come up with this month STO Community!

Wow, time flies. It's december again. :P

(You should really stop copypasting screenshot contests' themes.)

Btw, there are some very nice possibilities at the very end of this mission for interesting photo-ops, folks.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    dean962dean962 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hope you all like my entery;)

http://i.imgur.com/hOk4sgW.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    faerenachfaerenach Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nothing like a good D'k Tahg photobomb to cut the tension!

Photobombing%20Kim%20edit.jpg
  • Options
    macgw86macgw86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    JRqoI7c.jpg
    I think he realized he was getting the better deal. . . (note the hot alien chick)
  • Options
    darin73darin73 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    7LpScIL.jpghttp:
  • Options
    fj42fj42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "I took a selfie, but some Romulan Photobombed me..."
    PJJu1ibl.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's a lot going on here...
    SmOh3v.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    took a few screenies of various action phases with mr. kim. decided on the first one.

10cm6ja.jpg
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    wars77wars77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pGT2Qcd
  • Options
    aced211aced211 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This first one will be my entry.

Zip-line%20Harry_zps3zsgaats.jpg
    Harry always manages to use the transporter to get down, even though he said we couldn't. Well, not this time.

The rest of these are just for fun.

screenshot_2015-02-04-20-43-19_zpsr0vpi0lw.jpg
    A "Harry" Situation (in more than two ways)

screenshot_2015-02-04-20-47-30_zpsvrwos9su.jpg
    C'est la Vie

Feb%20Screenshot_zpsakymanp9.jpg
    Existential Crisis Counseling
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    867ecd9744_100272322_o2.jpg

Just me and my pal Harry in the warzone on Kobali Prime
    #justwarriorthings
  • Options
    datfmiragedatfmirage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got the screenshot I just cant get it off irfanview and It doesent pop up in the saved folder
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    notimefortacosnotimefortacos Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    JA3Ym5R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JA3Ym5R.jpg

Took a while to get the right expression on Mr. Kim's face, but the Voyager man soon became his usual majestic self...
  • Options
    vipermk7vipermk7 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Starting February 4th, 2015, we begin our next Screenshot Contest for the month! This thread will remain open until the contest entry phase closes on February 28th, 2015! ...

Just reading through all of this makes me want to quit.
    Where's that file directory on OSX? What do I do when there's no F12 button? Oh and does the picture have to be from the mission (which consistently crashes during the temple inside part)?
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vipermk7 wrote: »
    Where's that file directory on OSX?
    There are some posts about it in the Mac section of the forum.
    Right-click on the icon in 'Applications' and you can choose to see the package contents. Screenshots should also be there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

vipermk7 wrote: »
    What do I do when there's no F12 button?
    Not needed if you're doing an in-game screenshot, since it doesn't capture the UI by default.

If you're using another way of capturing screenshots, and can't find the default bind to hide the UI, you can set it yourself under "Key Binds", "Toggle Show Game UI" (near the bottom of the list).

Oh and does the picture have to be from the mission (which consistently crashes during the temple inside part)?
    That does seem to be the theme and what's requested over and over again in the description.
  • Options
    docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    sle1989 wrote: »
    aOxeAAl.jpg?1

He's dead Smirk

If the Kobali resurrect Captain Kim. Would he be Keten II ?
  • Options
    abdeziel9abdeziel9 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I took a few screen caps before the contest was even announced; and a few more when I repeat the mission just for giggles after repeating the 5th anniversary one for lootz.

[and since you have to link to a website rather than upload them they aren't going to go here]
  • Options
    darklordknight12darklordknight12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2015-02-05-11-41-29.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    r34pr34p Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2015_02_05_14_03_06.jpgHarrys' Angels?
  • Options
    mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    dynatedynate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Diplomatic Negotiations

xB18iyN.jpg

LINK
  • Options
    neutroblaster96neutroblaster96 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    r6p55L9.jpg

I took advantage of the formal outfit to arrange a meeting with my favorite time traveller and my favorite Ensign turned Captain.
This discussion has been closed.