test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Carrier Build

eldest13eldest13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
Got my Breen Carrier a few days back so I thought I'd put my build up for some people to check out.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=fedbreencarrer_0
Post edited by eldest13 on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Why the torpedo?" would be top of my list I think. Sarr Theln isn't exactly a fast turner and a single transphasic won't do much (maybe the Breen Cluster Torpedo if you really want a transphasic something), and dropping that and the relevant skills would let you swap the universal to eng for a pair of EPTx skills. Personally not a fan of Jam Sensors or Tachyon Beam either, would put in PH and a doffed tractor beam instead, but that may just be me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm curious why you have 1 Torpedo Launcher and you took 2 skills for it (High Yield and Spread.)

If you really want the torp, then ok, but I would suggest dropping either the Spread or the High Yield so you can take at least 1 Tac Team.

Personally, I would drop the Torpedo completely, replace it with another beam and change your 2 tac stations to:

Tac Team 1, BFAW2

Tac Team 1, ATB2, BFAW3

But that's just me, I'm not a fan of Torpedos. If you do keep it, you might want to consider changing one of the two BoFF Abilities you have devoted to that one weapon for something that will help everything else. ;)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't know why you guys are trying to force a guy that has a very high Aux Power dependent, Science build into turning it into a high Weapons Power Beamboat with merely 6 weapon slots... He can probably do that but he'll need to kill Shield and Engine Power if he needs to achieve high Aux and Weapons Power. But survivability is going to take a serious nosedive.

Anyways OP, in trying to keep in general theme with your Science BOFF slotting:

- Grav Well and Tyken's Rift throw each other into shared CDs. Both have rather long CDs to begin with already.

- Tyken's Rift is only really useful in a hardcore, very dedciated Drain Build (Flow Capacitors). Your equipment, to include the Breen Set, is very poor in that regard.

- Absolute Zero / Breen Space Set is rather bad for drains and CC builds, much less both.

The thing is OP, I'm not quite sure what your goals are for the ship. What you want it to be effective in. Because it seems you want it to do CC, drain, beamboat, and torp boat all in one. You CAN do that but whether it will be effective is another matter. You only have so much Subsystem Power, so much Equipment and Console Slots. So many Skillpoints.

If you want it to be a Mega GW and a Torp boat, we can work that.

If you want a PGen/Exotic Dmg boat, we can work that.

If you want a Drainboat Carrier, we can work that.

There's lots of different routes to take in making it a performer. The issue is what you want it to be effective in because it can't do it all and be a good performer.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't know why you guys are trying to force a guy that has a very high Aux Power dependent, Science build into turning it into a high Weapons Power Beamboat with merely 6 weapon slots... He can probably do that but he'll need to kill Shield and Engine Power if he needs to achieve high Aux and Weapons Power. But survivability is going to take a serious nosedive.

Anyways OP, in trying to keep in general theme with your Science BOFF slotting:

- Grav Well and Tyken's Rift throw each other into shared CDs. Both have rather long CDs to begin with already.

- Tyken's Rift is only really useful in a hardcore, very dedciated Drain Build (Flow Capacitors). Your equipment, to include the Breen Set, is very poor in that regard.

- Absolute Zero / Breen Space Set is rather bad for drains and CC builds, much less both.

The thing is OP, I'm not quite sure what your goals are for the ship. What you want it to be effective in. Because it seems you want it to do CC, drain, beamboat, and torp boat all in one. You CAN do that but whether it will be effective is another matter. You only have so much Subsystem Power, so much Equipment and Console Slots. So many Skillpoints.

If you want it to be a Mega GW and a Torp boat, we can work that.

If you want a PGen/Exotic Dmg boat, we can work that.

If you want a Drainboat Carrier, we can work that.

There's lots of different routes to take in making it a performer. The issue is what you want it to be effective in because it can't do it all and be a good performer.

Because ... its a t6 ship, so it has intel, and its a 4 tac console ship -- its one gun short of a 4/3, and those do OK... weapon dps is an important part of the package here. I may have a little bias there, mine is a rom sci, but still, the weapons are part of my damage and hitting pretty hard.

