test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO XP By the Numbers

grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
So today I wanted to know what's the best difficulty level to increase Specialization Points quickly while playing solo. I used the Nular System to test this. This has nothing to do with STF difficulty, this is simply while playing Episodes, Patrols, and Foundery solo.

Basically, all I did was the first part of the Nular System patrol mission where you have to disable a Vaadwaur Assault Cruiser (no XP for this) and then defeat 4 Vaadwaur Scout/Attack Vessels that warp in afterwards. During this mission you have the Romulan intelligence ship helping you out but I don't think their damage contributes much. Here is the following data I gathered.

SORRY THE TABLE DOESN'T SHOW UP WELL HERE. HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST ON OUR FLEET FORUMS: http://www.libertytaskforce.com/forum/m/13290647/viewthread/19031446-sto-xp-by-numbers/post/last#last

Difficulty Level Vaadwaur Assault Cruiser HP Vaadwaur Scout/Attack Vessel HP XP First Run Time First Run XP Second Run Time Taken Second Run
Elite 1,052,943 404,978 410 9 Minutes 412 10 Minutes
Advanced 295,280 113,564 266 3 Minutes 265 3 Minutes
Normal 134,218 51,622 208 3 Minutes 207 3 Minutes

I played this using my T5-U Science Odyssey. All my consoles are Mk XIV Epic while everything else is either Mk XIV Ultra Rare or Very Rare. My average DPS while playing Infected Advanced is usually around 10,000-12,000 DPS; so for a tank based around resistance and healing not too bad but I'm in no way a DPSer.

My conclusion, if you are an average DPSer playing solo at times I would recommend playing the game in Advanced Difficulty. If you group up in a team then Elite might be better as the run can go just as fast. As far as loot, honestly, I haven't seen much difference between Advanced and Elite modes, the drops are nearly the same.
Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
Fleet Leader of:
Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
Liberty Guardians
U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
Post edited by grayfoxjames on

Comments

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seuloup wrote: »
    Why I can not post my topic? Who can help me.

I don't know... there's a box on the bottom of the screen that tells you your permissions.

OP: I am a huge fan of Advanced. As I primarily play solo I have found I can still level relatively quickly in Advanced from character creation.

Elite isn't really that important unless you are with agroup of high DPSers or want the epeen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2015

My conclusion, if you are an average DPSer playing solo at times I would recommend playing the game in Advanced Difficulty. If you group up in a team then Elite might be better as the run can go just as fast. As far as loot, honestly, I haven't seen much difference between Advanced and Elite modes, the drops are nearly the same.

I figured as much, just never had the numbers like that. Thanks for that. On loot, yeah, loot drops are pathetic on all difficulties.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrybobh wrote: »
    I figured as much, just never had the numbers like that. Thanks for that. On loot, yeah, loot drops are pathetic on all difficulties.

That reminds me of the first time the STF's were revamped. Loot drops were almost nil. It took a few months, but at least it was fixed. Me? I'm peeved they thought doubling the amount of trash npc's and increasing their HP equalled more fun. -.-
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D