Options

I really don't "play" anymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Outside of doing the DR story line I don't think I've "played" STO for most of the past year and change. I pop in once at night and once in the morning to doff, convert dil, run delta rep, and sometimes the event, like the winter race (although I find I skip anything that takes more than 5 minutes). All I've done, and do now, is accumulate wealth. Millions of Dil and couple billion EC. I can do anything I want in the game but I don't want to. I'm really not fully sure why. The thrill is gone. I know when I started playing this game it felt Star Trekkie to me and I loved playing through all of the missions and exploring the maps and while there was Omega rep and things, it didn't feel like a chore. But I guess that's it, STO feels like a chore now. Everything is work not fun. I don't know how or if the fun can be brought back (maybe I just played too long) but I miss it.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. If not for the fact my Fleetmates still like to do occasional intra-fleet PvP; and run the occasional Advanced/Elite STF (with all Fleetmates or other players we know); I doubt I'd continue to log in as much as I do currently.

I do like the story missions, but since DStahl left (and weekly FEs were pretty much abandoned) we now seem to get one of two story missions with every season (IE once every 4-6 months); and sorry but the actual 'story' content with DR was small (what? 15 or so ACTUAL story missions that took over a year - sorry, the grindy DR system patrols that just pile on wave after wave of stuff to shoot ARE NOT story missions - just overly tedious) compared to LoR; but DR sure did UP the 'grind' quotient (and I'm sure Gelo and his upper management overlords are pleased).

I do have to say though that is DR is the new design for future STO 'Expansions'; I HOPE it the LAST expansion STO ever sees; and they just continue with their 'Season Updates' until PWE decides to put STO in eventual 'maintenance mode'.

I also think Al Rivera is burned out on STO completely - and we need a new person fulfilling his role because if he feels DR is the "Best STO Expansion ever, and the Players love it"™; he MUST be living in a different reality.:eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.