With 2 intel seats it often has OSS running, so all power levels, weapons included, are pretty good much of the time. How you approach that is going to vary -- I have killed my shields and engines as you noted so I "only" have about 100 engine & shield power under OSS -- and my weapons and aux are very high. Aux is insane with oss running, and if you use OSS2/rep sci clicky and then drop your sci powers.... its very, very nasty.

if he *must* torp -- GW the mobs up and TS them with the new crafted torp. That thing is pretty rough when you do that. The rep neutronic is also quite good. I would just load up 3 torps if you want torps, or 3 beams if you want beams, but the ship doesn't have the tac seats to support both types of weapons and it doesn't have the weapon slots to support them either. One or the other. Another trick --- you can use a "can't use skills on it" torp like the trico mine spreader torp, which can't use HY or TS, and let the tac skills ride as beam support. That works fine -- its trying to slot torp skills AND beam skills both at once that can't be done.

FWIW I have mine with 3 DBB ap front, omni/omni/KCB aft. 6 hard hitting forward facing weapons backed by 4 tac consoles and rom goodness. I split aux and weapon power and with OSS both are still higher than any t5 ship can reach. Bonus... aux power helps weapon dps with trait...
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On my Klingon Engineer without access to uber things like Reprocity Im running.

TT,Faw2
    Faw1,Beta,Omega
    SciTeam1, TachyonBeamII, Energy Siphon2, Grav Well3
    Hazzard Emmit1, Transfer Shield St 2
    Eng Team 1, OSS2

2 Def Officers, 2 Conn Officers, 2 Maint Engineers.
    Tac Team and Engine Team are Global, And the 3 Deflector skills are usually close to global.

2 Hangers of Elite Scorps and doing 25k with MK XII gear.
    Like above post Weapons maxed. Aux default at 75. But everything well over 75 without OSS running thanks to Plasmonic, not sure how it'd do without it. So used to that Console. it's a crutch. lol. But between OSS and Energy Siphon and Captain skill usually at 125+ accross the board.

But the ship has 4 tac consoles and access to OSS. It's on par with 4/3 weapon Carriers. And should be treated as such in my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    On my Klingon Engineer without access to uber things like Reprocity Im running.

TT,Faw2
    Faw1,Beta,Omega
    SciTeam1, TachyonBeamII, Energy Siphon2, Grav Well3
    Hazzard Emmit1, Transfer Shield St 2
    Eng Team 1, OSS2

2 Def Officers, 2 Conn Officers, 2 Maint Engineers.
    Tac Team and Engine Team are Global, And the 3 Deflector skills are usually close to global.

2 Hangers of Elite Scorps and doing 25k with MK XII gear.
    Like above post Weapons maxed. Aux default at 75. But everything well over 75 without OSS running thanks to Plasmonic, not sure how it'd do without it. So used to that Console. it's a crutch. lol. But between OSS and Energy Siphon and Captain skill usually at 125+ accross the board.

But the ship has 4 tac consoles and access to OSS. It's on par with 4/3 weapon Carriers. And should be treated as such in my head.

interesting setup... but try a push pull sometime. That is, reslot your sci to st1, siphon, TBR, GW and drop gw on them first, then TBR (stay about 4k away, no closer) and they will be stuck in the gw, your TBR won't push them out, and they cook in the tbr dps.
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i'd say you should get full Delta weapons set , the torpedo is awesome , allsow isokinetic cannon (and its damage is based on particle gens) . Allsow get as much particle gens you can , use energy syphon III . Get rid of the breen set , it sux , get adapted MACO (for aux power) or dyson set. Or solonae , a weapon=> aux warpcore is perfect.
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Tac Team 1, BFAW2

Tac Team 1, ATB2, BFAW3

I like that idea better I currently have

Faw, Faw
    Tac, Beta, Omega

I hit 20K in a sector mission but know I can do better. Now is the time to train officers before the cost goes up or abilities vanish.

noroblad wrote:

sci to st1, siphon, TBR, GW and drop gw on them first, then TBR (stay about 4k away, no closer)

Once I got tier 15 science crafting unlocked my DPS doubled because of this. :) I am also starting to lower Graviton Generators so I can do more Kinetic Repulse damage.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
    edited January 2015
    im running more sci than guns.
    I have mine with eng in the uni slot, intel in the intel slot, which means all the tac I have is the tac officer ... running tt1, faw, and beta. eng has et1 and p2w. Intel has oss1 &2. rest is a mix of sci powers of course gw/tbr setup and also a feedback pulse (deadly if you draw aggro) and heals etc.

I have all but zeroed my grav gens, respecced my captain to lose them too, and to max partgen.
  • kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why we zeroing grav skill?