test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No way for me to get the "free" ship now....

redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
First day I couldn't get any points no matter how many times I ran the mini game. Next day and today I can't even complete the FRAK'n mission to get the stupid Q-somethings! :mad:
At this point I don't see any reason to continue trying for the so-called "free" ship. Unless I wast lots of money buying the stupid Q-things. But then it's not really free. And you know the dev's won't bother fixing this until the very last day, when there is no time left to get enough Q things anyway.
Sound familiar people? (Hint: Breen warship)
[SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by redheadguy on

Comments

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the breen ships they were trying to fix the entire time, but the fixes kept not working.

you are suffering, meanwhile I have the ship and am quite close to an Omega tech upgrade, so things do work.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ehh. Best case the fixes take longer than three days and they extend the event.

Worst case, they double the amount of Q-Comms dropped from the minigame and let us rerun Dust for another 400.

Nuclear option, the Kobali ship just gets given to us for logging in.

I don't really care anyway. Just waiting for the next 50k event so I can get some Zen to buy a Mogh. My Klingon has been rolling in that Dyson ship for too long.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have 480 q-tokens on 3 different toons so far, as far as I've seen only certain locations are bugged, other than that its all working

if you haven't tried already, drop the daily and pick it back up to see if you get different locations
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ... It'll be fixed in plenty of time. That or they'll do something else to allow you to get the ship. Relax, calm down and leave it for a few days. You only need do the daily 15 times to collect enough (If you complete the new Episode), so that's more than enough time still.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    relax. breathe. STO is only a video game. It isn't the end of the world you couldn't get the start you wanted on acquiring the Anniversary Ship. Plenty of time left until March 1st.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    redheadguy wrote: »
    First day I couldn't get any points no matter how many times I ran the mini game. Next day and today I can't even complete the FRAK'n mission to get the stupid Q-somethings! :mad:
    At this point I don't see any reason to continue trying for the so-called "free" ship. Unless I wast lots of money buying the stupid Q-things. But then it's not really free. And you know the dev's won't bother fixing this until the very last day, when there is no time left to get enough Q things anyway.
    Sound familiar people? (Hint: Breen warship)

Right so you can't complete the mission on normal?

It's quite simple really. The only hard part is the panel room and that's easy when you use a pistol with primary fire set to autofire (not secondary). Then you concentrate on the panels and voila you make it (don't step on the electrified bits...).

The Daily for Omega traces now works. If you get an area that doesn't, drop the mission and retake it. Only know failure areas are Bajor, ESD in Space and that's about it.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The part with electricity is difficult for the frist time too. Just wait until the sparks die and move ahead, while stopping for the next sparks, repeat all over again.

With the bridges stay away from the sparky plates. They trigger the bridges to pull back. So watch your steps and choose the easy mod.

I died more than a dozen time on the first attempt. on second and third I got accolades for finishing the electricity part in under 2 minutes and for not falling down on the bridges. I am stupid on such things, so I guess you can do it too.

And the minigame seems to improve now. I finished them today on 3 accounts without any problem.
  • Options
    eamnoneamnon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But does anyone have a clue to how to get in touch with the support????
    Two of my characters suddenly won´t load and if I try the entire game crashes............ WHAT the frell can I do when I can´t even send a frelling mail to them?????? :mad: This game gets worse by the minute.........
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How many ships can you fly at once? Do you really want it anyways? Are you going to waste your playtime zoning all over to get it? I wouldn't bother.

Starship Trait
    Universal Console

Even if you never fly the ship again after unlocking the trait (which is in half the blink of an eye these days).
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But ....but it's okay that they locked the ship behind yet another grind, don't you know that's exactly what you wanted as a player? Didn't you realize that it's the best system out there to receive a free gift? Your time isn't valuable so don't worry about it, the JJ Abrams style management will help you understand just what you want no matter what just like the Old Cardassian government.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But ....but it's okay that they locked the ship behind yet another grind, don't you know that's exactly what you wanted as a player? Didn't you realize that it's the best system out there to receive a free gift? Your time isn't valuable so don't worry about it, the JJ Abrams style management will help you understand just what you want no matter what just like the Old Cardassian government.

LOL at this game being grindy. Don't ever play any other MMO ever, your head might explode.

It takes a lot of entitlement to expect them to mail you top end gear with no gameplay, and in most other MMOs they'd never be able to get anything as good with so little gameplay.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    LOL at this game being grindy. Don't ever play any other MMO ever, your head might explode.

It takes a lot of entitlement to expect them to mail you top end gear with no gameplay, and in most other MMOs they'd never be able to get anything as good with so little gameplay.

Since you brought up both of the dumbest and worst cliches on these forums:

1. Poor service and low quality is still poor service and low quality. Just because someone else is worse (or even as bad) doesn't make it right.

"I tried to cancel my Comcast cable and they spent an hour yelling at me, added extra fees, hung up on me with a string of expletives, and then sent me a bill for calling them."

"You think that's bad? AT&T did the exact same thing to me, but then made me listen to dated 'Yo mama so fat' jokes."

Yes, that is worse, but it doesn't make what Comcast did right. This is a pointless argument to keep saying "X is good because Y is so much worse."

2. When a consumer pays a provider for a service, that consumer is in fact "entitled" to satisfaction. How is this supposed to be a bad thing?

The only bad comes from consumers too foolish to hold a provider to high standards. That's where you get dangerous and shoddy products, predatory and exploitative services, and flat-out abusive customer relations.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since you brought up both of the dumbest and worst cliches on these forums:

1. Poor service and low quality is still poor service and low quality. Just because someone else is worse (or even as bad) doesn't make it right.

