test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

28k Engineer Chel Grett Build

synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/2r4k3j/28k_engineer_chel_grett_build_advice_please/

Any Advice on more survivability without losing too much DPS shoot. Very mean ship. Never had one until now. But, even on an engie. Wow the hate it breeds. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by synthiasuicide on

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have you tried to use a gravimetric scientist to proc extra wells?
    Since you have reciprocity, have you tried a single BFAW3, 2 APB1 and the single APO?
    I believe that BFAW3 on global cooldown with APB1 does more DPS than BFAW2 with APB2/ APO3.
    Doubled up on everything in tac abilities, is reciprocity doing anything for you?
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You might want to find something with more structural integrity to it. Like the fleet RCS accelerators, the solanae deflector, or even use field emitters for your shields. You might have to compromise your DPS to survive longer.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hmm, It is true Reprocity aint doing much but being like a free Zemok for Omega 3.

I could see:

TT, Beta
    TT,Faw II, FAW III, Omega 3

As it is I see no matter what having 2 Redundant Tac Skills with Reprocity on the ship. Since Thers no problem being shot at at all.

Ill have to get BFAW III and test that out. thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nukara Shield could be replaced by Elite Fleet Shield (ResB) plus Undine shield hardening trait for a decent survivability boost at the expense of a small DPS drop (depending on the trait you drop -- I'd suggest Advance Targeting).
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I tried Swapping Nukara def/engine and Rom engines for Borg Def/Engine Dyson Shield.

Big Survivability increase, about a 1-2k loss from my Parses.
    But, man what a difference.
    Last parse had Dyson Shield 216,000 Shield heal, Borg 2 piece 101,000 Hull.

Also Deperate repairs at 60,000 shield 75,000 hull

Came close to death in the 3 Man pug. 2 dropped out. Still beat it. So far I'm liking it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Updated build.
    Swapped out Nuet +Turn for +HitPoints.
    Swapped Nukara Shield for Dyson for Auto shield heals.
    Swapped Rom Engine for Nukara Engine for 2 Piece.

The hull is now over 70k, and so many critical moments close to 2% hull left I wanted more cushion. Dyson shield is amazing for added survivability. Still doing 26-28k in a parse, but survives alot better.

I felt the Borg 2 piece was overdoing it. hardly hit Miracle Worker. This set up I do have to hit it, but alot more survivable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ok, Broke 30k with the current build. Which was my goal. Thanks to Grinding out one more level and gaining Space Flanking on Intel tree. AS I get more of the tree the build will only get better. And still have yet to try FAW3 setup. Thanks to those that Replied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]