test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Here's some limited edition free stuff you can claim while our servers are at a crawl

herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Cryptic, next time you do a big event and intend to give away items to long-time players, maybe you can do it at a time when your game is actually playable?

The last few days, I've signed on, found the game unplayable due to lag, and logged off in frustration after doing a handful of things like refining Dil. I read the announcements about the new ships, the stuff about the secondary deflectors, etc., but I saw nothing about giveaways. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem because I'd just communicate with my fleet, but again, your servers were in such poor shape that it wasn't worth the frustration of playing.

You guys are, by far, the most unprofessional and absurd development team I've had the displeasure of dealing with since those Russian guys put that "The WarZ" zombie game on Steam. Your help system is abominable, you do everything possible to confuse players (the dozens of different types of currencies, the lack of any in-game notification when a special event is going on, etc), you toss in every type of money sink imaginable, and you seem to take your cues from awful mobile games.

And here was something to celebrate -- a five-year anniversary -- and you managed to make that ridiculous, frustrating and unfair. So instead of being happy with new content, give-aways and special events, I'm annoyed and considering taking another long break from the game. Good job.
Post edited by herachrist on

Comments

• Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have played since beta and only rarely I have seen connection issues with Cryptic. When you complain about capacity during special events you sound no different then demanding Disneyland clear a packed street during Christmas. Well I have had Verizon Fios and live in the same state as Cryptic so there's that.
  • Options
    inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have played since beta and only rarely I have seen connection issues with Cryptic. When you complain about capacity during special events you sound no different then demanding Disneyland clear a packed street during Christmas. Well I have had Verizon Fios and live in the same state as Cryptic so there's that.

Perhaps Cryptic should lease extra server space when they expect more people to be on and their current servers are unable to manage the load?
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's busy. No different than shopping during Christmas season and having to wait in line. Every company does what they can to plan for busy time. But predicting how much to prepare isn't an exact science.

I can't think of any kind of business that's ever fully prepared for a rush of customers. It's temporary, the crowds will die down. Just sort of like everything else in life. I don't know why people expect video games to be any different than any other thing in life we have to deal with.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another entitled rant thread... How many is that now?
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Another entitled rant thread... How many is that now?

Another useless comment about an entitled rant. How many is that now?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    those server lagg issues are really a bummer in STO...i regularely switch proxy servers, since ironicaly the EU servers are the worst for me, yet i live in europe. No proxy works most of the times and if it doesn't i switch to US proxy server.
    Sometimes i can't even logg in with the EU server selected.

also, try to keep away from ESD or the academy
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    Another useless comment about an entitled rant. How many is that now?

Another useless comment about another useless comment about an entitled rant. How many is that now?
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where are all these massive influx of players I keep hearing about? I mean, people were on but its not like people were everywhere. I went to ESD, Qonos, DS9, Delta Command and Drozana and it looked like there were less people than pre-patch.

Im not saying doom or anything, just saying Im not seeing the kinds of numbers that caused server issues in the last 5 years. People were tripping over themselves in season 7-8 and LoR. Looked like an overall slow day to me.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another useless comment about another useless comment about an entitled rant. How many is that now?

Cheers, saves me the trouble... Love the signature btw, quite apt atm...
    Where are all these massive influx of players I keep hearing about? I mean, people were on but its not like people were everywhere. I went to ESD, Qonos, DS9, Delta Command and Drozana and it looked like there were less people than pre-patch.

Im not saying doom or anything, just saying Im not seeing the kinds of numbers that caused server issues in the last 5 years. People were tripping over themselves in season 7-8 and LoR. Looked like an overall slow day to me.

You do know how there are multiple instances of every zone right? You only see a handful of the total true number of people, in any given zone, at any given time...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Another since your useless post.