test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Particles in Crack in the Mirror mission

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
Ok, apparently the devs have goofed up and put the omega particles on the wrong Bajor space map.
You have to do the mission Crack in the Mirror mission to get to them.

I can't say i dislike that concept, though.

It gave me a reason to replay the mission (and got an accolade on the way I had missed so far).

May they could try out doing that in the future for events like this, where a minigame requires you to enter a random mission to complete it.

System would have to be set up in a way that you only get missions you have already unlocked, though. ;)

Otherwise I can see players raging about having to play Dust to dust with their level 10 chars. :D

What do you think about this?

Would certainly prevent a debacle like this anniversary where players on social zones torpedo each others games causing the interruptions, and the lag wouldn't be as bad.

Plus metrics would show an increase in mission content played. ;)
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With perfect World/Cryptic's thinking, they would only do that for Delta Rising missions and nerf every other mission. their metrics demand people play Delta Rising because : Delta Rising is the best Expansion and players love it!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Romulan-Fed's will need to sneak in with a Fed player...

KDF... well... sorry.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll give this workaround a try.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    May they could try out doing that in the future for events like this, where a minigame requires you to enter a random mission to complete it.
    As long as the system told us which mission we were supposed to do to complete it, sure why not.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    As long as the system told us which mission we were supposed to do to complete it, sure why not.

of course. That is a given. :)
  • diadochidiadochi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As long as the said missions are available to all and not greyed out.
    edited February 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Romulan-Fed's will need to sneak in with a Fed player...

KDF... well... sorry.

Wrong. Crack in the Mirror is available to all factions.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, um... just wondering, where's that urgency in correcting an issue we see when something is benefiting players?
    We also played a Star Trek family feud trivia game, had a Star Trek costume contest, and there was much cake and cookies. It was a very good day.

Oh. I see. I wonder if there would have been time for cake if going to Bajor immediately awarded the ship and gave 17 omega upgrade kits?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wrong. Crack in the Mirror is available to all factions.

Really? my bad. I don't play KDF much.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes this is how it works:

- Start mission
    - Do DS9 part and warp to Bajor map
    - Collect particles in space
    - Warp out right away

Please add to OP that as long as you don't drop the mission but just warp out it will be possible to "restart" (reenter) the mission from it's DS9 entry and it will put you right back in front of the Omage particle. So you can save yourself the DS9 ground part the next times.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At this point, give us the ship for the mission. Seriously. Between the lags and the bugs, it doesn't make much sense anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flynnflyer1flynnflyer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That would be great if you had played the Dominin Domination series. I did not. So I have to play all of the missions in order to get the one map to come up. No way.
    edited February 2015
    That would be great if you had played the Dominin Domination series. I did not. So I have to play all of the missions in order to get the one map to come up. No way.

Or just skip them. ;)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Just skip missions until you get to said mission. It's not that hard.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

- Start mission
    - Warp out right away

Please add to OP that as long as you don't drop the mission but just warp out it will be possible to "restart" (reenter) the mission from it's DS9 entry and it will put you right back in front of the Omage particle. So you can save yourself the DS9 ground part the next times.

Yup, just did this myself. Keep the mission open at that point and you can warp straight into the Molecules. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

- Start mission
    - Warp out right away

confirming here as well the molecules are there and do credit the quest.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just remembered that they had a similar system before.
    When they made the radiation scanning game a daily to be done in the Tau Dewa patrols.

So why not this one in missions? :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    OR... You can just drop the Omega Particle (Daily) mission if you get Bajor (Space) as one of your 3 locations, and then reclaim the mission to get 3 new locations. :rolleyes:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    3 hours later maybe.

What do you mean "3 hours later"? When I ran into the Bajor (Space) snag just the other day, I dropped the mission and reclaimed it without delay.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think its a bad idea. We can replay any mission as often as we want to but to link the minigame to a mission is not good.

And considering that it woud be 3 missions for 3 differnet traces of omega particels...

The minigame already takes long enough because you have to fly to 3 different locations wich, in the worst case scenario, are in three different Sector blocks (ESD, DS9, Defera...)and have bad lagging and rubberbanding.

No if they connect the qmendations to a mission then it yould only be the featured event mission (in this case "dust to dust"). So you get Qmendations for replaying it and the amount of Qmendations depents on if you do the objectives on hard or on normal (hard= 80, normal= 40 Qmendations)

Same should be for the Winter invasion and a new mission for Risa (becasue there is none yet) they should be available in easy, hard and elite and reward the Qmendations/Pearls in addition or instead of the standard Game. I thing they should reward the Qmendations in addition to the game so you can get your ship faster if you are willing to do more (play the mission on Elite). But Elite should not be too hard. Stronger enemies but no auto-fail, mandatory optionals or things like that, just more enemies with more DPS and more HP