test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Error attempting to play map...

solastriussolastrius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
After a long hiatus I returned to find that my foundry mission, 'Picking up the Pieces' is now unpublished.

ID = ST-HMJCL5JHK

I attempted to test the maps (all of them) to make sure they were working and each time i have gotten an 'error attempting to play map' error with a crash to the login screen. I am unable to get into any of it for play-testing and also unable to republish. I see no obvious problems with what was once a perfectly-functioning mission and hope someone can shed some light on the problem. :confused:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OK so something to try and clear your issue. you need to go into your STO directory and look for Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
    inside there you should see a tmp directory and a data directory.
    delete everything inside tmp
    delete everything inside data\ns

then try to access your mission again

SOrta like a web browser, the foundry can sometimes get corrupted cached data and doesnt know how to clear it, so you have to go in and do so, It might be worth wild to put a bug in someones ear to maybe have an automated cleanup process for this at some point, maybe make it part of the force verify script

I can confirm this helped someone with a similar problem, but as with all things, your milage may vary
  • Options
    solastriussolastrius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I appreciate your efforts to help. Sadly, in this case everything remains broken
    just as it was, after having followed your instructions. At least it tells us one thing the
    problem isn't, though.

If anyone else has an idea that may or might not help, please don't hesitate to
    mention it. I'm willing to try other suggestions to get the mission working again, ...even
    if it proves impossible to accomplish from my end.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I'll add this project to my bug write up on this issue. Thanks for the report. I wish I could do more.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does your mission involve placing objects in the black zone outside of an interior map by chance?
  • Options
    slickrick1707eslickrick1707e Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    Does your mission involve placing objects in the black zone outside of an interior map by chance?

Mine does and I have that same issue repeatedly! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.