test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So now I learn that Duke Nukem and B'vat have one thing in common...

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Ten Forward
They're voiced by the the same voice actor (according to the STO wiki). So now this has me wondering... why is B'vat such a pushover boss in the game? Why isn't he armed with at least two heavy guns and spouting Duke Nukem's lines in Klingon while he curbstomps you and your bridge officers over and over?

On second thought... hearing "Let's Rock!" and "Hail to the King, baby!" in Klingon might end up becoming too annoying...

And right under his entry in the wiki is "Cobra Commander"...

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Voice_acting
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They probably don't have him doing that for the same reason we don't have Tuvok reporting "We ain't found sh*t!"

And Charlie Adler's "Cobra Commander" voice for S'taass has always bugged me. You can hear the snarl-hiss of the Gorn native language in the background, so she's obviously using a universal translator. Why would a UT translate her voice into an oily hissing noise? We didn't have that with Slar in the 22nd century or the Gorn Captain from "Arena."
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    They probably don't have him doing that for the same reason we don't have Tuvok reporting "We ain't found sh*t!"

And Charlie Adler's "Cobra Commander" voice for S'taass has always bugged me. You can hear the snarl-hiss of the Gorn native language in the background, so she's obviously using a universal translator. Why would a UT translate her voice into an oily hissing noise? We didn't have that with Slar in the 22nd century or the Gorn Captain from "Arena."

I understand that Tuvok can't use his line from Spaceballs (I don't think that exact line fits the character anyway), but now I take it that no matter what language is used you just can't use famous lines from other works without permission?

Great. I have this image the player facing B'vat in a large dining hall. He's wielding two heavy weapons, one in each hand (normally one of them requires TWO hands to wield), there's an empty bottle of bloodwine on the ground, and he's screaming the Klingon equivelant of "It's time to make a mess! Your gods will sort you out afterwards!!!"...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Empire has half naked Green woman walking around, If that's not Duke Nukem, I don't know what is
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lonnehart wrote: »
    And right under his entry in the wiki is "Cobra Commander"

The resurrected zombie corpse of Chris Latta? Where?