Cross-Faction Teaming

nitewingnyc
nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
I know it is possible since a few of us have found a glitch that allows klinks and feds to team, que and do some ground missions together..

My question to the Devs is why not make it something that players can do all the time? The story line is set and the war is over so it would make for better game play if a KDF and FED could simply join on a team after they have saved Qo'noS...

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/AngelEyesRodriguez/media/3rd.jpg.html

Not sure if that pic will load but thats 2 feds and a KDF on the same team doing a mission together in Delta..

Is this something the Devs can make happen????
Post edited by nitewingnyc on
«1

Comments

  • vegeta50024
    vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,304 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure how easy it is to implement. As it stands now, cross faction teaming would only work best on parts of the game that have been made for all factions. Cross faction teaming already occurs when we go into STFs, so why can't it apply to other parts of the game that are for all factions?

    TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • sinn74
    sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The fact that they didn't incorporate it into the whole DR expansion is moronic, at best. Everything in the Delta Quadrant should have been cross-faction.
  • futurepastnow
    futurepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They should have made cross-faction teaming work back when they added the ground battlezone. The BZ is a perfect environment for teams, nothing is queued, but they didn't make it work then so I'm not optimistic about it ever happening.
  • admrenlarreck
    admrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My thinking is I would love normal cross faction teaming.

    That being said, It could only be allowed after the surface tension mission. Since we are in a state of war till then.

    Now can you imagine the confusion of a new player to the game seeing a cross faction team.

    for example a new player in a fleet tries to team up with a cross faction group to get help, but he cant join the team cause hes not played the mission? Or any other situation where this would crop up. My heads spinning thinking of the confusion.

    The forums would be set ablaze again with "Bug reports" of people who cant be teamed up because of this.

    keep in mind what Cryptic did at the "Confusion" of the exploration clusters. (/begin tinfoil hat) The response would be remove teaming from the game. (/end tin foil hat)

    In all reality the only way for cross faction teaming to make sense in the game is to completely eliminate the klingon war from the game. That is not going to happen so teaming remains as it is.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg


    Fleet leader Nova Elite

    Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My thinking is I would love normal cross faction teaming.

    That being said, It could only be allowed after the surface tension mission. Since we are in a state of war till then.

    Now can you imagine the confusion of a new player to the game seeing a cross faction team.

    for example a new player in a fleet tries to team up with a cross faction group to get help, but he cant join the team cause hes not played the mission? Or any other situation where this would crop up. My heads spinning thinking of the confusion.

    The forums would be set ablaze again with "Bug reports" of people who cant be teamed up because of this.

    keep in mind what Cryptic did at the "Confusion" of the exploration clusters. (/begin tinfoil hat) The response would be remove teaming from the game. (/end tin foil hat)

    In all reality the only way for cross faction teaming to make sense in the game is to completely eliminate the klingon war from the game. That is not going to happen so teaming remains as it is.

    surface tension mission is were i am suggesting player be able to team..since at that point we are no longer at war...

    I don't think new player would be confused at all...since they would have no idea it is possible until doing the mission...
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    not sure what glitch you refer to but you can queue for any PVE content in a private queue cross faction. The reason that its not supposed to be possible outside of PVE content is because story missions are directly related to what faction you belong to. Like for example in the early missions romulans have to do a huge battle vs elachi.

    If you find it is possible or that you have in the past I would suggest not doing that because it may be unintended and you know how they handle things like that. However, I know on the ground in kobali adventure zone you don't exactly team up but if you have a kdf friend they can sort of tag along and participate in the shooting.

    Got your point, but think about it i mean in my case i only have a few players that can do an elite que .. but i have friends on the kdf side so if only 3 of us are on right and only 1 kdf friend well we can't do a private que..

    It would also put the mmo aspect back in this game a bit. I understand why the ques are there.. i use to spam in borg space for a 2 hour stf myself, but that being said there is the aspect of role possibly being re introduced to the game 1 tank 2 dps and 1 healer.. it is great and fun when we can all team.. any who .. it is possible I just want to know if the devs can make this glitch into a tool and allow us to team since well the war is over after surface tension right..
  • glitterw1ng
    glitterw1ng Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i would like to see this feature added to the game as well. since the storyline has combined the factions into one alliance. granted in earlier missions, the KDF and FED are enemies, but its simple to add an unlock at a certain storyline progression setpoint.

    my character is the gorn in nitewingnyc's picture (that takes forever to load). we were playing "Capture the Flag" mission.

