test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jan 29th Patch notes discussion

mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
Feels like we should have one of those.

Anyway, it's not all bad.

For example, there is this little gem right here that, so far, seems to have gone unnoticed for some reason.
•The number of Research projects that can be slotted at any given time per R&D school has been increased from 1 to 3

So leveling an R&D School to 15 can now be done three times as fast. Now that is a change that i am very grateful for.
2bnb7apx.jpg
Post edited by mrspidey2 on

Comments

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got excited (well just a little) that the Belfast Interior is finally getting account bank access. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, remember the times when current R&D was new and that was considered a bug?
    I'm happy about this change but in all honesty it's coming way too late, should have been like that from the beginning.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, remember the times when current R&D was new and that was considered a bug?
    I'm happy about this change but in all honesty it's coming way too late, should have been like that from the beginning.

My feelings exactly. If they really wanted to help us and in turn make it so more people use their R&D system, they could have reduced the dilithium costs for both it and the upgrade system.

There are some other good things in there like the skill and spec point increase. Personally I don't think it's enough but it a step in the right direction and it's better than a nerf. But the nerf to the PvE queues aren't necessary if anything I think they should be return to what they were. X amount of marks, Y amount of dilithium, Random level appropriate item drop, 1 BP with the change of gaining up to an additional 4.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure if it's too late. I'm a textbook casual and, so far, I have only managed to get 4 Schools up to 15 on ONE character. Another one is still leveling science for tha trait. The rest is still at zero.
    Leveling R&D Schools casually (just the Research Project and without spending any dil) takes about 6 months(!!!). So seeing this reduced to two months is a huge improvement.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seems likely that the R&D tweak may be out there to help people get into crafting... or maybe alts... or maybe for the new F2pers that will play the game for a month or two while gambling on those shiny new T6 command lockboxes.

Finally some qeues are getiing buffs, particularly the ground missions while my full auto rifles that I've crafted and upgraded are now nerfed.... yay! *facepalm
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• silletosilleto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As someone who just recently hit 40, should I start worrying about R&D?
    I was watching alot of twitch streamers and it seemed like a huge deal to have created gear instead of NPC/or Quest gears.

But it seems like such a daunting task. D:
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

For example, there is this little gem right here that, so far, seems to have gone unnoticed for some reason.

So leveling an R&D School to 15 can now be done three times as fast. Now that is a change that i am very grateful for.

So if I understand this correctly, we'll be able to do research projects for the same school 3x faster - but at the expense of leveling another school, so overall time for leveling several schools doesn't change?

I'm glad they're allowing that..but I'm sad by the apparent [even further] PVE queue nurf.

We'll find out soon enough.
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At first I was happy when I saw the XP and R&D buffs.

But no, it wasn't to be. Along with XP buffs they upped the HP and shields of NPC's. I'm wondering if there's some mythical Ratio of XP to Damage done formula they're sticking to.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    purvee1 wrote: »
    At first I was happy when I saw the XP and R&D buffs.

But no, it wasn't to be. Along with XP buffs they upped the HP and shields of NPC's. I'm wondering if there's some mythical Ratio of XP to Damage done formula they're sticking to.

Your sig made me LOL

Blazing saddles is one of my all time favortie comedies LONG LIVE MEL BROOKS!!!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silleto wrote: »
    I was watching alot of twitch streamers and it seemed like a huge deal to have created gear instead of NPC/or Quest gears.

Today is a great time to get started. You can just slot 3 daily projects for each school and be done in about a month. To start I would pick 1 or 2 schools that you like the level 15 trait the best. Science is great for science/exotic damage. Beams and projectiles are good, too.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silleto wrote: »

I would, you can cut back on buying overpriced items off the exchange that way.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • silletosilleto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does it get expensive? I'm at level 2 science right meow and for some reason i'm only finding things that give 1 exp.

Yet i'm seeing people that have level 6+
    I'm like "HOW YOU DO DIS"

._.;

Also - since i'm on the subject of expensiveness. How's the PvE queues? Do people join them at all? I have a feeling my gear might suck, but I have no way of really knowing.

