test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New STO Forums, by Iconians

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Ten Forward
I've said for a very long time that the STO forums have needed some improvements. After a period of about 15 minutes, I decided to create a better, more poorly thought-out version of the STO forums, translated into lay terms of the extremely cynical and jaded.

This is a parody, and should not be taken seriously. It's really just what the STO forums look like through the eyes of Iconians sometimes. (Iconians-Goggles?) It's also important to remember that I consider everybody free game.

No, I don't care if there are any typos or grammatical errors. I'm as imperfect as much as everyone else.

Part One.

Part Two.

Part Three.

Part Four.

Part Five.
ExtxpTp.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I absolutely love it. Is this the iind of "Do not attract our attention again" but then forumwise?
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As Poster of the Year, I award this six internets and a solid three-minute laughing fit (as of now, still ongoing and rapidly approaching five minutes).

Congratulations.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I've said for a very long time that the STO forums have needed some improvements. After a period of about 15 minutes, I decided to create a better, more poorly thought-out version of the STO forums, translated into lay terms of the extremely cynical and jaded.

This is a parody, and should not be taken seriously. It's really just what the STO forums look like through the eyes of Iconians sometimes. (Iconians-Goggles?) It's also important to remember that I consider everybody free game.

No, I don't care if there are any typos or grammatical errors. I'm as imperfect as much as everyone else.

Part One.

Part Two.

Part Three.

Part Four.

Part Five.

Ouch. That burn was so harsh I think you deorbited.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks pretty accurate to me!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nothing but home runs, great post :)
  • Options
    catriecatrie Member Posts: 0 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    LOL Love it!!!
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Part One.

Part Two.

Part Three.

Part Four.

Part Five.

Funniest Forum Post Of The Decade... 10 thumbs up.....:cool:
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bravo! I laughed so hard, I think I pulled something. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The funniest part was about Ten Forward...excellent job. Though, I do think you held back with Ten Forward - there's all sorts of things you could have said, but it being Ten Forward tends to say it already so it would have been redundant. So yes, excellent job there.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The funniest part was about Ten Forward...excellent job. Though, I do think you held back with Ten Forward - there's all sorts of things you could have said, but it being Ten Forward tends to say it already so it would have been redundant. So yes, excellent job there.

Ten Forward is so silly that yeah, there's nothing that could really be said.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »

Was it a burn towards retrograde, or towards the surface? You can recover from a retro grade burn if you burn prograde, towards the surface, however, you may not have the time.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ten Forward is so silly that yeah, there's nothing that could really be said.

It's a mistake I would have made and looked silly for it in the end.

But yeah, rage has swept the forums - not sure some folks even know what they're raging about - it's mass hysteria!

It's like comparing the typical zombie movie where everybody's gone mad to something like Cockney's vs. Zombies.

Careful though, cause it doesn't matter if you complain about 9001 things...unless you're raging incoherently about imaginary things, they're going to label you a white knight.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glorious. Most glorious.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pretty much exactly how I feel about the forums.

The KDF forums really are depressing enough to drive one to catatonia. Last time I went there I lost three hours and found myself yelling "You can bite people's heads off and drive the most unspeakable badass ship in the game! Snap out of it!! That was many months ago and I'm a much happier person now.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly how I feel about the forums.

The KDF forums really are depressing enough to drive one to catatonia. Last time I went there I lost three hours and found myself yelling "You can bite people's heads off and drive the most unspeakable badass ship in the game! Snap out of it!! That was many months ago and I'm a much happier person now.

Having flown the Bort, I gotta say it looks REALLY awesome, it's just nowhere near as good as the battlecruisers proper and the Mat'Ha for what I like to do. Beams just aren't as fun for me.

I do like my TSABC, though, but only because it can tank anything even if I fall asleep at the keyboard.

Also, having played Gorn, Klingon, KDF trill, and Orion...KDF gets all the best ground goodies. And Gorn are OP as f*ck. They're a challenge to make relevant in space, but they're by far the best on the ground. I like to run up to Borg and hack 'em to bits.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    funny...love it
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for those forum photos. I needed that.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmmm...*stares closely at it*

Looks right to me.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2015
    >.<
    /10char
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's a mistake I would have made and looked silly for it in the end.

But yeah, rage has swept the forums - not sure some folks even know what they're raging about - it's mass hysteria!

It's like comparing the typical zombie movie where everybody's gone mad to something like Cockney's vs. Zombies.

Careful though, cause it doesn't matter if you complain about 9001 things...unless you're raging incoherently about imaginary things, they're going to label you a white knight.

I think I have you to thank for the idea, at least partially. You mentioned somewhere you called General Discussion as "General Troll", and I started wondering if it'd be a good idea to label every subforum how it should really be perceived.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This post… so much yes.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I love this as much as Pikachu loves ketchup
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm not really sure where I'd fit in there...

:confused:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No Superlink's Dev Blogs? :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I laughed.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Also, having played Gorn, Klingon, KDF trill, and Orion...KDF gets all the best ground goodies. And Gorn are OP as f*ck. They're a challenge to make relevant in space, but they're by far the best on the ground. I like to run up to Borg and hack 'em to bits.

Lethean is fun as well on the ground. Rapture cannot be used as often as a Gorn's Bite, but if you use it well, it can be nasty.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if one could make a css style that renames the forum titles for you. :p
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Lethean is fun as well on the ground. Rapture cannot be used as often as a Gorn's Bite, but if you use it well, it can be nasty.

Oh, yeah. It's cool.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    " sometimes the ghost of kirksplat floats around here " absolutely love that part! :D
    Well done iconians, well done.