    Anyways, we had a good bit of fun playing that mission, and it seemed fitting that a Romulan tac officer (fed-aligned), Fed engineer, and KDF Sci officer retake the flagship.

    in addition to storyline missions, having the ability to cross-faction teaming would alleviate some of the frustrations of having less then 5 people (for private que's) who are on FED and KDF toons, and having to que simultaneously and hoping to be in same pve instance.

    for those of you who are curious, the glitch has been around for as long as the pve que's have had the "your hidden glitch" after a pve instance, its essentially an extension, because sometimes you will find yourself still on the team with a person from the pve mission (whether it be ISA or Azura Rescue, etc.).
    usually if you are in the same pve instance with those u want to be team with, just stay in map until the time boots you out of map(assuming u successfully completed it), and roughly 35-40% of the time, you will be still teamed with one or more of your teammates (hopefully one KDF and one FED) from that pve instance, simply passing team lead around allows you to add KDF toons or FED toons to the team, and there you go.

    cross-faction teaming will allow individuals to play the toon the want (regardless of which faction) and team with friend(s) who want to play the toon they want to play (regardless of which faction) and enjoy end-game content with less hassle and more fun, then the current system allows.

    i am sure there are a bunch of you that are going to say, "why dont you run a fed toon when your friends are running fed toons and visa versa.". we do, to some extent...but it is not as much fun when i "have" to switch to a faction-specific toon just to play with friends/fleetmates. i would like to be able to play the toon i want to play with no restrictions on teamming for end-game content.

    Besides, taking on Gaul fleet (episode "Takedown") with a Scimitar, Vo'quv, Mogh, Galaxy Dreadnought, and Oddessy was worth the hour and a bit of fiddling with pve ques to get the team formed.
  • sqwished
    sqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    The fact that they didn't incorporate it into the whole DR expansion is moronic, at best. Everything in the Delta Quadrant should have been cross-faction.

    TBH, a lot of stuff from LoR should have had cross faction teaming incorporated into. But I agree you completely on the point that;s its moronic that they didnt sort it out for DR.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy New Year to all
  • kristinaartaxos
    kristinaartaxos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes there should be cross faction teaming, once past the end of the Klingon War in the story arc, we are allies once past that and it would make absolute sense.
    Allies use each others strengths to bolster weaknesses in each other to be a better cohesive force all round.
    In common with most fleets The Jade Empire has a Klingon sister fleet, River of Blood and it would be great if we could team across the faction divide.

    Kristina Artaxos
    XO The Jade Empire
  • mirrorchaos
    mirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,817 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know it is possible since a few of us have found a glitch that allows klinks and feds to team, que and do some ground missions together..

    My question to the Devs is why not make it something that players can do all the time? The story line is set and the war is over so it would make for better game play if a KDF and FED could simply join on a team after they have saved Qo'noS...

    http://s100.photobucket.com/user/AngelEyesRodriguez/media/3rd.jpg.html

    Not sure if that pic will load but thats 2 feds and a KDF on the same team doing a mission together in Delta..

    Is this something the Devs can make happen????

    perhaps you mistook the ceasefire for an alliance? while all three romulans, federation and klingons work together to defend against outside threats, it doesnt mean however that there is an alliance, it just means that old enemies that know each other well and can trust each other to watch each others back as a matter of convenience. if it leads to an official end to the war and a proper alliance is to be determined at some other point, however it still doesnt mean that klingons would still be willing to fully place their own motives in the hands of starfleet or the romulans, vice versa.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tarastheslayer
    tarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    This should have been done on the day the supposed war ended between the feds and the klingons.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • angrytarg
    angrytarg Member Posts: 10,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it would make sense for players to be placed into a new "faction" once they reached the point in the story arc where the alliance is formed. So every player 50+ get their faction emblem and affiliation replaced with "Alliance", which also would allow for cross-faction ship usage (Fed get to use KDF ships and vice versa). Because Cryptic is not going to develop faction exclusive content anymore, nor make PvP something big. Why pretend?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • erei1
    erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think it would make sense for players to be placed into a new "faction" once they reached the point in the story arc where the alliance is formed. So every player 50+ get their faction emblem and affiliation replaced with "Alliance", which also would allow for cross-faction ship usage (Fed get to use KDF ships and vice versa). Because Cryptic is not going to develop faction exclusive content anymore, nor make PvP something big. Why pretend?
    Oh great, so instead of 3 different flavors for the game, we ends up with 1 and only 1 flavor ? What's the point of playing anything but Romulan for the best traits ? So you don't have pointy ears ?

