test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus experience is not giving bonus experience like it says.

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
There is content in the game that is not giving bonus experience. Some of this includes the Rep system projects, Doff missions, and the R&D missions. They are only giving the normal amount of experience, and not the bonus.

Tim.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    working as intended...

only level xp and skill points.

Mot R&D XP

Not Rep faction points

Also the bonus is already listed on the quest.

Like when they do dil bonus... instead of listing 480 dil reward the quest lists 720 dil reward.

all quests rewards have been updated during the bonus xp period...

also if you started a quest before today but your finishing during this promo, get the bonus xp. So if you start a quest during the period but do not complete or claim the reward till after the bonus period is over... the reward reverts to the normal xp.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    working as intended...

only level xp and skill points.

Mot R&D XP

Not Rep faction points

Also the bonus is already listed on the quest.

Like when they do dil bonus... instead of listing 480 dil reward the quest lists 720 dil reward.

all quests rewards have been updated during the bonus xp period...

also if you started a quest before today but your finishing during this promo, get the bonus xp. So if you start a quest during the period but do not complete or claim the reward till after the bonus period is over... the reward reverts to the normal xp.

"During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) Bonus above normal amounts – this bonus will be available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise."

Nowhere in there or the rest of the news release say that the boost is excluded in anything.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Agreed - it's poorly worded, but at NO TIME did I expect to see R&D bonuses.

You've read it wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    "During the event, content that provides skill points and expertise will reward a 100% (2x) Bonus above normal amounts – this bonus will be available for all content that rewards skill points and expertise."

Nowhere in there or the rest of the news release say that the boost is excluded in anything.

Yeah, they do word things a lot to sound better than they actually are. In sales it is called "Over promise, and under deliver."

And @tigeraries, I just got through posting in another thread that I wrote down the experience from Doff missions I started yesterday. Today, when I turned them in, it was the same experience they were giving yesterday. Also, I have run some of them before, and they gave the same experience as they did before.

I think that it is only going to give the bonus experience for Doff missions started during the event, and completed during it. Ones started before it might not get the bonus experience.

Though, the experience we are getting now is where it should be for regular gameplay. About 10 runs of Argula patrol is still a bit steep, but doable. However, a bonus experience event should give double what we are getting now.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Bonus XP is for skill points and Expertise. If you expect Doff system to give double wait for the CXP event, if you are expecting bonus xp for the R&D system wait for R&D event.

To the best of my knowledge there is no event that rewards bonus xp for rep systems as we have double xp tokens called sponsor tokens.

Do you read what your own DOFF missions give you when you pick them up and collect on completion?

CXP are Commendation XPs... Diplomacy, Science, Exploration, Development, etc.

The vast majority of DOFF missions reward Skillpoints (because that's what you get when you blow stuff up and complete instances and missions also, and those happen to get boosted on Bonus XP weekend) as well as Expertise.

And the event is supposed to increase them.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And the event is supposed to increase them.

And it does.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just do a simple medical doff mission... the 30 min one with a medical person and a patient... like cure burns.

take notes on skill points and expertise.

compare with after event.

it has gone up.

your not getting commendation... your not getting faction... your not getting R&D points.

your getting points that can actually be used to level a toon from 1 to 60 (and plus 50 for spec points).
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the past, experience from doffing missions that go towards toon-leveling was buffed. If it's not now, then it's a bug or clarification needs to be made.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It is buffing the experience for doff missions started during the event, and turned in during it. However, if you have doff missions queued up before the event, they don't give bonus experience.