What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Price Wars! - Buyer Beware

13»

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    But there are people out there who are liking what I don't like!

Then the only solution is the Borg Collective. Individuality means there will always be people that like what you don't like. If you destroy their individuality and force them to only like what you like and don't like what you don't like, then it will solve that problem. Of course, it would be a very boring, but peaceful world. All the stupid **** that people do would no longer exist.

That actually might be the origin of the Borg. Some alien was sick and tired of their world's version of Justin Bieber so they develop nanites that would assimilate everyone. It would be the only solution to no more pop stars like Justin Bieber.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I belieb you might be onto something there, starkaos.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    immudzen wrote: »
    You could do the dyson ground combat with the voth and make all the dilithium you can refine in a day in about 30 minutes.

Not as quick as you used to given the big nerf a few weeks back.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You know, I would rather Cryptic simply release missions in a slow trickle according to a specific timetable, rather than them artificially padding out how long it takes to be able to play the next mission.
    But that has not the same effect - people that want to play story missions just don't play STO until it comes out.

If the missions instead require a grind to unlock, they either play the game more, or they stop playing all to gether. The latter has little impact on Cryptic if they weren't playing a lot before, they were likely not spending money, or using the Exchanges. They didn't affect the game economy. But if they are turned into an active player...

I wonder however it wouldn'T have been better if they had put the story missions behind the reputation grind. (Though that might make it a lot shorter, it doesn't take that long to max out a reputation). THey did that with the Romulan Reputation.

Maybe this is also an experiment for them - something that could fail or need to be severely adjusted. But maybe putting Delta Rising content behind a reputation grind would have been even more obvious and caused even more critique?

I don't think we've seen the last of it. There will be more changes happening, but it will take weeks and months still, I think. Cryptic isn't that fast. Think about how long it took them to adopt the Dyson Reputation model to other reputations (with some tweaks). This might be even a bigger change.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vestereng wrote: »
    It's a pretty big misconception that you owe the developers something and should be thankful for just about anything they give you.

Developers are IT workers paid by the money you put into the game.

You ought to and would be able to dictate terms, if it weren't for whales and developer apologists selling us all out.

But in terms of what the costumer wants for his money the gaming industry is one of the few unregulated industries in where if you are dumb enough to pay for something that's fundamentally broken, that's just your problem.

It doesn't however make it right and it's up to all the sell-outs to smarten up and stop ruining their own product with their stupidity

Your post is a misconception. No, you cannot dictate terms.... the customer is the one that can dictate terms. If you stop paying for products that they are producing and getting money for somewhere else, you cease to be the customer and as such loose the capacity of dictation of terms. People are not "Stupid" simply because they don't want the same product you do.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    lol, Cryptic cult.

amishrevolution are you one of those people who are now sending harassing Pms to people who win lockbox ships?

Examples include: "The amount of money you spent opening those boxes to get that ship would have gotten you a Ipod Nano"

"You could have made my monthly car payment instead of chasing after that Temporal sci ship"

" a whole town in Africa could feed themselves for a month on the amount of money you spent getting that pixeled ship, I guess it will not be a Merry Christmas for those hungry children"

" Quit spending money on lockboxes and move out of your parent's house you [retracted] noob!"

I believe it was mentioned in an earlier post, everyone has different game progressions, if everyone was able to just come to terms that not everyone is going to play the same, we would all get along.

It's to be expected, these people are self-important jackoffs. They have not really grasped that other people exist, that these other people have different tastes and interests as they; and feel the innate need to dictate to everyone else how they should be living.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just more free Zen for my time when the price per goes through the roof.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!