test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Increase XP/Spec gain from PVP public queues by 500%

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
This one's for the devs to glance at and ignore like they usually do, but since Taco got down on his knees begging that if only we would actually make a thread telling the devs what we want rather than just mocking them for their incompetence, they might be able to actually do things... here it is.

Make all level 60+ public queues (maybe not shuttle) reward 500% in XP and Spec points. DO NOT apply that increase to:

The Wrapper missions.
Private queues.
Players who take their shields off/AFK. If someone does 0 damage/healing in a match (or under say, 5000), they shouldn't qualify for rewards at all since they're clearly afking.

This gives pvpers something to work towards, makes pvp actually rewarding for players who put effort into it, lets players advance their characters while doing what they enjoy doing, and neatly cuts off most of the possible avenues of abuse, since it isn't really possible to game the public queue easily.

I know the devs aren't going to pay any attention to this or anything else we post, and that all Taco's comments really just amount to the devs drinking their own kool-aid rather than a genuine desire to actually do anything, but I figured I'd make the token attempt.

But seriously if you do this you just might save the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hmm... just like mark to choose packs would make sense as one fights almost every ships from possible enemies lol.
    guess i had that in my sig for more than a year ("plz add marks-to-choose-packs and afk/leaver penalty to pvp public q's").

though it's mean to give u hope on that: gl ;)...
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    This one's for the devs to glance at and ignore like they usually do

so sad. so true.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    DO NOT apply that increase to:

Private queues.

wat.

/10 char
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good ideas it would probably bring in some of the heroes who grace this game
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    so sad. so true.

They ignore bug reports, and PvP falls down dead last in the list of things to pay attention to.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They ignore bug reports, and PvP falls down dead last in the list of things to pay attention to.

T5U PvP is all I care about PvP lately, done with the queues. I have no desire to do patrols or PvE, too full of them.

Actually, since I've downloaded War Thunder, my mouse hovers on WT launcher. Just pressing the battle button and rock with what I have directly. And man the massive realistic battles players can take part in (which are reconstructions of real historical events) are nuts. I've played IL 2 Sturmovik for a long time, War Thunder felt just so right. If you get shot down there, you always know how.

Airplane mechanics are awesome as well, you can get out of a bad situation if you know how to trick your opponents. Best moment was when I went through a 2v1, killed all of them before a fuel leak turned off my propeller forcing to a crash landing. I didn't care about going down, it was fun.

"fun". An unknown word in PvP here. They have starships, which I guess are way more complicated than a WWII airplane, thus giving a lot of options for expanding. No they won't; hard truth is that in War Thunder bullet damage can either be one shots if your pilot is killed, or debilitating in destroying flaps, wing controls, tail section, propeller, engine, fuel leaks, fires that in a while are going to devour your plane.

In here you need neutronic to get a straight kill.

They had the time to design entire new starships, entire new bridge officer abilities, missions, specializations, be extremely careful with XP "lolbalancing", but ships in here still have three stages of graphical damage (75/50/25%), where hull breaches are just mirrored, low res squares.

To a degree I don't want STO to fail, but if it does, a new Star Trek game would soon rise. In 1984 book you can identify some at Cryptic like the Big Brother; they make you think what they need you to think. Problem is that even a small shrug from the playerbase would be a heavy hit. How can they be so blind to not see the damages they're doing? why more PvE?

if they cared to revisit PvP, there would be unlimited repeatable content.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if they cared to revisit PvP, there would be unlimited repeatable content.

If you hang out in some of the various dev threads out there, it becomes quite apparent why some folks will never PvP and why even PvE itself is in such a sorry state.

They want 0% chance of failure/losing and find the most fun in lobbing the newest/best thermonuclear grenade into a barrel of goldfish as possible. It's what they find fun. Nobody can tell them that's not what fun is, cause that's what's fun for them. But it does mean they're not going to PvP because it having some kind of challenge, the potential of failure, targets not grabbing their ankles, and all the rest...it's just not their thing. Same goes for why there won't be any challenging PvE in the game. Hell, that's counting all the folks that want to play this like a single player game in a persistent online world. And Cryptic talking about catering to them even more...meh.

