test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secondary Deflectors

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains! Science Vessels will soon be featuring the latest and greatest in Secondary Deflectors!

Learn more about it in our latest Anniversary blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Inhibiting Secondary Deflector only ones worth getting since this game is DPS DPS DPS
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Woohoooooo!!
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is the "drop up to Mk XII" actually accurate? I feel like I see Mk XIII stuff drop in elite maps at least and I'd think it ought to apply to these as well. The upgrade system is hard enough on my dilithium as it is without having to go an extra step.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Almost a year after the Dyson ships were introduced, but they are finally here. And I'm not flying any ship that gets one, boo. :D
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Q: Will my existing science ship automatically receive a Secondary Deflector?
    A: No. However, any newly claimed Science ships will receive a Secondary Deflector. Alternatively, you can purchase a common Secondary Deflector from any energy credit starship equipment vendor.

Wow thats not cool what about the ships that we have already means we have to spend EC on each one to get that slot and IIRC the dauntless class vessel does not have one so it means I have to spend EC on a ship that I spent quite a bit on to get a secondary slot very uncool.

Also will the Inhibitive secondary deflector affect the borg tractor beam at all. I don't think it will but my decision on which deflector I will get
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    Wow thats not cool what about the ships that we have already means we have to spend EC on each one to get that slot and IIRC the dauntless class vessel does not have one so it means I have to spend EC on a ship that I spent quite a bit on to get a secondary slot very uncool.

The way I read the post, we'll still get the slots on our existing ships; we just won't actually get free items to fill those slots. Which is fine, honestly, since the free default would likely just be a white Mk X that we'd replace anyway.

ETA: Also, yes, the Dauntless class does have a secondary deflector slot.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you, Cryptic, for finally releasing the secondary deflectors, such as the blog discusses. I'm looking forward to trying them!
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you, you lovely brilliant developers.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Inhibiting Secondary Deflector only ones worth getting since this game is DPS DPS DPS

Bah, I'll be using the DSD's defector on my Voth Palisade drain build. Nothing more satisfying than draining a target's shields while healing yours at the same time.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A: No. However, any newly claimed Science ships will receive a Secondary Deflector. Alternatively, you can purchase a common Secondary Deflector from any energy credit starship equipment vendor.

Also will the Inhibitive secondary deflector affect the borg tractor beam at all. I don't think it will but my decision on which deflector I will get

If it is zen store ship just dismiss and reacquire... cant do for that for lock box ships or lobi ships thou.

edit: just spend the ec to get a common version for those... not like your never gonna replace that freebie common one they give out. or use the dyson 2ndary deflector if you have the dyson.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay...it's been a looo-oooo-oong a long time coming.

Must've been a LOT of internal testing.

That was poorly worded. I play a sci officer on Tribble. You get the slot on your existing ships automatically. Some people have had issues with having to zone a couple of times to get it to appear, but you get the slot, just not a free Secondary Deflector. :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So my Nova Class Retrofit won't be able to get this secondary deflectors? Only newer SCI Vessels for 2015 ouch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Woohoooooo!!

Wasn't it Jonathan Archer who first said "can anyone remember when we were explorers?"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    coolheadal wrote: »
    So my Nova Class Retrofit won't be able to get this secondary deflectors? Only newer SCI Vessels for 2015 ouch!

Nova gets it.

It would've been truly asinine if the ship that they cited in the blog as having it in canon didn't receive the upgrade.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Doesn't that ship have sensor analysis and subsystem targeting? Then it will get the slot. ALL science ships except the light (t1) are getting it.

Also, yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015

nova is a sci vessel... has sensor analysis and subsystem targeting, so it'll get the new slot. just not the actual deflector... buy ec version or reclaim ship.
  • Options
    trop101xtrop101x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It isn't mentioned but will the ship look different? Cos I have a Nebula class - Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit (Tier 5), by default it only has the one deflector, will a secondary one appear visually once I get the slot and mod?
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    trop101x wrote: »
    It isn't mentioned but will the ship look different? Cos I have a Nebula class - Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit (Tier 5), by default it only has the one deflector, will a secondary one appear visually once I get the slot and mod?
    We won't get any visual additions, as a good portion of existing Science Vessels already have the 'visual' secondary deflectors. For the Nebula though, I'd imagine that its mission pod contains its secondary deflector.
  • Options
    trop101xtrop101x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    We won't get any visual additions, as a good portion of existing Science Vessels already have the 'visual' secondary deflectors. For the Nebula though, I'd imagine that its mission pod contains its secondary deflector.

Cool, thanks for the reply! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wasn't it Jonathan Archer who first said "can anyone remember when we were explorers?"

He did say something to that effect during the Xindi arc, yeah (I don't remember the exact wording). But Picard definitely said it in Insurrection, hence my quote :)

On-topic: yeah, I've just been on Tribble and have personally verified what captaind3 said: secondary deflector slots do get added automatically to all the science ships you have, though currently it may take zoning a couple of times for all of them to show up. I really hope they fix that. But yeah, no ship reclaiming is necessary :)
  • Options
    griceneilgriceneil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Awesome news! Well made up. Am Happy for Science!!!
  • Options
    gilrandir00gilrandir00 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good news. Is there any ETA for when this will hit Holodeck?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    trop101x wrote: »
    Actually the Galaxy and Nebula had small secondary deflectors on the under side of the Saucer section. But they're very small, they look like big windows.
    Good news. Is there any ETA for when this will hit Holodeck?

I think like with BOFF training it's gonna hit with the Anniversary.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is wonderful news. I have a low level Sci character and was hoping they would do a boost on them. To give them something to help on ship/ship combat.

Maybe time I started to invest some more time on that character.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So already owned science ships don't get a secondary deflector, and a new one must be obtained... would upgrading a fleet sci ship to T5U do the trick?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Well it's only taken a year, but at least they're coming at last. Looking forward to these for some of my sci ships.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you! Been looking forward to these for a long time.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cool stuff!! Looking forward to dusting off my Tier 2 Sci vessel and taking it out for a spin.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look forward, and the idea of the random drops is a nice addition.

Our science ships thank you:)
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    So already owned science ships don't get a secondary deflector, and a new one must be obtained... would upgrading a fleet sci ship to T5U do the trick?

You get the slot (without any upgrade), you just don't get an item to fill it for free - but the Common Deflectors are so cheap that they are practically free, and you can pick what you want. And you may want something better anyway.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.