test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship slot management, a.k.a. Breen everywhere!

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
OK, I'm starting to try and figure out how to handle all these Breen ships with my characters. I don't plan on buying additional ship slots, and I don't think any of my characters will really *need* to have all 3 Breen ships active. So that brings up a couple of questions:

1) If I open all 3 Breen ships on a character to get the console set, then dismiss one or two, are they reclaimable? Or would I have to wait until the next winter event to replace them (assuming the discount is fixed by then. ;) )

2) If I only want to open the Carrier, but I have the frigate packed up in its box, can I purchase the frigate pets for the carrier?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light. :)
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As far as I know once you discard them they are gone.
    You have to unpack both the carrier and the frigate to get the pets.
  • teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's still plenty of time on the event for the year yet... couldn't one just claim, dismiss, then buy again and leave them in their boxes?
  • luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All you can do is try it on one toon and see if it works, with the discount it would only cost one race to replace
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I believe the event discount unlocks for currently owning the relevant ship (not having owned it at some point). I'd avoid dismissing a breen ship type completely from your account (unless you're sure you'll never want to reclaim it again) because after all testing what I said above could be costly.

What I've done is just setup one of my most needy alts with all three breen ships (because after all Rom ship selection is pretty meager.) Even though I don't have an immediate use for the raider and cruiser there its nice to have the set consolidated on one character so I can dismiss as I like on all the others without worry.

As for 2, I wasn't able to purchase pets for the Breen Carrier while I had it packed up. It doesn't seem like that system of unlocks recognizes "having the box" as "having the ship."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got the same issue on which ship to use and which character. I don't have a lot of slots either. And I don't plan on buying some additional. To me they should gave you another with this new expansion. Since they created the new T6 ships.

This is what I ended up doing. My Fed is full and I have no intention on dropping ships. So I will use what I have. Unless something really interesting comes out. Then I will have an issue. My Romulan really don't have a carrier to use other than the Obelisk. Which isn't fully geared up. So I think the Breen carrier would be a nice addition for now. Once I get it geared up. Finally my KDF already has the Breen Warship from 2012 run. It is fully geared and with the Breen BOFF ready to use it. But I have no room for the new carrier. So I decided to dismiss my Marauder Carrier I got for free. And used for my test ship for carrier use. Add the Breen carrier to it. So it will be ready to roll soon as I get it. This way I can really test the ship. And see if I want to go through to get it up again for my Romulan.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All my eight characters have another set of the three Breen ships. Now I can strip consoles, dismiss if I need to now, and have another copy boxed and ready to be called in if and when needed.

You need to have the Plesh unpacked to buy the frigate pets. But after you do buy the two if you don't need the Raider now, dismiss it and use the packed one if and when you need it.

Of course thus only is viable if the discount is working properly for your account.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I believe the event discount unlocks for currently owning the relevant ship (not having owned it at some point).

Theoretically, the discount unlocks by looking for you having completed the event. There's a fix (Ahahahahahahaha) that also looks for the ship itself in the works.