test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You Want Queue Feedback? Bring Back the Hourlies

hunteraphunterap Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I'm a lifer, but I have been off playing other games for several months. I got bored with the growing queue times. I came back for the Winter festival, to get my ship and to check out what's new with the game. While I was able to get my ship, I found it very difficult to do anything that required a group. Some things take an hour or more to get a group for. On KDF side, some things are downright impossible.

You want to get the player base playing again? Bring back the hourlies. Get rid of the failed weekend experiment, and bring back the one feature that truly set this game apart from anything else out there.

Hourlies were wonderful at getting the community organized. Sure, there were some caveats with the system, but you guys used a wrecking ball when a scalpel was required. Bring the system back. Make it more focused than before. Have hourlies for individual zones rather than for a specific mark type. For the "crafting time," give a bonus to the success %. Weed out the events in which people aren't participating, or find better ways to reward players for participating in those events.

If you want more ideas, see my original post from February of last year:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1026011

Let me know when you do this. Make it a big news announcement, and I'll be back.

For now, I'm going to finish up my winter epohh training. Once that's done, I'm probably going to find something else to play again. But as I said, let me know when you bring the hourlies back, and I'll be back.
Post edited by hunterap on

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was against the removal of the hourlies in the first place, but now I am of the opinion that we can probably have both weekend events and hourlies. Keep the weekend events for big stuff like marks and dilithium, bring back hourly bonuses for individual queues and things like a R&D % success bonus like you mention. Remember when Defera Invasions were a scheduled thing instead of an adventure zone? It would pack to the brim so much that the servers would sometimes come down. (Note: I'm not suggesting to revert Defera, just using it as an example that zones and queues can fill up nicely if there is a scheduled event there.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
This discussion has been closed.