"I tried to cancel my Comcast cable and they spent an hour yelling at me, added extra fees, hung up on me with a string of expletives, and then sent me a bill for calling them."

"You think that's bad? AT&T did the exact same thing to me, but then made me listen to dated 'Yo mama so fat' jokes."

Yes, that is worse, but it doesn't make what Comcast did right. This is a pointless argument to keep saying "X is good because Y is so much worse."

2. When a consumer pays a provider for a service, that consumer is in fact "entitled" to satisfaction. How is this supposed to be a bad thing?

The only bad comes from consumers too foolish to hold a provider to high standards. That's where you get dangerous and shoddy products, predatory and exploitative services, and flat-out abusive customer relations.

the difference being its only "poor service" in your opinion, some of us don't consider playing a 2 minute minigame daily for 2 weeks to be all that inconvienient to get a free ship :rolleyes:
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So you'd be happy if this was more like other MMOs and the only option was to buy the ship for $25 - $50?

If so, please understand that many of us are happy to do some grinding for a FREE T6 SHIP.
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    STO isn't a service provider either...
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just said "TRIBBLE it" and dropped getting the ship in the "Event" tab. All I keep getting is mixture of places to go, where. even if i where able to scan it would not check off that the place in question was done. This **** isn't worth it, in many ways Cryptic is better off just handing out the ship. Would have been better than this bugged out ****!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I think people need to be checking Ground vs Space more. Easy to miss, but critical to mission success...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    I think people need to get over themselves and get the 400 qmendations from the feature episode so they dont have to whine about missing a day or two of the omega game.
    2. When a consumer pays a provider for a service, that consumer is in fact "entitled" to satisfaction.
    Actually no you aren't... there is an EXPECTATION of satisfaction, and many companies will work with customers that were not satisfied in some form or another but there is no guarantee unless explicitly stated.
  • Options
    diadochidiadochi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The player/customer is obviously entitled to somewhat satisfactory game-play otherwise the gaming companies would never get anyone to play their games. The minimum standard from any game advertised is that playing the game will be fun.

If players were expected to be serene about game-breaking bugs then every game company would be very public with a proviso starting that playing their game may result in a miserable experience due to due bugs.

This isn't the case, so despite there being no legal or divine protection for a player, both the devs and players understand the game is supposed to be fun, i.e. work as intended.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Please remind me... How much does it cost to play STO?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please remind me... How much does it cost to play STO?

If you listen to some hundreds a day... at least.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    In asian grinder games the player is entitled to play. Anything else is property and decision of the provider.

Read the rules and you will see that I am right about this!
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They can keep their free ship. Got enough ships to fly around. At first I was excited to get started on these anniversary missions. But so far it only lead to dissapointment. Can't be bothered anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Summary for today for me:

- lag - yes
    - rubberbanding - yes, even in space
    - button delay - yes, especially the new toggle for the EV-suit drove me crazy today
    - BTD (back to desktop) - yes, at least 3 times (2 of which when somebody minigamed the same node as me)
    - minigames scoring 0 - yes, several times

improvements
    - I can finish the minigame now

complaint: I'm not using another rare ingame currency (lobis) to make up for a game feature that simply did not work for at least 2 days.
  • Options
    redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Right so you can't complete the mission on normal?

It's quite simple really. The only hard part is the panel room and that's easy when you use a pistol with primary fire set to autofire (not secondary). Then you concentrate on the panels and voila you make it (don't step on the electrified bits...).

The Daily for Omega traces now works. If you get an area that doesn't, drop the mission and retake it. Only know failure areas are Bajor, ESD in Space and that's about it.

I wasn't clear before. I finished the mission "dust to dust". It's the daily mission that is not working for me.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic really needs to fix this annoying bug (unless it was intentional? I'm so jaded, I could even believe that). I don't know about the rest of the playerbase, but that ship is extremely powerful in the right hands.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Part of the problem is the Omega upgrade item. It's so OP for upgrading that people are just farming the mats. Which means literally 100's of people sitting there playing that sodding mini-game.

I haven't had a day I couldn't complete the Daily though. It's more a case of Bail on Bajor here, though a workaround for that has been found. If you drop and restart that you can avoid a Bajor result. The other way is to start the mission "Crack in the Mirror" to get the Bajor molecule.

Most of the complaints I've seen are from people misreading the mission and going to Ground instead of Space or Vice Versa. TBH it shouldn't have that distinction, it should be Vulcan, or Andoria, not a specified ground or space.

Oh and the Omega Upgrade shouldn't be limited to grinding mats to the point of making around 2 per hour. That is horrendously slow. Only benefits those who can be happy getting RSI from that dratted mini-game. If anything I hope that I do get the immediate game completion as I still get the reward and don't have to hurt my fingers to do so. Also much faster for grinding out, which I cannot be bothered with. It's just too boring.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    diadochi wrote: »
    The player/customer is obviously entitled to somewhat satisfactory game-play otherwise the gaming companies would never get anyone to play their games. The minimum standard from any game advertised is that playing the game will be fun.
    No. There can not be a guarantee that a customer of a computer game will be satisfied. If you love FPS you can't expect a 4X game to provide a satisfying experience.

If you paid money for STO ( which you don't need to to get access to it), you are only entitled to get what you paid for - access to the game, particular in-game items, whatever. Not that you also like it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.