test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overcharged Plasma Sniper Rifle

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
edited February 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
This isn't strictly a bug, but it would be nice if this gun was given the same model as the Romulan Disruptor Split Beam Rifle from Frozen, it's clearly a Romulan weapon, not just a generic plasma weapon, your character most likely picks it up in the basement as you are blowing up the weapons, so it would make more sense looking like a Romulan weapon rather than the standard watergun plasma weapons.

failing that, the republic plasma models would look good.

On a similar note, it would be nice to get the Hirogen Tetryon Blast Rifle, from 'Alpha', to use the Hirogen gun model from the lockboxes.
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't really expect either of these to happen, but I'd be grateful if they did. :)
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This would indeed be a nice change. Some of the weapons look so generic, I have to read the ToolTip to find out what I am shooting bugs with today. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    After a quick look through the unique mission rewards, it appears that these two guns are the only ones that don't use a unique or canon skin.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited January 2015
    It's a shame this wasn't done before going live, I suppose it's unlikely to ever happen now, until the next time the Rom missions get a revamp :(.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    This isn't strictly a bug, but it would be nice if this gun was given the same model as the Romulan Disruptor Split Beam Rifle from Frozen, it's clearly a Romulan weapon, not just a generic plasma weapon, your character most likely picks it up in the basement as you are blowing up the weapons, so it would make more sense looking like a Romulan weapon rather than the standard watergun plasma weapons.

failing that, the republic plasma models would look good.

On a similar note, it would be nice to get the Hirogen Tetryon Blast Rifle, from 'Alpha', to use the Hirogen gun model from the lockboxes.

While i like the aesthetics of the romulan disruptor split beam rifle from frozen, i think the model is too short for a sniper rifle. It simply would not look right.

I also happen to like the aesthetics of the Hirogen Tetryon Blast Rifle, from 'Alpha' and would hate to see those replaced.

An upgrade option for the Hirogen Tetryon Blast Rifle i would like and support.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    While i like the aesthetics of the romulan disruptor split beam rifle from frozen, i think the model is too short for a sniper rifle. It simply would not look right.

Well you could create a new model for it but that would take too much resources for such a small problem, the main issue is that the generic Plasma Sniper model is bloody awful.

#TASforSTO