test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Numiri Shield

ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
Looking at the Tribble notes, the Romulan revamp is going remove a great deal of content from the game, for better or worse (not the topic of this thread).

This thread pertains to some of the special mission rewards that some of the removed missions provided. I hope the Numiri Shield (from Sharian's Swords) and so on will still be available somehow post-revamp (perhaps at Mk XII instead of XI?). I know it isn't a popular piece of kit because of the low capacity, but a super high-regen shield is a neat piece of free gear to give away as a mission reward.
Post edited by ralphgraphite on

Comments

• Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This should really be in Tribble discussion.

Just checked the notes, and that's a LOT of missions disappearing. I really don't think they should be pulling that amount of content without an equal amount of stuff to replace it. There's less and less in the game all the time. This is quite concerning.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I doubt they'll move the unique mission rewards like the Numiri shield or the prototype gravitic engine or the overcharged sniper rifle to the remaining 4 Romulan arc missions but maybe they'll surprise me.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Content will be removed to make way for....more patrol missions :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I doubt they'll move the unique mission rewards like the Numiri shield or the prototype gravitic engine or the overcharged sniper rifle to the remaining 4 Romulan arc missions but maybe they'll surprise me.

Maybe if they can't move the unique mission rewards - now would be a good time to add them all to the crafting system. The assets already exist, and currently there isn't even a special shield to craft at level 15 (despite the existence of Shields doffs, which are currently useless, as they cannot craft Aegis shields). The Paratrinic shield could also be craftable - along with a lot of gear that was removed when the dil store was pulled.

They could probably even lock the ability to craft these things behind completing some mission or whatnot - given that there is about to be restrictions on crafting intel manuals in the new officer training school.

Just my 2 cents, of course.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I always thought the numiri shield, the gravity drive and a couple of other things should be a set.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The reward for 3 of the 4 mission are : a random kit module, a choice of non unique space shield, and a choice between several non unique space plasma weapon.
    Since Taris is bugged, and we can't complete it, I can't confirm, but I don't remember seeing any unique reward when I took the mission.

As mentioned above, you should be wise to post it on the tribble forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think most of these weapons are on the list of "Not upgradeable yet because we have to do something by hand"

It seems more likely they are deleting them because they simply dont want to deal with making them upgradeable. Which his sad - these items can help remove all the cookie-cutter builds out there.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    As several have suggested - I've opened a thread in tribble feedback about these...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21679221#post21679221

If it's because these items still don't work with the upgrade system, I'll be unsurprised, but unimpressed. Removing the variety of items in-game doesn't inspire me to throw money at upgrades, that's for sure.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's easier to remove gameplay elements than to fix them.

Hello Terrordome.

Hello 2 part Starbase 24.

Hello Exploration Clusters.
    XzRTofz.gif