test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not even PvE!

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
That image had nothing to do with the Anniversary Mission, a Foundry Mission, the new Foundry Feature, or any missions what so ever :) Not even PvE!

It does have to do with a certain REDACTED that is coming next Monday the 26th in it's own posts and threads, so keep your eyes peeled on how you can solve this Borg/DS9 mystery!

~CaptainSmirk

C'mon, somebody has to start the speculation leading up to the disappointment that with this not even being PvE...it must be PvP related!

edit: In case it is not clear, that's not a hope inspiring message...it's a don't get your hopes up. This was the post with the image in question: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9061053-star-trek-online
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/aHCNNmQ.jpg

Not going to make speculations... It always ends badly for us. lol
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That, Sir, was truly inspired. Bravo! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That, Sir, was truly inspired. Bravo! :D

Eheheh thanks :D

Writing those pics down as they go through my mind. My iPhone's library getting submerged by them lol.

They fit everywhere. lol
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    ...something...

Meh, can't we complain without personal attacks like that?
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/AzPPMe9.jpg

No really, come playing War Thunder with us; we have Spitfires, and bullets, and rams, and air collisions, rockets, bombs, cookies, more air collisions, cookies, broken wings, burning engines, cookies.
    nandospc wrote: »
    Meh... pvp, why not... no, even the hope is dead :rolleyes:

:eek: http://i.imgur.com/8GM7kHB.jpg
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone else think that this whole "REDACTED" talk from Cryptic is childish?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mancom wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that this whole "REDACTED" talk from Cryptic is childish?

refer to my first post for answer.

ultimately yes, I do.
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...it must be PvP related!

pvp lol?... more chances to be related to dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams on their heads :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    pvp lol?... more chances to be related to dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams on their heads :D

But...even that's PvE!

See? If you eliminate everything that's PvE related...well...
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's probably just a GUI overhaul. They wanted to do this for some time now.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is just a story mission, no combat, so no PVE.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Not a personal attack.

Also, he barely visits the pvp forums. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=116968181

Just cause he doesn't post doesn't mean he doesn't read. Doesn't mean he doesn't have spies!

And I didn't want my jovial thread to get slammed by moderation. :(

But it is good to know that...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9061053-star-trek-online

...has nothing to do with PvE.

It's...it's...PvP Monster Play!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Just cause he doesn't post doesn't mean he doesn't read. Doesn't mean he doesn't have spies!

And I didn't want my jovial thread to get slammed by moderation. :(

But it is good to know that...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9061053-star-trek-online

...has nothing to do with PvE.

It's...it's...PvP Monster Play!

Learn to read: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1334391

Beside, if for a miracle they add a new PVP system or map (or anything), the PVP is unplayable now, so what ever..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ds9 kerrat?! i doubt that lulz!... probably just a video sequence to tell a tale :D...

"sending strikeforce, fighting borg".... naaaah... don't hold ur breath. pvp did and it's so fricking dead by now, i don't want virus to get blue and cold :(.

even if it was pvp-related in any way i really doubt it will bring balance, so yeah: dead, obviously. and so is hope for pvp.
  • Options
    tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe the Dev team will play as Borg cubes, and the players have to defeat them? That's the only non-PvE-related scenario I can think of. :o Hmm...
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    even if it was pvp-related in any way i really doubt it will bring balance, so yeah: dead, obviously. and so is hope for pvp.

Agree.. so my advice to virus is to stop giving people hope where it is none.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tick0 wrote: »
    Maybe the Dev team will play as Borg cubes, and the players have to defeat them? That's the only non-PvE-related scenario I can think of. :o Hmm...

i would laugh so hard if that will be the case, but it doesn't seem unlikely if i think about.

on the other hand there was something stated like "more threads" and so on, so it more sound like a bit more than a single event ^^.

and we all know that that more can't be about pvp :D:(!

.....and even if they'll give us the joy to pwn em, all the balance issues still persists. they would be faced by an armada of vaper faehts and uber-intel-party-generation scryers lol. no fun for anyone involved would be my bet :D...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    Learn to read...

...try to comprehend what's not being said with the combination of Smirk's post and what the blog says. It's not difficult. Obvious PvE blog post. Smirk saying it's not about PvE.
    Agree.. so my advice to virus is to stop giving people hope where it is none.

By the way...
    Learn to read...
    C'mon, somebody has to start the speculation leading up to the disappointment that with this not even being PvE...it must be PvP related!

Speculation leading up to the disappointment...does not sound like giving folks hope, eh? Sounds more like don't get your hopes up.

/thebiggestoffacepalms
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ...got a feeling that no matter how many times I quote you saying it, that you never will. Cause it's pretty evident by the majority of your posts...that you can't.

You mad bro? LOL u mad

But dont be mad with me, is the devs (that you love) the ones that keep let you down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You mad bro? LOL u mad

But dont be mad with me, is the devs (that you love) the ones that keep let you down.

When I tell the devs they've done or said something stupid, it does not mean I love you...
    ...so when I tell you that you've done or said something stupid, why do you think it means I love the devs?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    i have to admit: on my quick read i got it the false way first!.... sry, i'm german :eek::D:cool:!
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't understand why we're not allowed to talk about REDACTED. It's not that big of a secret.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    skurf wrote: »
    I don't understand why we're not allowed to talk about REDACTED. It's not that big of a secret.

well then: plz share the wisdom and enlighten us ;):D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    i have to admit: on my quick read i got it the false way first!.... sry, i'm german :eek::D:cool:!

You know, that is a consideration. Something I wondered about in another thread. While some of the guys in IC used to joke about some of the things Google Translate would spit out going from English to German or Turkish or going from German or Turkish to English; it's something I forget about at times with the forums.

No, it wasn't my intent to give any false hope there...hence the speculation leading to disappointment. Then it was just joking about things from there. However, that joking could appear to be one thing if the initial part was taken differently. Though, c'mon...Monster Play PvP? Heh, lol...

But yeah, it was about Smirk saying that the image wasn't about PvE...when that blog, to me, obviously read as PvE. But if something is not PvE, well then it is PvP...and...yeah, that speculation can only lead to disappointment.

I'll go ahead and update the OP with that.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You know, that is a consideration. Something I wondered about in another thread. While some of the guys in IC used to joke about some of the things Google Translate would spit out going from English to German or Turkish or going from German or Turkish to English; it's something I forget about at times with the forums.

No, it wasn't my intent to give any false hope there...hence the speculation leading to disappointment. Then it was just joking about things from there. However, that joking could appear to be one thing if the initial part was taken differently. Though, c'mon...Monster Play PvP? Heh, lol...

But yeah, it was about Smirk saying that the image wasn't about PvE...when that blog, to me, obviously read as PvE. But if something is not PvE, well then it is PvP...and...yeah, that speculation can only lead to disappointment.

I'll go ahead and update the OP with that.

it's fine for me, i didn't take it seriously. i think i'm too familiar with ya posts that i could really got the impression.
    my comments came out of my stomach, that's one of my numerous characteristicals (was that correct now?! :D;)).
    i don't use the translator as i imagine myself being able to speak english lol :D...

yeah, monster play sounds good. finally get rid off the ip's borders and get gremlins into ground-pew and some decent black-holed-sharks for space: no-water-after-midnight-treknadonline ahoi :D...