test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Borderlands

takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Ten Forward
Hello. :)

Along with playing STO, working on the Masterverse with Sander, Patrick, Knightraider, and GulBerat, I also spend some time as part of a Play-by-EMail RPG Community, known as Star Trek Borderlands.

It's set in the Delta Quadrant, a few decades after Voyager - with a stable wormhole opening up passage, and enabling various groups to settle. The community is split into several 'Duty Stations', each covering a different area of the zone - among those is the location I'm a part of, Starbase Horizon.

It's a fun environment, but recently we had several people leave for various reasons. We still have a decent core group, but we need more people.

If you'd like to try something a bit different than STO, come on by and have a look - see if it's right for you. :D
76561198160276582.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• grace58grace58 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it primarily text based? You write your own story kind of thing?
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    grace58 wrote: »
    Is it primarily text based? You write your own story kind of thing?

Pretty much - you make a post detailing an activity, sometimes throwing in tags for other people to respond to, and put it up. Someone else copies the post into their post, filling in the tags and adding new ones, and so on and so forth.

As for stories, the one in charge comes up with big plotlines, but individual members can get together with private emails to hash out subplots - romances and other activities. :)
    76561198160276582.png
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *walks in with Claptrap and a shopping cart full of guns*

Waaaait.....oh.

*hangs head solemnly*

C'mon, Claptrap. This is not what we thought it was....

*sadly shambles out of thread*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The title of this thread made me wonder what kind of Trek game we would get if Gearbox had the Star Trek license...
    edited January 2015
    I'm not letting this fall below page 1!!

Star Trek Borderlands is definitely a fun and rather friendly community - and there's something for everyone.

You have Starfleet, you have Klingons, you have Romulans, you have a Starfleet Splinter Group - heck, there's even a civilian 'Duty Station' that takes a Firefly approach to Trek!!

If you want to try something other than STO but remain in the Trek universe, come and give STBorderlands a try!! :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't time to join another RP group myself - barely got enough time/ingenuity for the ones I'm already in, at the moment - but I just wanted to say thank you very much for the tag idea. That might just make our play-by-forum RPs (on the STO Firefly Fleet website) run a whole lot better. Could you possibly post or PM some examples?
    edited February 2015
    wombat140 wrote: »
    I haven't time to join another RP group myself - barely got enough time/ingenuity for the ones I'm already in, at the moment - but I just wanted to say thank you very much for the tag idea. That might just make our play-by-forum RPs (on the STO Firefly Fleet website) run a whole lot better. Could you possibly post or PM some examples?

Here - Horizon's RPG Post Archive - you can take a look, see how it works. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've finally found time to pass this on to my fleet forum, going to see what they say. Thanks once again!
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The title of this thread made me wonder what kind of Trek game we would get if Gearbox had the Star Trek license...

Kinda like STO is now, but with more snarky dialogue and TRIBBLE jokes.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP