test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

omega daily still broke,cant complete

jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
so since the daily is broken will there be any compensation for the days its bin broke because im not spending one dime on a game that doesn't work because i already see ppl ingame with the new ship .im not sure how they got it but the daily isn't working at all
Post edited by jakal122481 on

Comments

• Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if this is part of the "problem" but can't seem to complete the Sol portion of the Omega particles daily. Hope they fix it :)
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you are all enjoying STOs 5th anniversary. Our first 5 year mission is completed, and we look forward to the next 5 years.

I wanted to give you a heads up on some known issues that we are working on. Some of these were mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to repost to make sure the info got out.

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week.

There is a known issue with the Omega mini game in Sol and a few other maps where you won’t get credit for the missions We have a fix and will get this one out as soon as possible. Until then, you can do your omega mini game on Star Fleet Academy.

We ran a fix-up on special Bridge Officers to replace old powers that a player may have deleted in the past. The fix-up works, however, if that Boff was on a station seat, its powers may be out of order and attempting to modify his powers may make things worse. If you simply unslot and reslot that BOff from his station, the problem should correct itself. A fix is on the way.

There are other issues we are also working on, but these were some top issues that several people asked about and I wanted to let you know that we were aware and were working on them.

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1362741
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Until then, you can do your omega mini game on Star Fleet Academy."

What does this even mean?
  • Options
    wired2thenetwired2thenet Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Beam to Star Fleet Academy and complete the daily there. The particle that would complete the mission is near the memorial by the sea shore.

Otherwise, just drop it and get a new one by now. No sense in wasting extra time trying to complete it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Beam to Star Fleet Academy and complete the daily there. The particle that would complete the mission is near the memorial by the sea shore.

Otherwise, just drop it and get a new one by now. No sense in wasting extra time trying to complete it.

Okay, that's what it sounded like but I went there and it did not complete it, but I did not go to that particular. Let me go back there and try it again.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yay, found it. It was right by the wall by the ocean there. Many thanks. I have had this since it started and I have dropped it and started it and it always gave me SOL. Now the funny part is I am Romulan and even Q at Romulus gives me SOL. Anyway many thanks again......
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    karcorner wrote: »
    Yay, found it. It was right by the wall by the ocean there.

This is what I needed, thanks guys! :) I couldn't find it at first; stood by the memorial and then by the wall. Don't know what the respawn rate is, but it eventually appeared.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This is where I found mine. For anyone else just ask in chat and most will tell you if it is in their zone. http://i.imgur.com/d5bjyq4.jpg
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so since the daily is broken will there be any compensation for the days its bin broke because im not spending one dime on a game that doesn't work because i already see ppl ingame with the new ship .im not sure how they got it but the daily isn't working at all

yes its still not working around sol space, I would be more upset if I didn't already have the ship.

how people have it already, like myself had 560 qmendations saved from last year together with the 400 that come from doing the feature mission I only needed 1 successful run of the daily mission for 40 qmendations to get the ship.
    then just get it on all other characters by either doing the daily mission for 40 or with saved qmendations, easy.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jrbrian wrote: »
    Not sure if this is part of the "problem" but can't seem to complete the Sol portion of the Omega particles daily. Hope they fix it :)

I also had the same problem with SOL. Not sure how to fix it, so I will drop the mission and hope it fixes itself.

Somehow...
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I also had the same problem with SOL. Not sure how to fix it, so I will drop the mission and hope it fixes itself.

Somehow...

I had the particle mission for around ESD space and could not get it to work properly and even after dropping and picking up the mission strait away I had the same, I have left it for an hour and now have a different set of locations that does not include ESD so that is the best advise I can give for now, if you have time drop the mission if it has ESD space and try picking it up some time later.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far Andoria and Deep Space 9 are places where I try to get particles and it goes from the start of the timer at around 47 seconds to 0 in about 2-3 seconds time. After I pick up the horn the event daily isn't worth playing anymore even for the tech upgrade because you can never get particles to make it. Chasing Q's on the academy was way more fun than this ever will be. :rolleyes:

Edit: Add Drozana to the list I just encountered of 1 second or half second game times after hitting begin.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.