test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Ground Gear questions

captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Reputation System
I'm having trouble trying to decide between the Omega ground gear and MACO ground gear set for my Romulan engineer. Checked on the STO wiki and I saw each has a different set of buffs but which is better in your experience?

I also have the KHG ground set for my KDF tactical captain, and am wondering if it's worth the extra Omega marks and dil to upgrade to the Adapted Honor Guard ground set.

Thanks for reading.
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
Post edited by captainkc on

Comments

• Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    captainkc wrote: »
    I'm having trouble trying to decide between the Omega ground gear and MACO ground gear set for my Romulan engineer. Checked on the STO wiki and I saw each has a different set of buffs but which is better in your experience?

I also have the KHG ground set for my KDF tactical captain, and am wondering if it's worth the extra Omega marks and dil to upgrade to the Adapted Honor Guard ground set.

Thanks for reading.

It's a matter of preference. MACO/adapted MACO are both very similar stat wise, but similarity stops at the 2 and 3 piece bonus. How you're building your engineer will make the difference. Personally, I've used adapted MACO on my engineer for heal click power since engineers have nice shield healing and limited health healing. I don't run any generators either so if you are, the shield recharge on the regular MACO may serve you better. The adapted MACO is definitely worth the unlock. The adapted honor guard for Kdf is the same as the regular MACO that Feds get, so question of preference. It comes with unique costume etc.

I've not used the Omega set on an engineer really as the set has always seemed more tactical focused to me. Anything can really be used pve-wise.

This should probably be in build/powers section also.

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally I went with the Omega Force gear for my Romulan, because he will be damned to wear the Starfleet insignia on any outfit he owns.

The Omega Force outfit is a 'Neutral' faction outfit, which is the closest thing to a Romulan Republic version of MACO/KHG I can get.

And the whole Ambush Field and temporary stealth clicky power seemed like something the romulans would be into. As an engineer, it makes you an effective saboteur as you can stealth away then place bombs before running away and exploding them.

Omega Force works great with Transphasic Bomb, Chroniton Mines, etc. and also works as a nice panic button when you need it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    The Omega Force outfit is a 'Neutral' faction outfit, which is the closest thing to a Romulan Republic version of MACO/KHG I can get.

LOL well even though my Rom is Fed-aligned I still want a unique outfit for her so I think I'll go with the Omega Force one. I should also clarify that 95 percent of the missions I run are PvE like the Borg STFs rather than the PvP ones. Thanks guys.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"