test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier based pvp queues possible?

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Gameplay
I find rolling a new character for doing pvp at lower levels fun.

It might also be nice to have ship tier based queues for our leveled characters.

This would be a fun use of our older ships and gear, and allow a way to have fun competitive pvp without end game gear involved.

Shuttle pvp was a good attempt but also allows end game gear.
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    PVP updates aren't possible because of a litany of reasons, but mostly boil down to not having the funding.

Apparently the devs have actually forgotten how to make PVP maps, which is why they can't make more. PVP maps need special code and they can't just copy it over from the existing maps, so it's actually impossible for them to make new PVP maps without spending... I think it was six months as the figure cited to re-learn how to make PVP maps.

You kidding me?

And you want a tier system? It'd be great. I know how you could do it. I could submit a proposal on how they could do it.

But it'll never happen. It'd require new tech they don't have, and at least a hundred years of magic faerie dust snorting space whale mambo jamo who am I kidding they just don't care anymore and are making up excuses.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i cant wait for the cardi faction now. cause wile it is new, there should be a lot of low level pvp possible. thats basically the only thing im looking forward to with this game now, everything else is hopeless.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i cant wait for the cardi faction now. cause wile it is new, there should be a lot of low level pvp possible. thats basically the only thing im looking forward to with this game now, everything else is hopeless.

cardi faction?! did i miss something? :confused:
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    cardi faction?! did i miss something? :confused:

i would think its sorta inevitable
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i would think its sorta inevitable

hmm... indeed i have no clue. by now from experience i really not trust myself to predict anything regarding this companys' design-policy lol :D:(.

but if they'll add another faction cardies probably would make most sense. but i really would trust them to do a liberated borg faction lulz :(.