And I don't want to go unprepared/or be a cause of defeat for people.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The R&D changes are discussed in a separate thread. The changes do not really affect me, each of my alts concentrated on one school so I have all seven covered. I bet many people did that.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015

My thought as well. It's the same with those R&D Bonus Research Pools included in the new lockbox. Getting your schools up to lvl 15 was slow and tedious. Now that many of us actually have most of their schools at that level they decided to make it easier to get there. :rolleyes:

I'm still hoping for R&D sponsorship tokens to make your alts level up faster. Now THAT would be helpfull indeed.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is why i hate this patch.
    • The Cure Found:
    • Decreased IKS Kang’s HP and Damage in Advanced mode.
    • Decreased mark rewards for meeting Normal optional objective from 25 to 15.
    • Changed the normal optional objective to completing the queue in 4 minutes.
    • Changes the Advanced required objective to completing the queue in 9 minutes.
    • Updated optional information contact to reflect these changes.

• Crystalline Catastrophe:
    • Decreased base mark rewards on Normal from 40 to 30.
    • Decreased base mark rewards on Advanced from 70 to 60.
    • Increased fail mark rewards on Advanced from 5 to 10.
    • Decreased Advanced optional timer from 10.5 minutes to 5 minutes.
    • Decreased maximum allowed defeated players for Normal optional from 5 to 3.
    • Decreased maximum allowed defeated players for Advanced required from 5 to 3.

• Colony Invasion: No longer gives rewards for mandatory mission objectives.

• Fleet Alert:
    • Decreased mark rewards earned from waves 1 and 2 from 10 to 5.
    • Decreased mark rewards earned from wave 5 from 18 to 15.

• No Win Scenario is no longer available.
    edited January 2015
    This is why i hate this patch.

NWS is probably being reworked like other fleet actions before. It will return, I'm almost certain of it.
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What the hell is with the heavy nerf bat?
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    szim wrote: »
    NWS is probably being reworked like other fleet actions before. It will return, I'm almost certain of it.

Then where is revamped Terradome?
    edited January 2015
    My thought as well. It's the same with those R&D Bonus Research Pools included in the new lockbox. Getting your schools up to lvl 15 was slow and tedious. Now that many of us actually have most of their schools at that level they decided to make it easier to get there. :rolleyes:

I'm still hoping for R&D sponsorship tokens to make your alts level up faster. Now THAT would be helpfull indeed.

leveling alts faster? Why, just for the level 15 trait?
    edited January 2015
    leveling alts faster? Why, just for the level 15 trait?

Yes. Why not? Many of the traits you get at lvl15 are very good.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's just the old insert Hitler to an argument to win (or lose depending on ones viewpoint).

TBH I don't really think WW2 should be the topic however :D

The patch is pretty intriguing, there are a lot of odd decisions thrown into a melting pot of more Bug Hunt runs. Though seeing as I was picking up Fleet Marks not Delta I didn't even notice the lack of rewards.

I hope the Spawnmother does get a boost as it's the two pre-chamber fights that are currently the hardest. Spawnmother goes down before the first charge is placed.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    [release notes jan 29th]

Secondary deflector slots have been added to all science ships.
    The following Science ships now come with a Secondary Deflector slot:

so, which is it, all science ships or the ones in the list ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs

edited January 2015
    Yes. Why not? Many of the traits you get at lvl15 are very good.

There are so many traits, and they are more available all the time that I just don't see it as a big deal.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015

300 days of grind per school reduced to 100, priceless.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    300 days of grind per school reduced to 100, priceless.

I thought 20 was the year long grind and 15 was *only* three months?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Comes off like an apologist post. :P
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is some simple questions....

Why in hell does the devs think that the way we had trained our BOFFs needed revamping? Was it because there wasn't enough dil sinks in the game already? Or is it because they want to make sure to attach a dil tax to everything we do in game now?

At the rate it's going, the devs will probably think it's a good idea to attach a dil price for every time we use a boff ability in combat.

Soon, it'll be that we have to have x amount of dil before accepting a certain mission or it will be impossible to complete.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been doing the R&D daily most days (when I do my daily doffing), and I think that I've got all schools above 12 on all 4 of my characters, and most have 1-2 schools at 17. This'll make it a lot easier to get a couple of schools to 20 (for the crits).
  • bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug Hunt:

Normal rewards have been increased by 25%
    Advanced rewards have been increased by 50%.
    Elite rewards have been increased by 75%.

ancient power cells here i come
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs