• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh god, this is terrible. And perfect... :D
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You forget on the timeline :
    "January 2015 : most broken update ever"

I think this is quite the achievement.

What I find really telling is the fact you have MORE tac captain than the other 2 classes cumulated.
    For some reason, everytime I read Cryptic doing something for the sake of balance, I can't help but laugh.

Also, being reduced in counting created account (including banned and inactive ones) over number of active account, just like any asian f2p, is very sad. Meanwhile, successful MMOs are counting active player, and sometimes, peak players.

But yeah, at least I found the first queue that is not empty today : the login queue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nicely done! Got a laugh out of this.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    /facepalm

oye
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Oh god, this is terrible. And perfect... :D

OMG, your sig picture!! It's so f***ing BRILLIANT!!!
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very nice. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loved it.

/678910
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    421 playable ships**

**if you include slightly-different C-store 3-pack, standard, Mirror, Fleet, T5U-10, and T5U-11 variants of the exact same ship.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    /facepalm

oye

You facepalm all you want. Doesn't change that the "revised" infographic is far more truthful about the game.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So much better than the original...nice to see those "actual" fleet numbers :eek: Can't wait for the next milestone.:P
    DUwNP.gif

edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    You facepalm all you want. Doesn't change that the "revised" infographic is far more truthful about the game.

It's far more bitter, and that is the way you want it.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    421 playable starships. 14 of which are playable if you don't SPEND A DIME. That's a lot more truthful, I would say.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Enh... I'm pretty sure the demographic data is off too... I'm pretty sure there's a lot more Romulans than that....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2015

No, that's not the way I want it. I want it to be true. When there are such broken mechanics in the game there's no way it can be true. I mean, revemping how we train officers and then not allowing us to train certain abilities like TSS 3 and BO 3? Seriously?

Do one thing right rather than 10 things half-baked. Then we'll be happy.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sadly, it can be both.

I don't envy you, having to clean up the mess STO is becoming patch after patch. Do you have some powerful enemies at Cryptic ? Because it's like every announcement and patch is trying to make the perfect PR nightmare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    No, that's not the way I want it. I want it to be true. When there are such broken mechanics in the game there's no way it can be true. I mean, revemping how we train officers and then not allowing us to train certain abilities like TSS 3 and BO 3? Seriously?

Did you see Borticus' post about that? He gave a great explanation about it.
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *saluts to this well refined MMO memorial artwork*
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really liked the info graphic.
    Particularly the tribble line :)

Took me a while to get the babies one tho... congrats to all devs that refers to lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Gave me a good giggle.

Though I have to say, I do like the infographics which started last year. Interesting, though unsurprising, to see that 51% of characters are tactical.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited January 2015
    Did you see Borticus' post about that? He gave a great explanation about it.

Combine that with the minigame not working properly. Combine that with loadouts not working properly. Combine that with so many other things and you understand why I modified the infographic.

This game has the potential to awesome but it is let down by the incomplete nature of everything that's done. Were there only the occasional errors and gremlins in the system then I would be OK with something breaking now and then. If not being able to train abilities was a rare glitch then I'd be fine with that. When it's the latest in a long list then I fail to see how you think we would be anything other than annoyed.

This game needs stuff done right the first time, not after the 50th emergency patch. I think you'd find the player base would be fine with new features taking a little longer to come out if they worked perfectly the first time.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Bitter? Yes, but true? Most definitely yes! These stats on the original graphic are so full of fluff and sugar I'm pretty sure everyone who viewed it is diabetic now :rolleyes:

The graphic does show why science and engineering always are on the end of the devs to do list and is just more proof of how this game is only about DPS.

How about telling us the amount of those accounts that are still active? Or how many of those fleets are abandoned? But you could never tell us any of those statistics because they'll make you all look bad.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    Your "truth" is a fantasy. You can have it all you want.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • delaromadelaroma Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No - It's the way you've made it.
This discussion has been closed.