test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Torpedo Exposes

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
Orange expose effect shows up on an enemy. I fire torpedos immediately after I see it pop up. Expose goes away by the time the torpedo hits the enemy.

So, which one actually registers? The torpedo being fired when the expose effect is up, or the torpedo actually hitting the target when the expose effect is up?

Also, did they change the Mogai set bonus expose graphic? Because it could really confuse players which expose effect is for the ionization beam and which one is for torpedo exposes. Or do they both count as the same thing?
ExtxpTp.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Orange expose effect shows up on an enemy. I fire torpedos immediately after I see it pop up. Expose goes away by the time the torpedo hits the enemy.

So, which one actually registers? The torpedo being fired when the expose effect is up, or the torpedo actually hitting the target when the expose effect is up?

If I understand correctly, for nontargetable torpedoes, all damage, damage resistance, and hit/miss is calculated when the torpedo is fired. This means as long as you fire while the target is exposed, you should still get the benefit of the debuff. I'm not sure with targetable torpedoes.
    iconians wrote: »
    Also, did they change the Mogai set bonus expose graphic? Because it could really confuse players which expose effect is for the ionization beam and which one is for torpedo exposes. Or do they both count as the same thing?

It's confusing...
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I understand correctly, for nontargetable torpedoes, all damage, damage resistance, and hit/miss is calculated when the torpedo is fired. This means as long as you fire while the target is exposed, you should still get the benefit of the debuff. I'm not sure with targetable torpedoes.

I think this is how it works. Anything relating to an untargetable torp is calculated the second it launches, hence why they are impossible to evade and once they are away the damage is guaranteed.
    So in theory and buffs etc you have active that affect the torp at the minute of launch should still be taken into account even if they expire before impact.

If it was the other way round then most of these types of buffs would be utterly useless unless you fired point blank at the enemy.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hrmm, I'm trying to think what torp is that slow. It's a 10s debuff with a visible debuff icon - never noticed any visual FX on the ship (but I've turned settings down even more trying to deal with the lag since the Anniversary patch). Sure, if a torp is 2s into an 8s CD...but hrmm...that's autofire, yeah.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    If it was the other way round then most of these types of buffs would be utterly useless unless you fired point blank at the enemy.

Which is why I decided to ask, but if the response is "Calculated when fired", then that's the answer I'm going with.
    Hrmm, I'm trying to think what torp is that slow. It's a 10s debuff with a visible debuff icon - never noticed any visual FX on the ship (but I've turned settings down even more trying to deal with the lag since the Anniversary patch). Sure, if a torp is 2s into an 8s CD...but hrmm...that's autofire, yeah.

I generally don't fire torps unless I have High Yield or Spread off cooldown and ready to fire, to get the nicest explosions. So it's not just the torp launcher itself on cooldown, it's the special torpedo abilities.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a random proc...just like one might not be ready as a shield facing drops, one might be ready for the EWO BO Pen to happen but it doesn't, etc, etc, etc.

With the debuff being placed on the target, though, does that mean that multiple players running Command could take advantage of procs generated by others, yeah? That increased probability of the debuff being in place when you're ready for it, etc, etc, etc...

Would have been nifty, imho, if the extent of the debuff was buffed by the additional passives - then you could get some group play stuff going with folks running Command and Intelligence...

...then again, they'd mentioned thinking about allowing a Primary's first 15 as a Secondary down the road. That could get interesting (OP) to say the least.