test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is unironically nice. Thank you Cryptic

alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
Since I started playing this game I have had an enormous problem with clicking in STO. Clicking seemed to take a half a second to take hold, like I had to hold down the mouse button over something for the UI to acknowledge that I clicked. This was especially pronounced on sliders and check boxes (like for the filters in the doff system), but was really everywhere. This was an issue for me on 2 different computers, but I have no idea how universal it was since I just got used to it, used keyboard shortcuts as much as possible, and never complained about it.

And now I log in and the clicks happen like a normal computer application. It's like I'm saving a half a second for each click, which may not seem like a lot but it's every time I want to do something, holding down the mouse button as if the click had to travel around the world and back before I could see an acknowledgement of it, and if I didn't wait then I'd have to go back and click again. (Maybe that was an issue, since I'm in Europe....)

Heck I'm probably wasting several days worth of clicking time just writing this message, but I really do feel like I should point out the positive when I see it and this is an unmitigated positive.

I just hopes it lasts and isn't something weird happening tonight.
Post edited by alex284 on

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was seeing that too with clicks and it was very frustrating. It will be interesting to get out for a test drive tonight and see if there is any change.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok, I was wondering how many people experience this, since I've never read anything about it online but I had it on 2 computers so I know it's not just a weird computer. Are you in the US, gulberat?

And now there's a lot of server lag, but even then the improvement is noticeable.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I am in the US. I will be able to test later tonight once I get off work...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tonnbarttonnbart Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I noticed this too, playing feels awesome.
    Also my FPS is easily double to what I had before. :)

Thanks for the performance and responsiveness - sincerly.
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also noticed it for the "clikiness" it had been really horrible for about the past 2 weeks. It's fine now on my end. Must have been whatever they were working on and now that it's active it seems to have resolved itself. Hallelujah! I'm in the west coast... about 90 miles from Cryptic lol. Don't hate! :D:cool:
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Speaking of which, anyone else noticed the space boff powers are hovering out of the slots?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll have to check it out tonight. I only noticed an issue in the doff and fleet ui and moving powers in my trays. But if so, then definitely cheers to the devs for some behind the scenes performance improvements.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've had the problem too, especially in space battles, where I'd click on a power, and have to hold the button down (or click like a madman) to get it to activate.