test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experience rip-off??

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Hello all.

I've found lately that when I do a story mission (not replaying it, but playing it for the first time) I'm getting less experience than what was initially promised me by the game. For example, I just played Coliseum. When I selected the mission it promised me over 10,000 experience points. When I finished it I received less than 5,000.

What's with this? Is this Cryptic bending us over a barrel (i.e. everything working as intended) or an error?
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all.

I've found lately that when I do a story mission (not replaying it, but playing it for the first time) I'm getting less experience than what was initially promised me by the game. For example, I just played Coliseum. When I selected the mission it promised me over 10,000 experience points. When I finished it I received less than 5,000.

What's with this? Is this Cryptic bending us over a barrel

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Yes
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Yes

Better Answer: Just play the damn game and quit whining.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwiYNYlqJL0
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Woah! Somebody still has coal in their stockings...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »

with 6936 posts you obviously aren't playing the game.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    with 6936 posts you obviously aren't playing the game.

I agree. That's way too many posts.
    Hello all.

What's with this? Is this Cryptic bending us over a barrel (i.e. everything working as intended) or an error?

Are you at 60 doing them?

I flipped over to STOwiki to check (Coliseum's a replay for me on the guy I'm currently on) and saw: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Coliseum

So the rewards being variable, possible it listed a 50 reward that's reduced at 60?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Are you at 60 doing them?

I flipped over to STOwiki to check (Coliseum's a replay for me on the guy I'm currently on) and saw: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Coliseum

So the rewards being variable, possible it listed a 50 reward that's reduced at 60?

My toon is at level 55 and has never done the mission before. I thought that the experience provided increased from level 50 to 59 but then dropped at level 60, but I most likely am mistaken.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *gives virus dancer a cyber cookie*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    My toon is at level 55 and has never done the mission before. I thought that the experience provided increased from level 50 to 59 but then dropped at level 60, but I most likely am mistaken.

Not necessarily, that's how I thought it was supposed to work as well. Possible they did something back when they were sorting out things during the X17 moment? Hrmm, let me flip to one of my 54 guys and see what I need to do to open that mission up.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2015
    Hello all.

Did you have this mission as "in progress" from when you were leveling your character?

The xp will normally be higher if you do the initial play at a higher level but the mission needs to be dropped from your active in progress missions and picked up again to get the higher xp,
    has been my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Did you have this mission as "in progress" from when you were leveling your character?

The xp will normally be higher if you do the initial play at a higher level but the mission needs to be dropped from your active in progress missions and picked up again to get the higher xp,
    has been my experience.

That's the impression I've been under for quite some time so I ensure that I never have any missions open except for PvP missions. When I'm ready to do a mission I select it as I'm starting it.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2015
    it has been working that way before as of the last xp weekend irrc got 20k xp per mission for doing those as a level 50 char. with the combined skill/expertise you receive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Not necessarily, that's how I thought it was supposed to work as well. Possible they did something back when they were sorting out things during the X17 moment? Hrmm, let me flip to one of my 54 guys and see what I need to do to open that mission up.

Okay then, so at 54 the Hail had the following:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

Upon completion, it listed:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

It rewarded:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

But that was at 54 and not 55...the 55 being important, I believe.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Okay then, so at 54 the Hail had the following:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

Upon completion, it listed:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

It rewarded:

SP 9460
    EP 10505

But that was at 54 and not 55...the 55 being important, I believe.

So i may have been the victim of a glitch? I'll try some more missions and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tried 3 missions and all of them awarded the correct points.

I'm guessing I was the victim of a gremlin. :(