test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A.w.o.l.

nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
Four different times tonight on each of my three characters, the BOFF's went AWOL. The space DOFF's even joined the BOFF's on two of these occasions. Clicking the loadout I had just saved prior to joining the queue didn't fix it completely, but I was able to manage not dying in the CCA I had just warped into. The tray is almost always doing things it's not supposed to with at least one problematic power, which varies from toon to toon. I think the problem has gotten worse since the last maintenance.

Please fix this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Working as intended. It adds challenge to the game. :cool:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I too found my BOFFS mysteriously gone. I thought it was a fluke from adding new BOFFs into my duty roster, though I didn't change ships or the BOFF stationing. But I thnk my UI is rock solid!

Yep! WAI.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh come on, let's add in the random BoFF powers I gained the other day, which urgh didn't work...

When I switched to one of my alts (a Sci) I still had all my Tac abilities and my Tac ships layout (with all abilities) on a Scryer (went from a Rommie Warbird...). Was very odd, no abilities worked and all the gear on the ship was broken. That was an epic level of the bug :D
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    another loadout problem?
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am astonished that the loadout issue has returned.

/end sarcasm
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also having this problem. Seems every time I switch alts, all the Stations are empty. I fix it, works for a while, then suddenly it happens again.

Equipping new Boffs also causes a random intel one that came with the DR pack to temporarily vanish until game is restarted. The ship and other Boffs sometimes duplicate themselves while this happens. Clicking on all the Boffs resets the proper icon.

Besides that, keybinds no longer work properly at all, and other game-breaking bugs still persist. I mean, what do new players who first load a map only to see the stars shaking back and forth think of this game? What about those who spent hundreds of dollars on brand new dual-gpu setups only to find their FPS still unacceptable due to the UI bug that's been around since forever?

The two people I bought to the game earlier on quit playing because of mission-breaking bugs, boxed-in map layouts, and repetitive maps. I talk about the great aspects of the game to them, but they want nothing to do with it: and they are trekkies and mmo gamers too, and we generally have a great time gaming together otherwise.

[warning: a lot of off-topic frustration in the paragraphs ahead.]
    This should be posted in the bug reports forum. I also start to think of this continuous neglect to FIX BUGS as a sort of marketing test to see just how far consumers can be pushed before their metrics show declines. I mean, it's supposed to be an experiment in free-to-play, and no doubt PWE pulls the strings for profit alone, but the bugs are growing, broken features are still there, lack of game balance, etc. etc.

I've spend cash in this game, a lot more than I've spent for any other single game. To only see it declining so much as it has since when I first started playing, the feeling of being forced to buy dilithium (which I never have) just to put a stop to the hassle of UI slide-click-repeat every hour to no end, high upgrade prices, lack of more GAME CONTENT = maps, new characters, stories, places to explore with brand new 3D Visual Content, new sound-tracks that don't force you to mute music (unlike other games where the music enhances gameplay and adds to the atmosphere), bug fixes, broken abilities fixes, rewarding team play interaction, balance fixes, Player vs Player, Klingon & Romulan content, etc. etc....

End result is I no longer feel like upgrading anything beyond Mk XII purple (I never have, yet anyways) given the cost across characters only to have 1 ship 1 loadout and 1 toon shine only to have everything else feel so much weaker and not worth flying in comparison, or rather a punishment as opposed to a fun feature of ships I payed cash for in addition to grinding for months on end. I also no longer feel like spending it on ships and their special consoles or traits (or rather, lack thereof) that might be fun (ex. Ning'Tao, Mobius, B'rel, Scimitar, Refit Sovereign) since the Tier 6s and overall cost of everything across characters and ships.

The canyon-like power-gap between players is like no-chance constant mission-fail vs flying through it in no time. It doesn't feel like you can meaningfully contribute to a team dynamic given such huge discrepancies. The forums feel abandoned and voicing concerns may as well be a diary entry exercise in futility.

I stick with the game cause I still find creative ways to have fun, and enjoy the Star Trek Sci Fi Multiplayer Gaming -aspects with great graphics, minus the useless FPS and glaring bugs. It is fun having multiple characters, even with the limited selection ('Alien' option doesn't feel like true species so I don't use it): I mean, I'd like to have a Vorta, or Orion Rom or Fed with actual abilities and traits....

...you get the idea

/run-on frustration
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had this as well on 3 of 5 characters. All space boffs vanished. Not only that but all loadouts trashed. Had to rebuild the bridge officer stations and loadouts. Appears stable today.

I noticed a double warp in when entering a new system when the officers were erased. It looked to me like it was resetting or deleting itself.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had this also on my main character.

Hard to belive they cant fix this lodouts issue..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    to avoid these problems i dont use boffs at all :)
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it may be related to key binds.

I wasn't using keybinds at all 2 days ago but felt I had to learn in order to up the DPS because, you know- DPS, right? After reading keybinds were wonky in this thread, decided to unload them to avoid the awol bug until there's a fix. I'd rather deal with sub 10k dps for another week than going into STF's without a crew. Kinda ruins it for others on the team, and can fail those so-called optionals on advanced STF's. Today when I signed on, every single toon had thier boffs go awol again. Space doffs stayed in place this time, though.

This is one of those things that's kind of a game breaker, Cryptic. You need to get this corrected, once and for all!

:mad: