What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ok, the Sarr Theln is pretty nice.

2»

Comments

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    That bit is on purpose. Basically, wasn't making returns on investments.

I am sure it was on purpose hehe. I doubt they guage how much money they make or dont make versus people who visit their ship bridges though.

If your speaking on kdf the issue with less ships is also due to the fact that the franchise has only a few designs for them to pull from as basicaly star trek is about the federation and then everyone else comes second. Still I enjoy klingons as I have always found the federation ideal to well "clean" and humanity is actually pretty messy :D
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am using this as my permanent ship for one character. I'm curious for anyone with the elite frigates - do you see them using the energy dissipater very often? If so, does it seem to do anything?

Yes they do fire, quite often, becouse I think they have the pet's usual 30 (or 60 maybe) CD, not 2 mins like the ship's console. Dunno about the drain, since I have a drain build too so its hard to notice, but it seems to proc that 40% chance for disable cuz I saw them taking off the engines of an enemy ship since it slows or even stops it. And their energy dissipater seems to reach target more often then ship's console one, becouse I draw agro and mine gets destryed on the way to the target (I forgot its targetable :/).
    And speaking of CDs, any1 noticed that the console from the breen carrier has 3 mins cd :confused:
    It kinda sux if they started to go back to consoles with 3 mins CD after getting us used to 2 mins CD :(
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got my carrier last name. The name defaulted to Carl.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/Amenephis/01LT1c31_zps1df17df4.gif~original

...think I may just leave it as that.
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, if you started from 0 and did the race everyday, today marks the day you would unlock the Sarr Theln Carrier. That means a lot of people are getting new ships today. :D

After playing with it for a while, I have to say I'm surprised. I admit, I thought they would give us a junk pile since it was a 'free ship,' but I must admit this ship is actually quite nice. It does lack a bit of punch due to the Carrier Pet Nerf, but overall it's a very nice and effective ship. Damage is still solid, and has pretty good staying power. Science abilities are nice, it's just a little thin on Engineering.

This is what I'm running on mine right now, what are you guys running on it and how do you like it? I really wanted to double up on OSS, but I can't live without one copy of EPTW, EPTS and Engineering Team.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised they gave us such a nice ship as a reward. It's quite a pleasant surprise.

:eek: Wait, when did that happen?? Did this happen to ALL carrier pets in the game? What did the nerf entail? Less pet damage? Less pet heal/shields?
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,001 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The intimidating looks, the resilience with a decent amount weapons.

Even with the pet nerf, I find that having elite tholian widows and elite scorpions working as a tag team has been working out really well.

Boff seating is very nice and reasonably practical though a sci/intel lt seat would have been better than the current lt eng/intel.

The lt.cmd tac is excellent and having cmd science is excellent as well.
    The ship flies really well and i was surprised at how agile it turned out to be
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      redheadguy wrote: »
      :eek: Wait, when did that happen?? Did this happen to ALL carrier pets in the game? What did the nerf entail? Less pet damage? Less pet heal/shields?

Month ago? Pets were scaling up as if post-DR NPCs, so people with level 60 pets had runabouts with more HP and damage-per-weapon than player ships, so they got nerfed back to about the half the damage they had pre-DR. Annoying but not crippling for ships that had a single hangar for some support pets (Arkif, Vesta, etc), but a kick in the nerts for DPS-pet-dependant heavy carriers.
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      It was in 9, 9.5 or DR.. but it wasn't a straightforward nerf. It was a complete revamp of the way carrier pet stats are calculated. The net result is that they're apparently a bit weaker now. (I never ran the numbers myself) Previously pet stats varied based on difficulty level. so doing one of the old elite STFs would give you frigate pets with higher stats than the regular STF.

But that was before the difficulty revamp. for a brief time after the difficulty revamp people had carrier pets with the bloated HP that the enemies on advanced and elite do. then the pet stats got changed to be based on your captain stats and not difficulty level.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      The ship is very nice with a good Boff layout. I feel sort of lost on any ship I equip these days that doesn't have a Lt. Commander Science station as I like running at least one GW on all my characters.

I have the Advanced Plesh Frigates on all characters running this ship. The other day I realized that one of my characters had not run any of the Breen missions that award equipment other than Cold Comfort so I ran them and the missions were in my log as Level 60. Not a cakewalk but I did notice this time the Plesh Breks were spamming Tractor Beams and since they usually act in threes, from three different directions. Never noticed them using that before. Did not see that capability on the Carrier pets, however.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      immudzen wrote: »
      You can use frigates.

You have to have the raider also on the same character and then you can get the frigate pets. That is what I am stuck on. I have unlocked the carrier and then I unlocked the raider on another character and the thing is bugged so it is not giving me the discount on the character that has the carrier.

Eventually it will be fixed and then you can just claim the raider on your carrier character and then go buy frigate pets.

This is my one issue, I really want to use Frigates, but it seems to be impossible for the most part. My other character isn't at 1k marks yet to try the unlock, but it seems that the majority of players have not been successful and unlocking the Frigates. Right now I'm using the Advanced Fighters and they do pretty good, but they do blow up a lot. I'm going to unlock the Raider in a day or two and see if I have any luck with the unlock, but I haven't decided if I will try and change to Raiders if I can. I like the ship, but it's a secondary ship for my Romulan (behind the Scimitar) so I have to decide if the price is worth it.

It was about a month or so ago. It was supposed to just reduce hull strength and slightly reduce shields, but ended up being a flat nerf across the board. The Hull nerf was needed and understandable, but the damage nerf was a step too far. Especially given the increased hull and shield strength of enemies after DR.

It's still an effective ship, just wish they would fix their damage to make them more effective. Considering you basically give up a Weapon Hardpoint for each hangar, they should have good damage to make the trade off worth while.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
      edited December 2014
      I'm glad that the ship is nice, the 3/3 setup had me wondering.

but, the cynical side of me says that it's just bait to get people into the upgrade system.

EDIT: but yes, I'm very gratified to hear that it's a good ship, people are saying the same in chat channels
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited December 2014

EDIT: but yes, I'm very gratified to hear that it's a good ship, people are saying the same in chat channels

The Sarr Theln is the best giveaway ship ever and the players love it!

Sorry.. I had to. :D
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
      edited December 2014

I can actually agree to that statement!

Got home from work and pugged a few more. Loving this ship.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      works great with both a sci and tac captain.. still to try an engineer.

I was lucky enough to be able to unlock the raider so have the elite pets which work pretty nice.

toss up now between this and my recluse.
    • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I too am really enjoying this ship. Working well so far and doing the job with some authority.
      What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
    • cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      It's my new main ship.

I am an engineer and it's a pretty tough ship
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited December 2014
      I'm glad that the ship is nice, the 3/3 setup had me wondering.

but, the cynical side of me says that it's just bait to get people into the upgrade system.

there's another dark side to this one though. ship-power-creep

they did a very good job releasing the new ships that were just incrementally more powerful

there's nothing worse than seeing the usefulness of your old stuff vanish in a puff of smoke

it's actually the great side of the (gear) upgrade system, you can bring it along with you

but

eventually it's going to be a different story for the ships, unless they allow us to apply a few more upgrade tokens to the ships to bring them up to speed

which would actually be a great idea. being able to double upgrade, t5u to t5u-fleet. new ships _along_with_ being able to update our old ones. if people really didn't want to give up their old wonderful ship, the could have that option. it would cost, so their end is covered. I mean really, should they care what ship we are using, as long as we pay for it?

people will still gobble up t6 like mad for the ship traits
      edited December 2014

hehe, I know, DR has turned the mood a bit dark
    • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I only had time to run one mission before the maint but that mission was enough to see the potential. Previous carrier experience for me was doing KDF Defense in the bloated goldfish Orion one they gave away because I wouldn't dare run it in anything but Crystalline. So with a little time to learn the ins and outs of it, this boat could be golden.
      Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I am also working my way to a Sarr Theln Carrier for my Rom engineer, probably sometime next week. I'm glad to see people saying it's a nice ship, is it mostly beams or can cannons be equipped? I have the Breen propulsion set and stuff, but need guidance on weapons and consoles. Feel free to share your builds. (My favorite ship is the Guramba destroyer for my Klingon tac toon, and it rocks. I am hoping for something similar for my Rommie.)
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
    • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,586 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I just set it up for my Engineer and did a Tholian alert and system patrols. It's a fun ship and pretty sturdy. I was using the default fighters but this is the character that got the Brek so I can try the frigates tomorrow.

It turns better than I expected for a 7 turn rate, though I do have one fleet Neutronium [ +Turn ] console to help a bit.

I'm still trying different boff skills. Right now I have 2 tac boffs with 2 x FAW, 2 x APDelta, 1 x tac team. I had GW1 + GW2 (Engineer so I can't train GW3) but I'm thinking of changing the GW1 to Scramble Sensors II to get the clump to attack each other.

This is my first carrier so I haven't set up the right doffs for it yet,.