test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how do you train Transfer Shield Strength 3??

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
I'm betting they forgot to add it. It's not tied to captain skills and the PADD for it can't be bought as it isn't there. Anyone know anything about it?
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm betting they forgot to add it. It's not tied to captain skills and the PADD for it can't be bought as it isn't there. Anyone know anything about it?

It is one of those rare skills you could only train if you found it on a Bridge Officer.
    That feature is now gone.

But for what it's worth - I believe the Reman Bridge Officer from the Romulan Featured Episode ARc has the skill, and if you still have him, he should have magically regrown it in this patch (if you trained it away).

A real feature to train these rare skills (TSS3, Auxilliary to STructural Integrity Field III, and many more) is still in the works. (I don't know if that means: "We are actively working on it" or "We'll want to do it eventually, after some other things")
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    That was an ability that could only be acquired from certain BOFFs. They don't have any of them in-game yet with the new system.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You must have not been around recently. Here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1356861
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Boff Training - With the release of this new system we will no longer be supporting the old functionality of consuming a Boff to train another in an ability. If you have any Boff's you were saving for this purpose you should use them now before the system goes live. We will also no longer be supporting players being able to directly train Boffs for free in an ability. Going forward all Boff training will be consistent and require the use of Training Manuals.

Rare Boff Abilities - When the system is released it will retrain any Rare Boff Abilities that a Boff had to begin with (so if a player accidentally untrained a rare ability, they will get it back on that Boff). We are also planning on releasing those Rare Abilities as Training Manuals in the future but we have not determined the method on it yet.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21690631&postcount=30
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So the new training system went live when it wasn't complete?

I must say that doesn't shock me. Cryptic doing things in their special half-a$$ed way.

Way to go, Cryptic!!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I must say that doesn't shock me. Cryptic doing things in their special half-a$$ed way.

Way to go, Cryptic!!
    Reminds me of LoR. :D

It is, quite frankly, ridiculous though. They overhaul a system that is a significant part of the game, one that is related to pretty much every space encounter going, and it's only half baked. Wha?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited January 2015
    Ihave 17 toons. I have that many as I'm a ship collector. I have, and fly every ship that's released, including the C-Store ships and the lockbox/lobi/dreadnaughts. I suppose that makes me a whale.

Not any more.

All of these half-hatched ideas, the destruction of PvP, the ludicrous grind, no more. I'm not spending my money on this game until it's fixed. I'm not going to get the new lockbox ship. Knowing how Cryptic fixes the game, I suspect that that will mean I won't spend a dime more on this game. Not to worry. Elite:Dangerous will be out on Mac soon.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Way to go, Cryptic!!

Happy anniversary!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wow again the devs release a mostly completed piece of tech . #pickyourbattles indeed Mr Geko .
    how about instead of trying to do 5 things at once focus on one thing and get it to work 100%I have yet to see any new system added to the game that didn't need something added to complete it at some later date in the year .

the loadout system still unstable. , took what a yr to fully implement Secondary deflectors ? removing powers that you cant yet retrain/ buy/ make ? how much has been released this last yr that left something functional out to be added in later , just so you can make some internal deadline ?

this is another straw that hit the Eppoh's back . how long before the little guy collapses from the weight?
    edited January 2015
    quepan wrote: »
    wow again the devs release a mostly completed piece of tech . #pickyourbattles indeed Mr Geko .
    how about instead of trying to do 5 things at once focus on one thing and get it to work 100%I have yet to see any new system added to the game that didn't need something added to complete it at some later date in the year .

the loadout system still unstable. , took what a yr to fully implement Secondary deflectors ? removing powers that you cant yet retrain/ buy/ make ? how much has been released this last yr that left something functional out to be added in later , just so you can make some internal deadline ?

this is another straw that hit the Eppoh's back . how long before the little guy collapses from the weight?

Season 10 - "The year we make $hit work properly."
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Season 10 - "The year we make $hit work properly."
    That clinches it. No season 10 as it will be doubtful that Cryptic could accomplish this :P
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ihave 17 toons. I have that many as I'm a ship collector. I have, and fly every ship that's released, including the C-Store ships and the lockbox/lobi/dreadnaughts. I suppose that makes me a whale.

Not any more.

All of these half-hatched ideas, the destruction of PvP, the ludicrous grind, no more. I'm not spending my money on this game until it's fixed. I'm not going to get the new lockbox ship. Knowing how Cryptic fixes the game, I suspect that that will mean I won't spend a dime more on this game. Not to worry. Elite:Dangerous will be out on Mac soon.

But...but....its the aaaaaaanniversary! Best one ever!!!

Im right there with you and from what Im seeing in zone chat, we're not alone. Its one fu to the next to players since DR and this takes the cake. I pretty much expected today to go up in flames based on the last few months, Cryptic rep comments, etc.