    No. I'm sorry, but the more we goes toward a single unified unsavory soup, the less I enjoy the story.
    I played Klingon because they were Klingon, just like I do with Romulan or fed. Which imply a different story, even if slightly, and different ships.

    I know Cryptic is trying to do that. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a lazy idea, done by lazy people who are looking more to making cash grab than quality.

    I agree with the cross teaming, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinn74
    sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think it would make sense for players to be placed into a new "faction" once they reached the point in the story arc where the alliance is formed. So every player 50+ get their faction emblem and affiliation replaced with "Alliance", which also would allow for cross-faction ship usage (Fed get to use KDF ships and vice versa). Because Cryptic is not going to develop faction exclusive content anymore, nor make PvP something big. Why pretend?

    Having Romulans and Klingons flying around in FED ships (and the reverse) constantly would just be silly and ridiculous, IMO. I don't think a few lockbox (or if they would've come out with faction-neutral) ships is awful, but....just no.
  • angrytarg
    angrytarg Member Posts: 10,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Oh great, so instead of 3 different flavors for the game, we ends up with 1 and only 1 flavor ? What's the point of playing anything but Romulan for the best traits ? So you don't have pointy ears ?

    No. I'm sorry, but the more we goes toward a single unified unsavory soup, the less I enjoy the story.
    I played Klingon because they were Klingon, just like I do with Romulan or fed. Which imply a different story, even if slightly, and different ships.

    I know Cryptic is trying to do that. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a lazy idea, done by lazy people who are looking more to making cash grab than quality.

    I agree with the cross teaming, however.
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Having Romulans and Klingons flying around in FED ships (and the reverse) constantly would just be silly and ridiculous, IMO. I don't think a few lockbox (or if they would've come out with faction-neutral) ships is awful, but....just no.

    I understand where you are coming from, but Cryptic completely abandoned the faction idea in the first place. The story missions play out almost exactly the same with each faction, and romulans aren't a faction at all in the first place. So why pretend?

    For the record, I'm not actually in favour of this. But I honestly wouldn't care if they did that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • dpsloss88
    dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    KDF are the gimp ***** slaves of the Federation, so not a separate faction...
  • sinn74
    sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from, but Cryptic completely abandoned the faction idea in the first place.

    Then why isn't there cross faction teaming? :P
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    perhaps you mistook the ceasefire for an alliance? while all three romulans, federation and klingons work together to defend against outside threats, it doesnt mean however that there is an alliance, it just means that old enemies that know each other well and can trust each other to watch each others back as a matter of convenience. if it leads to an official end to the war and a proper alliance is to be determined at some other point, however it still doesnt mean that klingons would still be willing to fully place their own motives in the hands of starfleet or the romulans, vice versa.

    Hey I get you but we are allies for now fighting a common foe. So why not allow the cross over to happen and KDF and FED team in normal game play through delta and qued events..is all i'm asking ...
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Oh great, so instead of 3 different flavors for the game, we ends up with 1 and only 1 flavor ? What's the point of playing anything but Romulan for the best traits ? So you don't have pointy ears ?

    No. I'm sorry, but the more we goes toward a single unified unsavory soup, the less I enjoy the story.
    I played Klingon because they were Klingon, just like I do with Romulan or fed. Which imply a different story, even if slightly, and different ships.

    I know Cryptic is trying to do that. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a lazy idea, done by lazy people who are looking more to making cash grab than quality.

    I agree with the cross teaming, however.

    well hope is the stories won't be done in a single soup for say, but to allow us to team would be great.. my fed scimitar and @glitterwings (kdf) Vo'cuv are almost unstoppable throw in @rikerones gaxaly dready and we have joy... we are only missing a good healer..