It's nauseating, cause could you imagine if they were the captains for any of the shows/movies? It's not a game for Star Trek fans, it's a breeding ground for sociopaths and psychopaths...
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2015
    Suggestion :

Delete PvE.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    They want 0% chance of failure/losing and find the most fun in lobbing the newest/best thermonuclear grenade into a barrel of goldfish as possible

Yup, there is more than enough extra things to add to a ship build that people can pretty much breeze through the PvE content of this game.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    The reason to avoid it being on the wrapper missions/private queues is because people have bots to bot private queues. Make a 10v10 private game, populate it with bots. One side removes their shields, respawns constantly, the other side has one guy who blows through the enemy ships until the kill counter hits, repeat, make an arseload of XP/spec points/dilithium/whatever.

That's the reason the old dil on PVP got removed is because dipheads on reddit were abusing it for unlimited dil.

So any suggestion to improve rewards from PVP should be limited so that people running eighty bots can't farm unlimited dil in private matches. It has nothing to do with discouraging people from actually playing in private matches and everything to make it so that real players can take advantage of it, but afk/botters can't.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Suggestion :

Delete PvE.

^^^^ I support this :P
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    people farmed pvp for resources before, this would just make pvp the new exp farm.

I'd forgotten that people still cared about PvP, and mistakenly read the title as PvE public queues. Making PvE queues 500% more xp rewarding I think is a suggestion that would help a lot more people out.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tying Choice of Marks Boxes to the Public Queues, as well as XP increases would make it more enticing.

There was a time long, long, in a STO far, far away, that you could PVP all day and not gimp your progression. Putting Marks and better XPs I think would help that.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    abanator0abanator0 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is silly, out right silly. You think the devs are going to make this kind of change? We're talking about STO here! This game allowed botting to take over! The cancer of this game is literally the botting.

In my opinion, their lack of initiative on preventing botting literally made the grind untenable for those that do not use bots to level their stuff. The more botting there was/is the easier the grind was for that minority of a community we're just not going name in this thread. However, the majority of the player base in PVP pulled the plug on their own endeavours in this game simply because they could not keep up with the bot. Hence the effect it's had on the PVP community.

I'm not saying there isn't much botting in the PVE community, there's a lot, but not at the level it matters so much to compete. Not to mention the various types of automation were engneered by a certain PVPer, who we're just not goimg to name here either. Thus, the PVE'ers subscribed to the use of bots to keep up with the grind. The more the grind was easily attained by the PVE community, the more enticing it was for the devs to raise the grind even more at the frequent rate we've seen ever since botting became a popular concern.

Eitherway, this game makes money off the grind. It does not rely on PVP as it's bread and butter, it has the PVP community to thank for destroying itself and developing the botting software. In simple terms, the uncontrollable power creep exists because the botting made it easy. The easier it is to entice other players to get the latest and best gear, the more reason there will be a grind compounded onto another grind and more money for PWE whenever there's a new grind.

For example Bob uses a bot to get his stuff and is a pve'er, John, Sam, and Mike who aren't a botters see his gear and up wanting it, but only difference is they end up paying for it. A few seasons go by Sam and John quit the game because they can't keep up, but Mike becomes a botter too and then Trish and Dave start the game and envy them and also buy into the PVE trap. This vicious circle is what keeps this game going, but slowly erodes it as we've seen it first hand in the PVP community. Either way guys, this is the way I see it.
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Suggestion :

Delete PvE.

Replace pve with sto. Then browse forums while on the ****ter at work so you can get paid to laugh at the poor souls who havent figured out how to uninstall yet.
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Suggestion :

Delete PvE.

that's just copying my idea mate, i said that long ago haha ^^ :D
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977