test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What brings you back?

2»

Comments

• talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if it counts. I come back from time to time... maybe once a year, mostly with the hope to see this be star trek.

I reinstall the game, patch it up... get giddy about play a star trek game...

then after about 30 minutes of playing... realize its a grind fest again where anything of value costs money for a f2p game, and the grind gap is insane, that and pvp still mostly sucks.

Haven't bought a cryptic or pw game since this game came out... but at least my lifetime account is collecting stuff? I don't even know what they changed the name to this time.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • ednathepimpednathepimp Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what brings you back?

a new account some would say :D
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The IP mostly. If this wasn't Star Trek, I wouldn't bother.

Secondly, I think it's time and money invested. I've been in since Closed Beta, so that's over five years and several hundred (maybe thousand?) dollars I've put into this game. No matter how bad things get here(JJ bad, if not worse) i stay, partly because I've put in too much to just walk away. The company doesn't care about us, the quality is nonexistant, it's cash grabbin' grinding, and yet, it's Star Trek, so I have the faintest sliver of hope that some one will smack someone in charge, forcing them to clean up the utter mess that is this game.

To be honest, this game doesn't even seem like Trek any more given the murdering, hoarding, raiding, and warmongering the feds do. It really doesn't.

If this game were a movie, it would be catwoman, that's how disassociated from it's IP it is now. It's that bad.

Yet, like a sweet yet frail little old grandma in the hospital, I hold her hand, hoping deep down that she gets better, thanking God she's not dying husk that is Champions online, who is in the next bed over, hooked up to broken down life support.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nothing brings me back until this game is pvp worthy again.. like before LOR or earlier seasons.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sadly, i think nothing would. I still check the forums time to time to see whats going on, nostalgia.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited February 2015
    Lack of motivation or time to learn another mmo games engine and systems. You can forget about trying another pwe game. That's for damn sure :P Secondary factor is investment via money and grind over 4 and half years.
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited February 2015
    playhard88 wrote: »
    Sadly, i think nothing would. I still check the forums time to time to see whats going on, nostalgia.

I can imagine if I did ever leave ths game I would visit the forums to make sure newer players get the facts about how they are indirectly being scammed by this company.

It's funny how we get a skill point event and an stf xp boost followed by a large **** in the TRIBBLE that totally rips away argala grinding cause it doesn't fit their agenda. It's always something with this company. They appear to give something great only to rip it right away two fold with TRIBBLE attached to it. It's okay though keep pissing your players off you dumb ****s LOL!
  • dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Left this game long ago but I pop back again every now and then, Used to love the PvP but then they just screwed it all up but those used to be the days with fleets likd GoD and LORE and TRIBBLE. and all the others going at it back and forth good times gone forever..............:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server