test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Boffs

rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
Isn't it about time we had them? We can get TALAXIAN boffs, but no Cardassians? Sure we can make them from "Aliens" but c'mon, the Cardassians are pretty much the last remaining "big" race that has very little representation in game. Sure we can get a Galor and some doffs, but that's it. We can have Pakleds, and they were featured in one episode and after that were mostly in the background. I'm sure playable Cardassians are outside the realm of possibility in the near term, but there's no reason we can't have some boffs is there? Something to consider with the upcoming DS9 Borg stuff.
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Isn't it about time we had them? We can get TALAXIAN boffs, but no Cardassians? Sure we can make them from "Aliens" but c'mon, the Cardassians are pretty much the last remaining "big" race that has very little representation in game. Sure we can get a Galor and some doffs, but that's it. We can have Pakleds, and they were featured in one episode and after that were mostly in the background. I'm sure playable Cardassians are outside the realm of possibility in the near term, but there's no reason we can't have some boffs is there? Something to consider with the upcoming DS9 Borg stuff.

We need them to help counter the growing Bajoran threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »

I understand they have some experience in that regard.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's my understanding that there are programming impossibilities in creating a species change token, so I would ask what I hope are two much simpler things: a Cardassian armor costume unlock, and proper, flared neck ridges. The second will be harder due to potential clipping issues but I suppose one could restrict the appearance of the "proper" neck ridges to wearing compatible outfits.

(I have found, BTW, that it is possible to create an optical illusion of flared neck ridges with the "open collar" Dyson researcher coat...just a helpful hint to my fellow Cardassian fans. :) )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    It's my understanding that there are programming impossibilities in creating a species change token, so I would ask what I hope are two much simpler things: a Cardassian armor costume unlock, and proper, flared neck ridges.
    I would believe that your understanding to be incorrect. It's likely not impossible, but rather difficult, or just not desired in higher management.

Considering what changes have taken place as of late, I have a hard time believing that species change tokens isn't possible. They obviously are, if they desired to work on it as a priority, which they aren't.

Normally people would run in here and say just make a new character, but as a Alien/Cardassian, but with the recent level cap and the specialization skill points, no current gamer in their right mind would start a fresh character now. It's just not worth it, and the game (as it is) no longer truly supports multiple characters, not like it used to do.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    I believe they're saving the Cardassians for a future expansion. It's one of the reasons why we have not seen additional Cardassian lockbox ships.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, no way in hell would I start a new toon after I basically shelved all but two. And rerolling my Cardassian *main*...nope.

That said...I'm afraid I don't have time to search for it, but there was a dev post where they stated a species change was not possible.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I believe they're saving the Cardassians for a future expansion. It's one of the reasons why we have not seen additional Cardassian lockbox ships.
    I can't see this happening, not now. Why?

Well, they created the Romulan faction/fraction, and have left it to gather dust, and as I've already stated, for anyone to create a new character at this point in the game - they'd have to be mad. With all the specializations, rep projects, equipment and crating gear/upgrades. It'll be too much.

They should bite the bullet, realize they've probably messed up, revamp the Cardassian Lock Box (and some of the other early ones too) and get to work on that species change token all whilst adding Cardassian characters and Boffs to the C-Store.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Who would want a Cardassian Bridge officer? Can you imagine what would happen if you tried to replace them? Did DS9 teach you nothing?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »

Thank You!, finally someone sees it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah cardassians are no.1 for next faction ( if/when it happens ) and, on priority one capt smirk said this year our alts will get lots of love ( oh baby ).
    Lastly, the growing bajoran threat is very real..... be ready!
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Kai Winn is dead, and Kyra is running Terok Nor into the ground. Bajorans are taking care of themselves. I dunno what are you talking about lol....
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary