My Scimitar Build

eldest13eldest13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Romulan Discussion
Post edited by eldest13 on

Comments

• darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Soo...

First, Torpedo power (lt tac slot) when carrying no torpedoes...
    Second, full reman set. For a tactical toon, the romulan engines are best (they give + attack patterns) with the Counter Command deflector (more DPS from skills), and the shield can be CC or Nukara (depending on your preferences).

For the singularity, I prefer the Spire one that negates energy drain and increases energy recovering, it's very good (but without Mk increase potential).

Consoles: All 5 tactical consoles have to be +dmg, Vulnerability Exploiters (Spire lv3) are best.
    Science consoles, I would get 3 from the Embassy that reduces Threat (if you go for Plasma instead of AP, one version of those is +9% plasma damage and 60% threat reduction, if you wanna keep AP then go for a mix of Shield and Hull recovery).
    Engineering consoles are the universal ones: Borg, Counter Command (one of them gives mobility bonuses and damage increase), and Delta (7% CD reduction of powers for briudge officers).

Finally, about upgrading the gear: tactical consoles first, then the weapons to mk13, then the shields and the borg console, and finally the CC deflector. Everything else is not urgent.
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't run a DHC scimitar, I run a BFAW scimitar, so take any advice from me with a grain of salt, as they say.
    When using the LCDR uni station for engineering, the most common setup I've seen is to use it for an A2B build.
    When not making an A2B build, the LCDR uni station is often used for tactical.

A2b or non-A2b, that is the first question.

When using it for tactical, you have 7 abilities, meaning one is a luxury item. A common use for the CDR tac slot is to use APO3 for that extra turn and speed boost.

3 EPTx abilities is not optimal, 2 or 4 is optimal under the right setup. When you have 3 EPTx abilities, 1 is a luxury since only 2 different EPTx abilities can be running at any one time. Try to run an even number of EPTX abilities, usually only 2 different types and use the extra engineering ability for something else usefull like a heal.

For A2B setups, technicians are easy enough to get in B'Tran cluster, if you want to go that route. If not, you'll need damage control engineers as your base DOFFs for the build.

For A2B try....

LCDR Uni EPTS1, A2B1, EPTW3
    ENS Uni PH1/ HE1
    CDR Tac TT1, APB1, CRF2, APO3
    LT Eng ET1, A2B1
    LT Sci HE1, ST2

You'll still want to add a conn officer to reduce tac team since A2B doesn't take enough off of Tac team for some reason.

For a Non-A2B build, try....
    LCDR Uni TT1, APB1, CRF2/ CSV2
    Ens Uni EPTS1
    CDR TAC TT1, APB1, CRF2/ CSV2, APO3
    LT Eng ET1, EPTW2
    LT SCI HE1, TSS2

You need 3 Damage Control engineers to reduce EPTx cooldowns on non-A2B setups and you can add a maintenance engineer or 2 for engineering team.

You could go all out DPS and go with double EPTW1 with DEM1 if you want, though it's not likely to survive well. You wouldn't need DCE's, though. It's all in how you play.

I hope this helps give you some ideas
  • alphaomega000qalphaomega000q Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=elachiscimi_9339

Elachi DHC cannon setup /no projectiles
    The 2 scimi consoles are for pvp with fleeties replaced with valdore shield restore universal and a plasma embassy console for pve contents.
    a spire fleet core is normally there but i believe the delta set gets amp so working on that