    Cross faction teaming is something that could re-vive the game.. because honestly the MMO here is missing...i mean look at the ques ..not all ques cross over and the maps aren't being used but a cross faction team would be able todo that deffence mission easy.. not to mention capture the flag in the delta line seemed so fitting having our team of 2 feds 1 human 1 Romie and a KDF Gorn ...

    Over all the cross KDF & FED teaming can only make the game more fun..and I have spoken to a few RP players that love the idea..

    DEVS help us out here ..
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Having Romulans and Klingons flying around in FED ships (and the reverse) constantly would just be silly and ridiculous, IMO. I don't think a few lockbox (or if they would've come out with faction-neutral) ships is awful, but....just no.

    But what do you think about Feds and Kdf players being able to team? I mean lets not loose the focus of the thread ..

    Forget about the ships.. personaly i hold my own reservations about ships but that will be on a different thread..
    check out these links..trhey are pics of us cross faction teaming doing the mission capture the flag .. 2 Feds and 1 Kdf on the same team ..

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_044722.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/3rd.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_043801.jpg

    for any player it can just make the game better .. for RP players it is the stuff dreams are made of ..

    FYI Happy New Year
  • virusdancer
    virusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    did cross-faction save the PvP ques?

    No. It didn't. it won't save the PvE ques either-the missions that go unplayed go unplayed for reasons other than people being unable to team cross-faction.

    Hrmmm, I went from never getting pops (usually from falling asleep while waiting) to getting pops...

    ...just because other things were then done to kill them doesn't change that.
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    did cross-faction save the PvP ques?

    No. It didn't. it won't save the PvE ques either-the missions that go unplayed go unplayed for reasons other than people being unable to team cross-faction.

    lol.. no one ques for PVP i know I love me some PVP.. but thats only for now while people get thier gear up.. but lucky for us Karrat is still alive and kicking ..HOBO holds it down in the along with inner circule..

    but that being said the pvp cues used cross faction after you had joined a que and teamed random people together.

    What i am suggesting is allow people to team KDF and fed.. for PVE, but now that it came up why not PVP also.. A fed/KDF team goes into a que together ..not some random chance of being on the same team with a friend.. Dude thank you so much ..you just added another dynamic to the benifits of cross faction teaming..

    here are som pics i took doing catpture the flag 2 feds and a kdf on the same team..

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_044722.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/3rd.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_043801.jpg

    fyi ..Happy New Year
  • nitewingnyc
    nitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmmm, I went from never getting pops (usually from falling asleep while waiting) to getting pops...

    ...just because other things were then done to kill them doesn't change that.

    But what do you think about adding an unlock allowing cross faction teaming?

    here's a few pics of such a team 2 fed (1 human 1 Romie) and a KDF Gorn ..we are doing the mission capture the flag together...

    FYI Happy New year..& let us know what you think please..

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_044722.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/3rd.jpg

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/AngelEyesRodriguez/20141130_043801.jpg
  • virusdancer
    virusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But what do you think about adding an unlock allowing cross faction teaming?

    That it would not be as simple as some folks would make it out to be.

    That it should only affect certain missions/queues and that replay wouldn't change that.
  • markhawkman
    markhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That it would not be as simple as some folks would make it out to be.

    That it should only affect certain missions/queues and that replay wouldn't change that.
    Yeah, for example, Breaking the planet is specifically setup as a red vs Blue mission.

    I think that part of it is that teaming is an invisible racial trait. From one point of view, it'd be accurate to say that the various races are hardwired to be incompatible. What enemies you are allowed to attack is determined by an invisible aspect of your race. For this purpose Fed Klingons are treated as if they are a different race entirely than KDF Klingons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • virusdancer
    virusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    /snip

    Besides, would you REALLY want to have to shepherd a Fed through Pi Canis A and B?

    But that's the thing, just because some things would make sense to offer crossfaction teaming doesn't mean that other things would be touched....wouldn't make sense to do so.

    The "end" of the war started pretty early in the storyline, but there are are still those missions/episodes/things to do which wouldn't make sense to have crossfaction.

    Feds joining the KDF for Empire Defense against the Feds? As you mentioned, KDF joining Feds for SB24? There's all sorts of early stuff where it wouldn't make sense for players to do that.