test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boff Dissapearing easy fix.

synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
I don't know why this bug has suddenly affected, like all my toons. I can play switch maps a few times, then Suddenly Que up a PUG ISA and BAM. Everyone has abandoned their post.

So to avoid any more frustration with it. I have now Renamed my Officers:
Station 1
Station 2
Station 3
Station 4
Station 5

Yep, they now don't have Identity because this bug is very frustrating when you run a few toons, and Worse on any toon where you have a TRIBBLE load of Boffs.

or Station 1 Eclipse, Station 2 Eclipse, etc. If that toon likes to switch between ships.

Simply to make it as fast as possible to Put them back on the ship so the Team isn't down a man thats just sitting there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by synthiasuicide on

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know why this bug has suddenly affected, like all my toons. I can play switch maps a few times, then Suddenly Que up a PUG ISA and BAM. Everyone has abandoned their post.

Station 1
    Station 2
    Station 3
    Station 4
    Station 5

Yep, they now don't have Identity because this bug is very frustrating when you run a few toons, and Worse on any toon where you have a TRIBBLE load of Boffs.

or Station 1 Eclipse, Station 2 Eclipse, etc. If that toon likes to switch between ships.

Simply to make it as fast as possible to Put them back on the ship so the Team isn't down a man thats just sitting there.

Uhm OP?.....if tovan khev were to ..lets say dissapear ...one it would be an "ACCIDENT"...and the second ...no one would want to know how to get him back.

now for the other boffs?...knock yourself out :D
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a bunch of Boffs, buit I don't have any problem remembering who goes where. Though I want that bug fixed. I went into a system patrol and my engineering boff was unseated and she had my reverse shield polarity which I use to counteract Vaudwaar torps.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've employed this trick for years, naming my boffs like 1-watever name, 2-watever, 3-watever.

Funny thing is tho its actually been a long long time since I've had this problem at all, until recently for some weird reason, now its happening to me a LOT lately.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Station 1
    Station 2
    Station 3
    Station 4
    Station 5

It's interesting that the same thing has been happening to me the last day or so: suddenly all my stations are repeatedly empty, and, apparently, not saved as part of the loadout (as restoring the loadout has no effect)

As for your idea, I'm sure it helps. Not gonna do it, though. Every week Cryptic solemnly promises us the loadouts are really fixed now: it's high time they actually do it, and not rely on ppl using tricks like yours to let them get away with not fixing the loadouts.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yer loadouts are still broken - last patch made things alot worse and toons that have had no problem for months are now doign the empty station disco with annoying regularity.

Also to OP.

Your thread title is misleading. This isn't a fix at all. It's just a way to make it easier to reslot ur boffs when they go missing.

I am reporting you to the Advertising Standards Agency...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You could put the number in front of their normal name so they could still have an identity if you want.

As in:
    1 Alice
    2 Bob
    and so on...
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Been having issues as well... and it seems to be at random. I can do a couple missions then suddenly the next one I end up in my boffs are gone. What's really awesome is that when I try to use the saved load out to restore them nothing happens.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, the problem is they fix the issue then several patches later it'll suddenly reappear. I'm just tired of letting it annoy me.

Naming them this way means it doesn't matter whether they do anymore. i give up. if my boffs are gone its quick to select them up without thinking about it.
    Run 3 main toons, 1 I'm trying to get up to status to be a 4th main. And 2 alts.
    Thats too many to go....Wait, what Engie boff do I use on my Monbosh? While the rest of the team is already fighting the enemy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    easy fix is have a loudout saved

press U if and click on a random station but select nothing

then loadout shoud will load right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I suspect it's related to the new stationing system on Tribble. You're able to save boffs into stations and change their known seat powers on the fly.
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have also been getting a lot more of the "Boffs abandon ship" happening past week or two.

Used to be when I selected my previously saved loadout, 2-3 of the BOffs would load, rest would stay empty.

As mentioned earlier in this thread (and I ran across it before that in another thread), if you click on an empty station as if you were going to select a BOff, then pop over and Click your loadout, you should get all BOffs loaded.

Yeah, it's weird... and that sort of interaction should point the devs right to the code that is buggered, but oh well.

It still occasionally says "Not all items from loadout could be equipped" (typically leaving a device or batteries unequipped and in my Inventory), and once it still didn't load all the BOffs, but it has mostly been working.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I suspect it's related to the new stationing system on Tribble. You're able to save boffs into stations and change their known seat powers on the fly.

They could'a left the changes on Tribble then 'til the bugs were worked out. Isn't that what Tribble is for? But there I go thinking again... I forgot about the patch to bugged record of Cryptic.